Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.64%

Question Midis not working in Zquest/Zelda Classic

Let me start from the top... If you don't really care about the backround story just skip this first paragraph...

So I got build 946 and the game would crash like every 10 seconds, so I reverted down to 910. I think... a couple songs from Doom would go good with my game, so I go to VGmusic and get a bunch of songs from doom. I listen to the songs outside of Zquest and they work perfectly fine. I open up Zquest to put the songs in the game, and in the edit MIDI menu screen thing, no sound is being played, so I think "It must just be my version, I'll go back to 908." At that time, my friend tells me to go on the Youtube for a hilarous video. I click his link, and the video has no sound... none of the sonds on my computer work. I do system restore, sounds are fixed.

I open up Zquest again, all sounds except MIDIs work. The MIDIs work outside of Zquest/Zelda Classic, but not in it, this is for all MIDIs, not just the ones I downloaded.

I need to know how to get my MIDIs to work again, if anyone is experiancing this, and know how to fix it, please tell me.

Thanks.

PS - I tried swithing versions. I went from version 908 to one hundred something.

--------------EDIT-------------
    I've found out that the midis in Zquest and Zelda Classic only work if another Midi is currently playing, which is really annoying. The midi plays at the same volume in Zquest as it is in the music player, and it only plays when it is loud enough. Kind of wierd. What I could use is a Midi or something that is silent and just play that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.56%

Re: Midis not working in Zquest/Zelda Classic

If the MIDIs are going through your sound card, generally only one program will be able to use MIDI at a time, so your problem seems kind of odd. MIDIs have been working fine on my ZC.
    Avatar: Just who the SPAAAACE do you think I am?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.39%

You need to open volume control and turn up SW Synth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.64%

Thanks a lot spyk99999, It worked. I tried turning up SW Synth before, but I guess it was before system restore and was reset.

Thread Information