2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.88%

(DS) Crystal Chronicles; Echoes of time

Anyone else pick-up/download this game?

It's pretty sweet. They fixed most of the flaws from the first one, and made the races a lot more accessible (my selkie can use a sword if I want to).

I love the whole multiplayer focus they got. You can go multiplayer with your single player character even before the first dungeon.

If anyone wants my friend code, it's:

I'm a Selkie named Hawkeye.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.11%

Re: (DS) Crystal Chronicles; Echoes of time

Hmm, can you go co-op online? If so, I'll jump right in with you Aegix.

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.88%

Quote Originally Posted by The_Amaster View Post
    Hmm, can you go co-op online?
    Yip. Even before the first dungeon.

Just run up to the first save point, hit "save and start multiplayer" and BAM.

AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.86%

I really enjoyed the first Crystal Chronicles on the GameCube. Did they really muff things up, or is it pretty much the same gameplay? Because I wouldn't mind more of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.88%

It's more like the previous DS title, but they fixed pretty much every flaw I could remember.

In case you never played the DS game, it's similar, but not quite the same to the GC game. Instead of hunting for relics to get stronger, you now level up. You also have an MP gauge to cast MP out of, and you start with all the basic spells already. Also, exploration and combat have a much higher priority than before. So far, I haven't had to drag a "keystone" too far to unlock a door, and the puzzles have been a bit simpler. Plus you can jump to get to new places, or attack from on high (selkies can double jump.). There are also quests to do, some irreverent humor, and you can make and direct as many (or few) AI party members as you want to make.

Oh, and there's no chalice. but in some dungeons with poisoned air (so far I only know of one), you will find temporary chalices, which you can place on a panel to turn them on, and get a circle of protection.

I really hear ya about the Gamecube one. I LOVED IT. I've been looking around for a second GBA to gamecube cable, because I've lost my second one, but so far no luck. My brother REALLY wants to play it with me.

Hey, Amaster. Lemme know when you've got your friend code up, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.55%

What I really like about the multiplayer is the friend system. If you are inviting just friends into the game, you can start the dungeon by yourself, then people will join later. They only have to wait until you leave the room.

By the Aegix, what was your favorite dungeon?

Mine was the ruins followed by the tower, followed by the bridge.

For the record MasterSword, they also added things like jumping and swimming. There's a combination of beat-em-up, (hard) platforming, and puzzle solving.

Edit: Friend Code

Currently working on Legend of Zelda: Hero's End (Oringinally Zelda 2.5, but plot changed)
    Overworld: 100%
    Underworld 30%
    Dungeons: 13/14

And now for an irrelevant comment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.88%

...I'm still really early in the game. (Level 10-15ish). So I don't know what those dungeons are.
    (added your FC, by the way)

EDIT: Ok, simpler puzzles? Did I say that? UGH...I am now stuck in this one dungeon with a real dillema that I don't know how to solve with just me and my AI buddies. I have these two pressure switches, plus a magic casting apparatus, and a switch that needs the magic apparatus to work. And I can't get it to work when my AI partners won't stand on the switches, or help at all. @_@.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.55%

Quote Originally Posted by Aegix Drakan View Post
    EDIT: Ok, simpler puzzles? Did I say that? UGH...I am now stuck in this one dungeon with a real dillema that I don't know how to solve with just me and my AI buddies. I have these two pressure switches, plus a magic casting apparatus, and a switch that needs the magic apparatus to work. And I can't get it to work when my AI partners won't stand on the switches, or help at all. @_@.
    In the library? Try pushing a bookcase onto one of the switches. If it's the puzzle I'm thinking of, it should be on the further lower left 2nd level.

((Why do I remember specific rooms?))

Oh. Yes, and try not to bother much with the AI buddies, they get more useless the further you get in the game.
    Currently working on Legend of Zelda: Hero's End (Oringinally Zelda 2.5, but plot changed)
    Overworld: 100%
    Underworld 30%
    Dungeons: 13/14

And now for an irrelevant comment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.59%

Looked into picking this up, and I probably will this weekend. However, one thing I really want to know. Everywhere I look it says DS/Wii, but all I've ever seen is DS screenshots. Is the Wii version still on its way, or is is required to play the DS one, or what? Nothing seems to be clear on it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.88%

The Wii version is pretty much just the DS game emulated on a Wii (with SLIGHTLY improved graphics).

Honestly, get the DS version. The Wii version seems to be PLAGUED with contol issues. If you want to go to your inventory, first you need to press (+) to make the inventory screen larger. Then, you need to point the wiimote at the screen, and select the items and stuff, etc, and then press (-) to make the gameplay screen larger again. ...whereas on DS, it's just a few taps of the touchscreen away.

And Banon, I managed to finish that puzle just before getting that hint. Oh my gosh, that was so annoying. I didn't even NOTICE that damn bookcase the first time!

Thread Information