Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.49%

Re: Looking For Feedback

Yeah, I'm not done yet. I still need to find that "secret passage", and I need more magic upgrades to kill the gibdos with the mirror. I think I'll try to figure it out myself first, though... Well, maybe just one thing. Do I need bombs for anything?

Either way, I'm going to sleep now. I'll continue tomorrow.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.33%

You'll need one bomb to open a path, and a couple more to defeat the dodongo within. There's only one wall crack in the entire dungeon, so if you see it, place a bomb nearby. You'll probably find bombs after killing a few darknuts, but I put some in a chest just in case some never turned up.

And I'm getting this weird bug where the compass marker is barely showing up, and if you have the map, it's completely invisible? It works fine in the main quest file, so I have no idea what the difference would be. Anyway, if you have the compass, but can't see the marker, it should be the blinking on the bottom-left room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.49%

Quote Originally Posted by CSD View Post
    You'll need one bomb to open a path, and a couple more to defeat the dodongo within. There's only one wall crack in the entire dungeon, so if you see it, place a bomb nearby. You'll probably find bombs after killing a few darknuts, but I put some in a chest just in case some never turned up.
    Well, I have 12, so I shouldn't run out anytime soon.

And I'm getting this weird bug where the compass marker is barely showing up, and if you have the map, it's completely invisible? It works fine in the main quest file, so I have no idea what the difference would be. Anyway, if you have the compass, but can't see the marker, it should be the blinking on the bottom-left room.
    I noticed that I couldn't see the mark, but didn't care since I know where the boss door is. As for the map, I can see it, although it is a little dark...

EDIT: I was right. Darknuts do drop magic. I think I'll be OK now.

EDIT2: ...or not. I found another magic upgrade behind the cracked wall, but it was only enough to kill one of the gibdos. In case I'm missing any more upgrades, here are the ones I found already.

1) Next door to the puzzle room
    2) Outside the boss room
    3) Behind the cracked wall

Also, I haven't found the "secret passage" yet (unless killing those gibdos is involved). So, any help?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.33%

OK, I'll tell you, but you're probably gonna hate me, lol. The final magic container is in an unmarked room behind a waterfall in the unflooded version of the dungeon.

The "secret passage" (which totally sucks, btw) is located in the unflooded version of the room that would have the 10 zoras in the flooded version (upper left corner). You walk north into the bottom of the room's "pillar" and follow a path around and into the room with the moblin and then continue through to the dungeon boss.

I thought this would be cool, until I realized that, since you're not actually link, you won't be able to feel the walls around you in the dark, lol. Then I thought it wasn't going to bug me so much, but after posting it here, I realize now that I'm not going to be able to live with its absolute crappiness.

I'm going to change it as soon as a get a new power adapter for my laptop. Notice the doors to the left and the right of the moblin room that don't seem to connect to anything? I'm gonna change it so that you can walk directly into the side of the next room through a door, which would be obscured by the overhang. Then I'll put a staircase warp to the boss, or something. I think that'd be much less crappy and a more reasonable thing to ask of players.

The boss a triforce rooms... are also lacking. Sorry for the crappy final act, k?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.49%

OK, I'll tell you, but you're probably gonna hate me, lol. The final magic container is in an unmarked room behind a waterfall in the unflooded version of the dungeon.

The "secret passage" (which totally sucks, btw) is located in the unflooded version of the room that would have the 10 zoras in the flooded version (upper left corner). You walk north into the bottom of the room's "pillar" and follow a path around and into the room with the moblin and then continue through to the dungeon boss.

I thought this would be cool, until I realized that, since you're not actually link, you won't be able to feel the walls around you in the dark, lol. Then I thought it wasn't going to bug me so much, but after posting it here, I realize now that I'm not going to be able to live with its absolute crappiness.

I'm going to change it as soon as a get a new power adapter for my laptop. Notice the doors to the left and the right of the moblin room that don't seem to connect to anything? I'm gonna change it so that you can walk directly into the side of the next room through a door, which would be obscured by the overhang. Then I'll put a staircase warp to the boss, or something. I think that'd be much less crappy and a more reasonable thing to ask of players.

The boss a triforce rooms... are also lacking. Sorry for the crappy final act, k?
    Actually, the first thing that came to my mind after listening to the moblin was to check the pillars. I guess I missed checking one, though. You could go with your own suggestion (which I'm sure would be easier to find), or you could change the moblin's speech to indicate that the correct screen has no traps or some other difference. Just to throw an idea out there.

As for the waterfall, I believe I know which one you're talking about. Of course, silly me, I only checked the waterfall in the flooded version. I should have known better.

