2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.96%
    Oracle of Ages anyone?
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.82%
    ...I might be the only person in the world who liked Minish Cap...

But I just have a feeling that Zelda Wii will be spectacular. The main complaints of TP were that it stuck too closely to the Zelda formula and it tried too hard to be an Ocarina of Time successor. We know that Zelda Wii is mixing up the formula a bit (should be interesting to see how they do it), and I seriously doubt Nintendo would do another Hyrule/Zelda/Ganondorf/Master Sword storyline.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.96%
    I would have thought the complaints are a bland overworld and no non-linearity. The Twilight effectively halts any exploration forcing you to follow a set path.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.42%
    You know, I played Twilight Princess on the Wii and thought it was so-so. Then I revisited it just recently in it's GameCube version, and found that I rather enjoyed it the second time around. It really is a beautiful game.

I worry that the new Zelda Wii game is going to rely on one gimmick: the motion controls. I'm hoping this so-called new direction means a shift in the flow of the game. Personally, on my wish list is more of an mmo-style approach (not online, but more of a quest-based adventure, in the style of Fable, Oblivion, etc.)
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.55%
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You know, I played Twilight Princess on the Wii and thought it was so-so. Then I revisited it just recently in it's GameCube version, and found that I rather enjoyed it the second time around. It really is a beautiful game.

I worry that the new Zelda Wii game is going to rely on one gimmick: the motion controls. I'm hoping this so-called new direction means a shift in the flow of the game. Personally, on my wish list is more of an mmo-style approach (not online, but more of a quest-based adventure, in the style of Fable, Oblivion, etc.)
    Oh yeah, the Wii version blows. The controls suck. No thanks on the waggle fest, AND they take away the free camera AND we get some awkward ass d-pad mapped items? Given that it is using the same controller, I think we'll be getting more of the same come Zelda Wii. I hate the gimmicky bullshit. Why must it come at the expense of a good series? GCN TP was actually pretty good. I only have some complaints about the dungeon linearity (one key/ locked door at a time?), and over all difficulty, or lack of. The wolf parts in the beginning suck too, but other than that, TP was not a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    I would have thought the complaints are a bland overworld and no non-linearity. The Twilight effectively halts any exploration forcing you to follow a set path.
    Yeah, but all Zeldas do that to an extent. I thoroughly hated the wolf sections, so I am in no way defending it, but you could always return to areas later on. I actually thought the overworld was one of the strongest points. It really beats OoT in this regard. I will say that Death Mountain did seem like a cop-out. I really wanted to go to the glowy lava-y summit. In terms of openess, I'd say the Twilight really only matters within the first 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn View Post
    ...I might be the only person in the world who liked Minish Cap...

But I just have a feeling that Zelda Wii will be spectacular. The main complaints of TP were that it stuck too closely to the Zelda formula and it tried too hard to be an Ocarina of Time successor. We know that Zelda Wii is mixing up the formula a bit (should be interesting to see how they do it), and I seriously doubt Nintendo would do another Hyrule/Zelda/Ganondorf/Master Sword storyline.
    I liked Minish Cap. A lot actually. I am not holding out much hope for Zelda Wii. I'll probably be sorely let down if I let myself believe it might be a good game :/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthus View Post
    I liked Minish Cap. A lot actually. I am not holding out much hope for Zelda Wii. I'll probably be sorely let down if I let myself believe it might be a good game :/
    Really? I think Minish Cap has one of the most, if not the most, restricting overworlds in any Zelda game. I think all Zelda games after the first one have become more and more restricting with each one (save for maybe A Link to The Past, which was pretty open). I think that is the reason I like the first game the best.

I played Twilight Princess on GCN cause I didn't have a Wii at the time, and knew what the drawbacks would be play-wise. Liked the wolf sections. They added a nice variety, and something new. I'm looking forward to the new Zelda Wii, but not really the idea of using the sword with 1:1 motion mapping. But Nintendo is smart. They won't make it a pain or not fun to use. I'm sure they will have something good.

Thread Information