Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.68%

Looking For Feedback

So, I've been messing around with zc for a few months, but I still don't really have a clue what I'm doing, lol. Anyway, I made a dungeon... yay me.

http://www.freewebs.com/cavehelp/Level_5.qst

I'd like some people to try it and tell me, basically, everything they can think of. Good, bad, and ugly. Just, anything at all would be nice, really. I'd prefer if you actually played through the whole thing, so you get the full "impact", lol. I'll provide help if you get stuck. Just ignore the overworld for now -- it's only there 'cause you need to exit it to it once of twice in order to get through the dungeon, but other than that it serves no purpose -- pretend it isn't there.

I figure I'll mention, since this is something, if there were a whole quest up until the point of this dungeon, you'd know to try it by now, but if you play the whistle it'll start raining, and if you enter the dungeon after flooding it out... well... anyway... I hope you try it. There's a block-push puzzle around half-way through that's mandatory.

I had a hard time figuring which thread this should be in. I narrowed it down to this, quest announcement, and editor help. Neither really seemed to be what I'm looking for... If you have a better idea of where this goes, please move it.

EDIT: It turns out I forgot to give you a required item (which wouldn't be required if I didn't need to use heavy push blocks to trigger secrets), so if you downloaded it already (you didn't), please re-download. Sorry for the inconvenience that I probably didn't cause.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.68%

Re: Looking For Feedback

Wow... You guys are a helpful bunch, lol. Well, there's really no point in me continuing this is nobody's even gonna bother to try it. How am I supposed to figure out what I should be doing differently? I guess I'll find something else to do... I hear Guitar Hero's pretty fun?

Seriously, somebody saying something. That'd be nice. A random scramble of characters would be better than nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.78%

Quote Originally Posted by CSD View Post
    A random scramble of characters would be better than nothing.
    :) :p

Anyway, I'm sure everyone has their reasons for not checking it out. I, myself, am at college right now with a busy schedule. If I ever get a huge break from work, I can look into it; but for now, I'm really cramped here for time. It does sound interesting though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.52%

First off, uploading it somewhere where you don't have to do anything to download it would be helpful. Megaupload sucks, because after you put in the code, you have to wait for it to download. Second, there's not much time do play quests lately, what with school/college and work. Be patient

[Edit] Also, I refuse to download from Megaupload. If you want me to try it, do as I said at first and upload it somewhere else. Preferably where all you have to do is click the link

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.82%

What ZC version is this for?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.68%

Oh, I used 2.5 build 743. At some point I was going to remember to include this in the first post, but then I forgot, lol.

And megaupload is terrible... I usually only use it for, like, 100MB+ files. Have you guys any better suggestions for large files, because I'd really rather not use megaupload if I don't have to. Anyway, I'll move it over to my freewebs now, but you guys have to promise not to attempt to visit any of the other pages, because the content is totally not about Neopets (lol, try my pirate cave up on canadianstickdeath -- it's crazy).

www.freewebs.com/cavehelp/Level_5.qst

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.78%

I like the design of the level. Pretty clever, actually. I actually recognized the solution to that push-block puzzle immediately, but it's still a pretty clever one. I do have a few changes and grievances, though:

Changes:
    1) At your second "flooding point" (not sure what else to call them) at the NE area of the dungeon, the floor around the magic-rod-triggered switch is incorrect when the dungeon is flooded (it's the dry stone instead of the wet floor).
    2) Make the staircases into the dungeon at least slightly visible when flooded? I had problems finding them the first time through.

Grievances:
    1) Are there any enemies that drop magic in this dungeon? I'd hate to keep walking back to the puzzle room to constantly refill my tiny supply.
    2) The Zoras + Traps + Swimming combo really ticked me off. I honestly think it's too much to ask of the player to time the dodging of five traps (almost) in a row, while dodging fireballs all at once, especially with such a slow swimming speed. The corner with all Zoras is fine, though. Just do something about that top-right corner.
    3) The Darknuts were OK to fight for the most part (even when you introduced a single blue Darknut). However, I though the jump up to four blue Darknuts at once on ice was too sharp of a difficulty increase (even though I had no trouble with them). Maybe make two of them red?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.68%

Lol! Somebody actually played it! Yay!

Changes:
    1 - You know what, everytime I enter that room, I got the vague feeling that something was off. That's for pointing that out!

2 - I only included any overworld at all because you need to exit to it every so often. This is not how you would enter the dungeon in an actual quest.

Grievances:
    1 - You know, I have no idea at all. Do gibdo's drop magic? What about the pots? If they don't, the answer is probably no, lol. What all drops magic?

2 - Yeah... So I ran out of ideas, lol, so I just spammed the traps and zoras everywhere. Those were the last few rooms I made. Making those upper-left rooms three times over was quite an exercise in monotony. I'll guess I'll cut back on a few zoras.

3 - You don't need to fight those blue darknuts -- you can just run past. You are right though. It at least seems... out-of-place. I'll take three down to read, probably leaving the one closest to the entrance blue?

Well, again, thanks for playing it! I'm glad somebody did. I was expecting to come here and find that there were still no replies, lol. Is anybody else planning on giving it a try? I'd like to hear everything that anyone has to say!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.78%

Lol! Somebody actually played it! Yay!
    That's because it's MLK weekend, and I get a day off from college (meaning more time to finish work and have free time). Hopefully, I can finish the dungeon before I really get crammed with work...

Changes:
    1 - You know what, everytime I enter that room, I got the vague feeling that something was off. That's for pointing that out!
    You're welcome. :)

2 - I only included any overworld at all because you need to exit to it every so often. This is not how you would enter the dungeon in an actual quest.
    So it's just a temporary screen? It all makes sense, then...

Grievances:
    1 - You know, I have no idea at all. Do gibdo's drop magic? What about the pots? If they don't, the answer is probably no, lol. What all drops magic?
    Well, I looked up the item drop lists, and I believe gibdos don't, but darknuts do. I'll check it out later.

2 - Yeah... So I ran out of ideas, lol, so I just spammed the traps and zoras everywhere. Those were the last few rooms I made. Making those upper-left rooms three times over was quite an exercise in monotony. I'll guess I'll cut back on a few zoras.
    Yeah, I can understand how long it took. Thanks, though.

3 - You don't need to fight those blue darknuts -- you can just run past. You are right though. It at least seems... out-of-place. I'll take three down to read, probably leaving the one closest to the entrance blue?
    I just remembered something. When I killed all four blue darknuts, a chest appeared, and when I opened it, there was nothing inside. Was that intentional?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.68%

"Was that intentional?"
    I think it was. I wasn't too sure if I actually went through with that or not, so I didn't mention it in my last post.

So you haven't actually finished it yet? I thought you had... What's the current progress? I'll mention beforehand, I guess, that there's some things in the final act that I'm not particularly proud of. Odds are, you're going to come across them, and dislike them even more than I do. The "secret passage" mentioned by the moblin is probably the main one... If you hate it as much as I do..., well, I'll be easily convinced to change it.

Thread Information