Overall, don't feel bad about making hidden doorways. Just make sure you have proper clues to help the player.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.33%

I could make a more helpful message, but then it'd make things too obvious instead of too vague -- it's impossible to find a middle ground here. The main thing I don't like about it, though, is fumbling around without knowing where you are and taking random hits from the tektites. I just... don't like it. And the reason that room has no traps or enemies is because I needed to warp you to another map in order to get that passage to work, and I didn't want to figure out if/how enemy and trap positions can be carried over. Actually, I may remove the moblin altogether, leaving your only clue to be the presence of doors to which no room supposedly connects (except, of course, now the doors are actually connected to the immediate rooms, just hidden by the overhangs). I think it'd work better that way, and, when somebody gets mad when they can't find it, at least then I can justify the solution a little better.

Lol. The first thing that comes to my mind whenever I see a waterfall is to check behind it. It's OSD. I gotta check, no matter how unlikely. Sorry about that thing with the checking it on the flooded version. It's another one of those low ceilings, except this time you can't see that it's there. The worst part is, when you emerge into the next room, you're on the upper portions of the level, so it'd make more sense if it worked on the flooded version and not the... unflooded, lol. I made the floor behind the waterfall a slowwalk combo, as if you were going up stairs... Think of it as an upward sloping tunnel, or something. When you say "I should have known better", do you mean that you actually should have known to try it on the lower water-level version, or are you implying that it was something that you shouldn't have been expected to know? Text is no good at sarcasm.

You're basically done at this point. There's a couple of things worth seeing, I guess. After the secret passage but before the boss door, there's a switch that activates a shortcut back to the boss room. Also, the method with which you pick up the boss key is kinda neat too (you've done a similar thing a dozen times already, but I guess it works as a nice little "final hurrah").

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.49%

I could make a more helpful message, but then it'd make things too obvious instead of too vague -- it's impossible to find a middle ground here. The main thing I don't like about it, though, is fumbling around without knowing where you are and taking random hits from the tektites. I just... don't like it. And the reason that room has no traps or enemies is because I needed to warp you to another map in order to get that passage to work, and I didn't want to figure out if/how enemy and trap positions can be carried over. Actually, I may remove the moblin altogether, leaving your only clue to be the presence of doors to which no room supposedly connects (except, of course, now the doors are actually connected to the immediate rooms, just hidden by the overhangs). I think it'd work better that way, and, when somebody gets mad when they can't find it, at least then I can justify the solution a little better.
    Yeah, wandering in the dark for one board is permissible, but 5+ boards in a row is not. I was thinking just get rid of the overlay for your interior version of the screens so that Link can see where he's going, but your idea works, too.

Lol. The first thing that comes to my mind whenever I see a waterfall is to check behind it. It's OSD. I gotta check, no matter how unlikely. Sorry about that thing with the checking it on the flooded version. It's another one of those low ceilings, except this time you can't see that it's there. The worst part is, when you emerge into the next room, you're on the upper portions of the level, so it'd make more sense if it worked on the flooded version and not the... unflooded, lol. I made the floor behind the waterfall a slowwalk combo, as if you were going up stairs... Think of it as an upward sloping tunnel, or something. When you say "I should have known better", do you mean that you actually should have known to try it on the lower water-level version, or are you implying that it was something that you shouldn't have been expected to know? Text is no good at sarcasm.
    That's the first thing that comes to my mind when I see waterfalls I can reach. Sometimes, though, I get preoccupied with other tasks that I sometimes forget about checking suspicious areas. So, no, I wasn't being sarcastic. I just felt really silly for waiting that long to check it.

You're basically done at this point. There's a couple of things worth seeing, I guess. After the secret passage but before the boss door, there's a switch that activates a shortcut back to the boss room. Also, the method with which you pick up the boss key is kinda neat too (you've done a similar thing a dozen times already, but I guess it works as a nice little "final hurrah").
    The boss key was actually my favorite part of the level. That's a great trap you have there. Definitely appreciate the shortcut, too. I needed to use it quite a bit because of the boss. Speaking of which, is it possible that you can move where patra spawns? I don't like how he spawns right on top of me when I enter the room (especially with his 2 hearts damage rate).

What's with the lights going out in the Triforce rooms, anyway? It seemed a little odd...

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.33%

It is possible to avoid that patra, but it seems to be fairly random (and rare) for this to occur. Those last two rooms, I'm gonna say they're not finished. I'll come back to them after (if?) I make a few more dungeons... And I thought of taking the ceiling away already, and it looked kinda stupid, so I just put it back...

Anyway, I said this a couple times already, but thanks for taking the time to play it!

Is anybody else planning on giving it a try? What about the guy that asked me to move it off of megaupload? Maybe the guy that asked me what build it was for? I'll check the board for a few more days, but I'm betting I'm going back to talking to my echo. I'll post here again if I make something else worth getting feedback for.

Thread Information