vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.14%

Enemy Editor Changes/Additions

Change the Bomb projectile to:

-Bomb (Shoot)
    -Bomb (Drop, Auto)
    -Bomb (Drop, Proximity)

Basically change it so that enemies can shoot bombs forward (as they do now if Bomb or Lit Bomb is selected as a projectile) or an enemy can drop a bomb underneath itself, similar to the "Fire Trail" projectile type. The bomb it drops will either explode automatically a second or so after the enemy moves to a new combo or it'll only explode when Link comes within a few spaces of the bomb.

And 2 more Flame projectiles:

-Flame Ring (small): Instead of shooting a flame forward or a stream of flames, it creates a ring of 8 flames surrounding it, just like the "Wizzroble - Flame" enemy.

-Flame Ring (Large): Creates an even larger ring of flames at a greater distance from the enemy, like 16 flames.

Also, projectiles should be available for more enemies, not just the few that we have already. For example, currently a "tektite" enemy cannot shoot projectiles. But why not? Why not have a tektite that can lay a bomb after it jumps? Or shoot fireballs?

And leavers--leavers cannot shoot bombs, rocks, fireballs, flames, magic, etc. Why not? I wanted to have a new enemy that is of the leever type but looks like a Deku & shoots rocks--I discovered that unfortunately, Leever type enemies cannot shoot projectiles.

Also, some other Flags (checkboxes) that should be implemented for ALL enemies should be:

-Excluded from Enemies->Secrets/Items: If checked, you dont need to kill this enemy in order for items or secrets to be triggered from the "Enemies->Secrets" or "Enemies->Item" Screen Flags. Currently boulders, rocks, & zoras exhibit this property.

-Cannot Be Stunned by B'rang/Hookshot: If the item hits this enemy, it'll go back to Link w/out freezing the enemy.

-Invulnerable to Kill All Enemies Item: Must be killed manually, not by this item.

-No "Poof" sprite upon death: When you kill the enemy, it disappears w/out any "Poof" sprite.
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.89%

Lightbulb Re: Enemy Editor Changes/Additions

I mentioned at least two of these a while back...
    In addition, I think there should be a sound effects tab in the enemy editor to include the following sound effects for enemies to use:
    Background Sound (already in there); Firing Sound (some enemies use specific firing sounds, while some do not have firing sounds); Damage Sound 1 (Most bosses use this when killed); Damage Sound 2 (the Roar sound effect for when bosses take damage or are killed); Death Sound 1 (Most bosses use the damage sound effect when killed); Death Sound 2 (See Damage Sound 2). Also, instead of having to type in the number of the sound effect to be used (which makes it difficult), why not use a drop box that just lets you select the sounds by clicking them.
    As for the many unimplemented vulnerability flags, who knows when the hell they'll be programmed!

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.91%

Re: Enemy Editor Changes/Additions

The enemy code isn't as easy to fiddle with as the Item Editor, so it will only be improved when I have the time and opportunity to move around several of ZC's internal organs. Sadly, that is not right now. Temper your patience.

Thread Information