Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.91%

Post 2.5 ideas

What are some ideas you may have for things that should be implemented after 2.5 is completed?

What I want most is more Enemy Misc. Attributes--for example:

Being able to change a darknut's shield:

Misc 6: The "HP" of the darknut's shield. In other words, how many times you must hit the darknut with a hammer before it loses its shield. If 0, the shield cannot be broken.
    Misc 7: Which projectiles the shield blocks (use same #s as for shield item misc. attributes)
    Misc 8: Which projectiles the shield reflects (use same #s as for shield item misc. attributes)
    Misc 9: For which directions does this apply: 1 = Front Only (direction the enemy's facing), 2 = Back Only (opposite of direction enemy's facing) 3 = Front & Back 4 = Sides Only 5= Front & Sides, 6 = Back & Sides, 7 = Shielded from all sides

So by default, darknuts would block arrows, magic, sword beams, etc. from the front. But you could make a darknut who's shield reflects magic & blocks all other items from the front AND back (so you'd have to kill from the side)

Leevers:
    Misc Attribute 4: If 0, nothing special. If 1, the leever will shoot a projectile once each time it emerges from the ground before moving. If 2, the leever will repeatedly shoot a projectile after it emerges as it walks around.

Tektites:
    Misc Attribute 4: If 0, nothing. If 1, whenever the tektike lands, it'll shoot a projectile.

Peahat:
    Misc 1: How often the pea hat has a chance of landing (in # of seconds)
    Misc 2: The inverse chance of pea hat landing at said interval
    So for example, if misc 1 is 10 & misc 2 is 2, then every 10 seconds, the pea hat has a 1 in 2, or 50%, chance of landing.
    Misc 3: Duration that the pea hat stays landed (in # of seconds)
    Misc 4: If 0, nothing special. If 1, peahat shoots projectile only as it is flying. If 2, peahat shoots projectile only after it has landed. If 3, peahat always shoots projectiles, whether it landed or is flying.

Projectile (Fire Shooter, Arrow Shooter, etc.):
    Misc 1: How often it shoots the projectile (in # of seconds). So if it's 3, it'll shoot one projectile every 3 seconds. If 8, it'll shoot once every 8 seconds.

Wall Master:
    Misc 1: Where the wall master warps Link if it catches Link.
    0 = Dmap's Entrance
    1 = Uses Sidewarp A
    2 = Uses Sidewarp B
    3 = Uses Sidewarp C
    4 = Uses Sidewarp D

Pol's Voice:
    Misc 1: Inverse chance of it jumping when it moves to a new combo
    Misc 2: What item it's vulnerable to:
    1 = Arrow
    2 = Magic

Zora:
    Misc 1: How long Zora stays emerged before it disappears again
    Misc 2: How long Zora stays submerged before it reappears
    Misc 3: If 0, the Zora emerges randomly. If 1, the Zora emerges on water combo close to Link.

Tribble Enemies
    Misc 4: How long (in # of seconds) the enemy can wait before its killed until it transform into another enemy. For example, you can adjust how fast or slow a gel tribble transforms.

Also, for ALL enemies, be able to change the size of the enemy, from 1 tile to as large as 4 x 4.
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.62%

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.59%

Re: Post 2.5 ideas

A couple more:

Arrow/Boomerang Items: Add a sprite selection for the sprite when it hits a wall. It drives me nuts with it hardcoded to tile 54. Would be nice to have it have a set of 4 tiles for arrow impacts, so you can make it look like the arrow's actually sticking out of the wall for a second.

Ganon: Selectable "death beam" sprites. Can get frustrating when you want to use page 0 for something else, yet you have to remember to not use those 3 tiles, on top of the rest of the junk that has to be there. Right now, my page 0 is flooded with "In Use" markers due to the hardcoded stuff. The whole goal is basically "Un-hardcode" page 0, minus the first 4 tiles.

And of course, I'm sure its been suggested a million times already, but add the "Guy" enemies to the enmy editor list so we can change those tiles too.
    Current Projects: None. Might do something if I ever have the free time again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.82%

Re: Post 2.5 ideas

Eh, this is light stuff. Give them a challenge they're willing to really try!

What I would basically like to see, is that ZQuest goes outside the window - Actually not base itself within a little 320x240 screen, or a larger yet unwieldy version, but instead create a series of windows that can be scaled, closed, and removed if undesired.

Also, if it's going to be based on actual windows, I suggest expanding the palette to something like 512 colors - Not that some people need all that space, but given that some people want to rip MC graphics they can actually use the GBA palette setup.

Oh, and a few code snippets that are floating around should actually be turned into features, like the talking NPCs or bottomless pits. :)

Did I mention a complete rebuild, from the ground up, so you can not run into so many problems and bugs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.57%
    Actually the idea of NPCs and Pits aren't really nessesary since there re scripts for that.

How about solid ffcs and throwing pots?

Most recommended: pick-up and throwing objects and some Z3 movement bosses.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.62%
    I'll stick this since that hacker deleted the other thread.
    Anyway, feel free to re-post your ideas for after 2.5 right here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.88%
    I feel that despite the fact that scripts exist, a pit combo type would be a lot easier to deal with, but I can wait for the combo type editor that was brought up once for that and ice combos to happen.

