User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Unthinkable - Hamas uses boys school for defense while bombing Israel soldiers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.22%

Re: Unthinkable - Hamas uses boys school for defense while bombing Israel soldiers.

Ugh... See, my problem is, you can play the blame game back and forth all the way to the creation of Israel back in 1948 (which I personally consider an unfortunate mistake of history). At some point, someone's just gonna have to say "I care more about peace than revenge," or bloodshed will occur indefinitely.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.81%

Re: Unthinkable - Hamas uses boys school for defense while bombing Israel soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    At some point, someone's just gonna have to say "I care more about peace than revenge,"
    Someone IS saying it. More than one person is. But they're drowned out by the million and one other people jumping around screaming "WE WANT VENGEANE! WE WANT VENGEANCE!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.77%

If Hamas is wiped out, another extremist group will take their place. As long as their are Israelis and Palestinians, Israelis and Palestinians will keep on killing each other.
    Well, if they keep killing each other, maybe one day we can have a world where they have wiped each other out.

This is why imaginary friends should stop being socially acceptable past the age of eight.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.67%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

the creation of Israel back in 1948 (which I personally consider an unfortunate mistake of history).
    Yeah how unfortunate that there is one single country in that entire region that is a successful capitalist democracy that respects women's rights, individual liberties, education, and has turned their patch of desert into a powerful economy while their neighbors languish in religious hatred and medieval poverty created by their own philosophical backwardness.

I mean, seriously what a tragedy. It would be so much better if that land were controlled by the Palestinians and their impoverished, intellectually dead nation was slightly larger.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I know it's not right to ask, but if you had a choice about who would win the war, who would you rather see flood the area? The Islam of today, or the Israelis of today? Are we 100% sure that after this conflict is somehow resolved, the Israelis or the others won't suddenly reach out and attack the neighboring countries who aren't of the same faith and value system and make some claim that the tabloids will suddenly start to support due to money issues?

We all need to start reading more than one source of coverage about this. There isn't one single source that isn't biased one way or the other. I personally read the Jewish Star. (Hell, I would. I'm Jewish. :p ) and I spoke to some girl who came from the UK as a transfer student about the crisis, and she was completely against Israel due to tragedies committed against humanity, (In other words, humanity being Everyone but Israel.) and continually returned to that point regardless of what I said. It's going to happen; people will take sides, and just won't change their minds or look at other facts or opinions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.22%

Who would I rather see flood the area? I can't stand the thought of either side being exterminated - how am I supposed to have an opinion here? I can't just look at one side and say "Your culture is inferior, you deserve less to be allowed to live." It's all just sheer bloody madness, which is something I think most people aren't comfortable with - we need good guys and bad guys, we need to feel like there's a right and wrong side to this.

And while I do believe there is a right and a wrong side to this conflict, unfortunately, it's not as simple as people like - it doesn't follow neat political lines like we always think it should. There are people who want peace, and there are people who want war. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether you're an Israeli or a Palestinian. There are Palestinians who want peace, and there are Israelis who want war, and vice versa. Ultimately, this is why I do not take sides - I am on the side of anyone, regardless of culture, who supports peace. I am against all of those who want war.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.67%

I am on the side of anyone, regardless of culture, who supports peace. I am against all of those who want war.
    So you're for Neville Chamberlain, but against Winston Churchill.

“We should seek by all means in our power to avoid war, by analyzing possible causes, by trying to remove them, by discussion in a spirit of collaboration and good will. I cannot believe that such a program would be rejected by the people of this country, even if it does mean the establishment of personal contact with the dictators.” - Neville Chamberlain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.22%

Are you saying that the Palestinians should fight?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.67%

I think the Palestinians should treat their neighbors with respect and humanity. Since they won't, I think Israel should exterminate them like roaches.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%

I'm still having a lot of trouble seeing the non-Israeli Middle Eastern people as being capable of peace. At least concerning the events surrounding the people who are the extremists, anyway. I know there are civilians involved, yes, and they're "innocent," but really, how innocent can people be if they're taught from an early age to hate other nations? How is that so easily forgettable?

The way I see it, it's like that scene from Indiana Jones - Crystal Skull, with the field of ants. You can't reason with them. It's just a flood of constantly biting, nibbling, eating, flowing, dissolving death, (Death to all infidels.) who will stop at nothing to achieve the apparent religious necessities. No matter how much the Jews cede to their enemies in order to persuade a sense of peace to the air around them, they will always want more, and more, and more. It will never, ever stop. I'm astonished Israel is still trying for any semblance of peace, even after the static trends they've already been through year after year.

Are you saying that the Palestinians should fight?
    Israel is already having to defend themselves from some sort of fight.

Even after everything else said here, I still can't believe someone said Israel's creation was a mistake. Okay, you know I'm a generally nice person, and would stop at nothing to make people smile, but wow, you just punched me in the Matzo-balls, yo.

Thread Information