Okay.
So I've hit 6000 posts
and 8 years here.
Holy shit.

Does no one else find it ridiculous that I have spent the last 8 years consistently coming to an internet message board?

In reality, communication is communication. Regarding the anonymity of the internet, suspension of disbelief must be a large part of the communication process. Not only are the standard handicaps in place as all text-based communication (lack of facial expression, vocal intonation, etc.) but there's the addition of having a lack of intimate contact. Most of the people you encounter on the internet you will never meet in person. This encourages people to act in a way contrary to who they truly are.

I would like to say that I have been pretty true this whole time. I was definitely a dumbass in my earlier days, and I still occasionally have a random dumbass moment, but on the whole I have become a fairly worthwhile individual, I feel.

To me, this hasn't been a waste of time. Because I generally react in a manner similar to how I truly think and react, I have experienced personal growth from interacting on these boards. To me, communication with another human is communication, regardless of the medium.

So here's 8 years. And 6000 posts full of words that chronicle my growth and development as a human being.

Cheers.