I'd love a Guy Editor. I'd also love a screen flag that makes the invisible wall associated with a Guy disappear when the Guy does; as it is, the closest thing is the Feed the Goriya room type. Guys in general could use some love especially if NPCs aren't implemented into ZC proper.

A way to have branching rather than simply linear lweapon families would be awesome, but probably too complex to do.

The only other thing I really wanted... well, just got implemented. -- Pteryx

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.91%

Enemy Editor Suggestions

Here are some ideas for further custimization in the enemy editor:

1. Additional Shot Types:
    -2 Shots: Shoots 2 shots at once in any combination of the 4 compass directions (so Up and right, left & right, up & down, up & left, etc.)
    -2 Shots (Opposites Only): Fires 2 shots at once in the 4 compass directions but they will always be shot in opposite directions. In other words, can shoot Up and Down or Left & Right.

2. Add "Leaver" to the mix...Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the only other difference between a Leever and other walking enemies is that it digs into the ground & reappears. Oh, and it can't currently shoot projectiles or have other properties that Walking Enemies have, like have a shield. But Leavers should be able to fire off weapons & be shielded, as well as have Touch Jinxes...same with many other enemies too, like Tektikes & Peahats (but they dont ever walk so that's why they're not included in the this category)...Or perhaps just keep Leaver as its own category if need be but allow it to have defenses (shields) and projectiles as well.

3. For "Death Type", have both a "normal" and "instant" type...the difference would purely be cosmetic. "Normal" is kept the way it is...when an enemy dies, a puff sprite appears (it doesn't damage Link but it shows that the enemy has been killed). For "instant", when you defeat an enemy, it disappears without any sprite. I could think of many instances when this might be necessary so you dont want it to look like you've actually killed an enemy even though you may have done so.

4. For Defenses, why not add "Reflect"? This would ultimately be the highest level of defense. Not only can an enemy protect itself from Link's weapons, but it can reflect them back at Link (only applicable for certain weapons I realize). There could be 2 kinds: Always Reflect (so it reflects the weapon 100% of the time) and Rare Reflect (the enemy will always block that weapon at the very leas but it also has a chance of reflecting that weapon occassionally)

5. Some sort of way of determing how many hits with the hammer it takes before the enemy's shield is broken if the enemy is a shielded enemy & the "Hammer Can Break Shield" flag is checked. Similarly, a way to make it so that you can choose the enemy's tiles with a shield if it is in fact shielded & then choose seperately what the enemy's tiles are if the enemy then loses its shield.

6. Gravity Rate: Another variable you can set...either put on Data 1 or Data 2 tab. What this changes is how the enemy is affected by Gravity. So for example if an enemy has a higher Gravity Rate, it will fall faster when the "Enemies Fall From Ceiling" flag is set. Also, for enemies that jump (like Vires, Tektikes & Peahats), they will jump higher or shorter depending on their Gravity Rate (so maybe 50 is like the default value & anything larger would mean a smaller jump & anything lower would be a smaller jump)

I'VE SAVED THE BEST (imo) FOR LAST! MY FAVORITE NEW, POTENTIALLY EVIL ENEMY PROPERTIES:

7. Peril Damage: A checkbox for an enemy on the flags tab...if set, then when you have damaged an enemy until it only has a certain # of hits left until it dies, then the amount of damage it does is doubled. So for example, if you have a Darknut with a damage rate of 4 and 32HP and attack it until it only has like 2 HP left, then it's damage rate becomes 8.

8. Peril Speed: Another checkbox...if set, then when the enemy's HP gets down to a certain point, it's speed is doubled.

9. Peril HP: Here you put down a number...this determines at what HP does the damage amount and/or speed double for the enemy. If it's greater than the enemy's original HP, it does nothing since that doesn't make much sense. Likewise it also does nothing if neither Peril Damage nor Peril Speed are checked. But if one or both are checked, you can determine when how many hits are left do these flags take effect.

10. Peril CSet: You can leave at -1 so that means its CSet doesn't change...or you can change the value so that when the enemy's HP gets down to a certain rate or lower (as determined by the Peril HP), the enemy's colors can actually change.
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.2%
    It would be nice to have the Death Type, Death attributes, etc. (new Walker Data 1 tab) options applied to flying enemies. That is, bring Keese and Peahats into the family (with new "walk types", of course- maybe calling it movement type).

Aside from that, it would be nice to have pre-defined movement types specifically for use in sideview gravity. I've thought of a few:
    1. Walker - Just walks around. This is what we have already.
    2. Patroller - Walks until it reaches and edge of a platform, and reverse direction if it finds one.
    3. Clinger - Holds fast to solid combos. If combo is floating, it will circle around. Needs a parameter to determine initial direction (so as to set clockwise/counter-clockwise motion).
    4. Swooper - Holds on to ceiling, and swoops down when Link approaches.
    5. Divebomber- Comes from the top of the screen, then flies at Link. Parameters for period and amplitude could be added to make the latter motion a wave.
    6. Glider - Similar to the above, but comes from the side. Same parameter idea for making it a wave.
    7. Hopper - Jumps when Link approaches. Parameters for height and distance could be supplied.
    8. Climber - This one's a bit more complicated, as it requires a specific type of combo be defined as climbable. It would be an enemy that just moves up and down a chain/vine/ladder.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.39%
    I would still love to see that sideview ladder combo type.

Thread Information