Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.2%
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloral View Post
    I remember the first dungeon in PH being a lot harder than the first dungeon in ST. Then again, that might just be because I'm already used to the stylus controls.
    When I first played Phantom Hourglass, I felt a lot like I did when I first played Metroid Prime 3 - I felt like the controls did not work, and that Nintendo had made a big mistake. But like MP3, I gave PH a little more time, and now everything feels second nature.

I just beat the 2nd dungeon and I think it was better than the first. There are definitely some puzzles you have to think more about, mainly because Link is able to do much more than in past games.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.69%
    If you didn't like PH then you won't like this, it's basicly the same gameplay. I enjoyed it, but I also liked PH. I did get tired of taking the train back and forth, and by the end of the game I only did what would get me more hart containers, and didn't care about the rest. Yes you can customize your train, but it's purely cosmetic, so not much drive for me to do it. I did enjoy the teamwork aspect of the Spirit Tower.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.55%
    Why is Link on a train?
    I ask myself the same question every waking hour.
    www.gameclimate.com
    Armageddon Games Administrator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.67%
    I must say that this looks like it is the worst idea of the entire Zelda franchise... lets hope the game play rocks our socks off or I figure we might be a little upset with the lack of thought put into a series as epic as this one.

Maybe because hes sick of being on a boat?

If you are caught by the gorillas, you must remember one thing.
    What's that?
    Never to speak!
    What the hell would I have to say to a gorilla?

Dangomushi
    People really thought Wind Waker looked bad? I'm in my 30's and I thought it was PERFECT!! It was a return to the child-hearted wonder that made early Zelda games so great. All this nonsense that Zelda games need to be all mysterious and moody is bollocks! Look man... CHILDHOOD WONDER!! That's the main theme of Zelda games... and yeah... Wind Waker was amazing because... hell, it was a fun idea and boats are neat.... same with this game... seems like a fun idea and... hell, trains are neat too!

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.88%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangomushi View Post
    People really thought Wind Waker looked bad? I'm in my 30's and I thought it was PERFECT!! It was a return to the child-hearted wonder that made early Zelda games so great. All this nonsense that Zelda games need to be all mysterious and moody is bollocks! Look man... CHILDHOOD WONDER!! That's the main theme of Zelda games... and yeah... Wind Waker was amazing because... hell, it was a fun idea and boats are neat.... same with this game... seems like a fun idea and... hell, trains are neat too!
    Not to mention that if you look closely and do the research, Toon Link's design is based on that of Link from the original Zelda for NES. there might be some slight cosmetic changes and different colors, but nothing a good Alternate costume in Super Smash Bros. Brawl can't reveal. Go ahead, look at his alternate costumes. One of them is Original Link.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.32%
    I have to agree with Cjc7988, they should spend more time on interlinking the dungeons together and making better use out of each dungeon item even outside of the dungeons.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.26%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangomushi View Post
    True.. I loved WW. The reason I hated PH, and have yet to play ST is because they seem to take away your freedom. In WW you could sail to any island you wanted, and there where tons early on (WW had 48 islands with at least one thing to do on each). In PH, you have about five islands, and then, like, three other ones. The game had little to do outside of the next tediously simplistic dungeon, and there was no real reward for doing anything (No HPCs, only "extra" items where useless ship parts). PH had equally bland music to accompany its shit design. I truly hate that game. ST looks like more of the same. People need to realize that these WW "sequels" are not half the game WW was, and that they are only hurting WW's reputation. WW was awesome. It was open, and even if it was a bit easy, it was a fun game. PH was just mundane, linear, bland, and out right boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Old-skool View Post
    Not to mention that if you look closely and do the research, Toon Link's design is based on that of Link from the original Zelda for NES. there might be some slight cosmetic changes and different colors, but nothing a good Alternate costume in Super Smash Bros. Brawl can't reveal. Go ahead, look at his alternate costumes. One of them is Original Link.
    I always use Link's old colors. I used Marios "inverted" overalls too in Melee, but in Brawl, I use Fire Mario's colors.

I really like the art style of WW. I wish Nintendo would take it further, on the right platform instead of dumb it down, and make it look like total shit on a system that can't even pull it off.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.32%
    You'll be disappointed if you got Spirit Tracks, yes there are things to do between dungeons but you can't really do much until you've beaten all the dungeons and even then the only things you can do extra, is unlocking additional "warp points". You can upgrade your train but its not needed at all.

I have not played PH but I hear the Tower is much better then PH's central dungeon.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.04%
    I, too, wish they would bring back the WW-style for a console game. I'd love to see a full-blown Hyrule (read: more land, less water) in that style. The retro toon link in Brawl was amazing, and hell, I'd even settle for a LTTP remake.

The only problem I truly had with Wind Waker was that you could tell that it was a rushed game. Most of the islands were tiny and insignificant, and you could tell where they pulled dungeons out of the story line.

There hasn't been a good handheld Zelda game since Link's Awakening.
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Thread Information