User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1/2 Magic Upgrade Item?

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Yeah @ZoriaRPG reported it, I confirmed it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    HA! By sheer coincidence I actually did this a while ago with Zelda 4. The only problem is that giving yourself the item via cheat menu won't do shit, but for that, they can give themselves 1/2 magic anyway.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    Hmmm. Has someone tested fraction with that? Is it confirmed to be truncated?

Aye, it's on the heap of things that I'd like to change at some point, to allow different magic usage rates.

Usage:

Game->Generic[GEN_MAGICDRAINRATE] = value;

You can change the value by script, at any time. The 1/2 magic upgrade, does that, but you can reverse it, or change it as needed, albeit with somewhat restricted options.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%
    So the other question is with that script will it trigger the appearance of the 1/2 magic symbol or is that another function?
    Lost my wings and grew 8 tentacles... I've seen enough Hentai to know where this is going....

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    Aye, it's on the heap of things that I'd like to change at some point, to allow different magic usage rates.
    I assume you can already. If you take "1/2 Magic" as the minimum rate you can set up your drain rate to just begin at a higher drain rate and change actual usage through the editor, if needed. Say you start the drain rate value at 8. Then it could be varied starting at 4x, to 3x, to 2x, to 1x, to 1/2x.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouche Vi Britannia View Post
    So the other question is with that script will it trigger the appearance of the 1/2 magic symbol or is that another function?
    The half magic icon is a subscreen element and I am not sure how it is triggered but I know how to fake it if you can't figure it out.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouche Vi Britannia View Post
    Yes, it shows up.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    I assume you can already. If you take "1/2 Magic" as the minimum rate you can set up your drain rate to just begin at a higher drain rate and change actual usage through the editor, if needed. Say you start the drain rate value at 8. Then it could be varied starting at 4x, to 3x, to 2x, to 1x, to 1/2x.

The half magic icon is a subscreen element and I am not sure how it is triggered but I know how to fake it if you can't figure it out.
    It's not even something that matters for my use, as I usually set MP cost by script, and parse all those costs through a filter function.

I just want to fix it, so that people can use the (item) editor without needing to muck about too much, by converting the values of that array to floats on the ZQ side. That'll allow decimal values, like 0.5, or .025, for multipliers of editor-abased magic costs. That shouldn't be too hard to change, on the source side, or so I hope. Of course, changing the quest format to reflect the additions that are on my list, and the expanded bytecode, is another matter. (It's pretty bleah.)

Thread Information