0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.03%

[Winter 09] The Legend of Zelda: The Great Flood

Story
    Long ago, the inhabitants of Unda Urbs, an ancient city, were in for a big surprise.

It began as rain. Everyone hurries to their homes, unaware that the rain will never stop.

In their sleep, the level of the river roads rise. Those at the bottom level start drowning and screaming. They wake everyone else up. Most of those people get in to their boats. They travel up stream and head toward the various mountains. They alert all villages in their path. Alert them of the flood.

Now, those that survived have lived on the mountain tops. Which are now islands. Very few remember the night of the flood.

Spoiler: show

Link wakes up, and asks his mother for a boat. She tells him to ask Mr. Buchman, but he should find a sword first. He finds a sword, and asks Mr. Buchman for a boat. He tells Link that he can have it, but it needs a sail. Link finds a sail, and sails to Sapientia Island.

There he meets Vinco, a kid that looks like Link, but wears black. He asks Link what he wants, and Link says that he wants to stop the flood. Vinco tells link that the flood already came, and then realises that Link is the legendary one. He tells Link to find all of the lost pieces of the Time Token, and come back to Sapienta. There is one on Sapienta, one on Vox, one on Virus, and one on Vicius.

Link goes all the way thourgh Mediocris Temple and when he gets out, the land of Sapienta Island has dark clouds all over it. Link dicovers a Pirate ship and gets in it. The captian gives Link the ride he wants, but there is something he must do in return...

Screenshots

Links
    [Website] | [Download Beta 1]

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.78%

Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Great Flood

very funky/weird tileset....interestng story....overall looks somewhat promising

a.k.a. Zephlon Arphanosh Mega Link's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.03%

I'm glad you like it. How do you think it could be improved?

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.68%

What I played of the demo was great. Very nice tricks with the grass. I got stuck on the 2nd floor of the first dungeon. After getting the key from the bottom room and using it on the left door I couldn't go any further. I stepped on the star tile and then some blocks came up and blocked my way. I tried to push all the blocks around but nothing moved. I was never able to get to the treasure box or to to the upper wall to bomb it.
    BTW I did die once on the first floor and using the continue left me in an upper wall unable to go anywhere. What was I missing in that 2nd floor room to get further in the dungeon?

a.k.a. Zephlon Arphanosh Mega Link's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.03%

When you step on the star, some blocks go down, and some go up. Also, the yellow box turns into a treasure chest when you step on the star.

Btw, I didn't set any warp in the Triforce room in the demo, so that's where it ends. The boss of that dungeon is my attempt at making a custom boss.

Thread Information