3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Let's explore the Forest Abbey!

Getting the map requires the actual tool you get from the dungeon, not the toy version of the one you have. (Which really shouldn't get replaced - Its alternate use is quite unique.) and extremely good timing with it. A mad dash, if you would. And even then, you'll have to bring the map to you with it.

Remember to look behind trees for walkable spaces. Go behind everything

Now, which miniboss was it that was a "puzzle" exactly? The only boss I fought was the vine/blue-spider miniboss, and that was nothing but a fight.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

If you sequence-break using the Feather or Flippers or mumble, then you skip it entirely.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.16%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I feel proud to have solved all of those puzzles without any help. They were quite challenging. I had no feathers no flippers for the entire duration of the thing. Then again, I never did the block puzzle near the two dark rooms either. They were just four nondescript pushblocks with no seeming clue nor a need for a clue. The boss was able to be reached regardless.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    They were just four nondescript pushblocks with no seeming clue nor a need for a clue. The boss was able to be reached regardless.
    And I'd like to congratulate your resourcefulness! Well played.

To celebrate, I've replaced a certain tree with an equal-sized rock, and added a Piece of Heart nearby. Now go back and do it properly! : )

(In truth, while I've built in a few intended shortcuts, such as in 9:64, that particular one you just discovered messes up some cutscenes in another room. This is the way it is!)

(Also, there is indeed a way to finish without solving those pushblocks, but I assume you didn't use that method because of your apparant unintended avoidance of a certain miniboss. That method involves mumble, which I'm hoping most people have forgotten about.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.8%

I passed it. That was really hard. I think it is great, but wow, the diffculty level is really high. I am still kinda not liking the save thing. Because when you die, and you didn't save in a long time. You lose everything. That really sucks.

Anyways, some good puzzles. One thing though, the spider web puzzle. I noticed in this beta: If you are against a block, you can hookshot over it even if it isn't a hookshotover combo. In fact, I got the Map because I just shot over the block. O_o

As for the web puzzle... I hookshoted over it (you can do that if you shot it towards the right. Then I got stuck in the web and did the candle to get out. I know I did the puzzle wrong. What was the way to pass that? Anyways, just wanted point out that the hookshot may be having some troubles. Because you can hookover over things you aren't supposed to. That's not good!

Anyways, great job _L_. You are really talented. I may steal your assistance to help with EotM. Or not, just asking. /me runs

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Shoelace View Post
    I passed it. That was really hard. I think it is great, but wow, the diffculty level is really high. I am still kinda not liking the save thing. Because when you die, and you didn't save in a long time. You lose everything. That really sucks.
    I tried to be a bit even-handed by upping the effectiveness of Heart Ring 1. And giving 5 initial hearts instead of 3. But I guess those Goriyas can wear you down!

If you are against a block, you can hookshot over it even if it isn't a hookshotover combo. In fact, I got the Map because I just shot over the block. O_o
    That will need some examining!
    As for the web puzzle... I hookshoted over it (you can do that if you shot it towards the right. Then I got stuck in the web and did the candle to get out. I know I did the puzzle wrong. What was the way to pass that?
    What makes you think it was the wrong solution?

P.S: How on Earth can you steal someone's assistance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    72.85%

Wait a second. What build is this for?
    Play Super Link Bros. today! It's my second Zelda quest, it runs on build 816.

The Random Ninsanity Roleplaying Network
    A roleplaying website run my me, Alestance, The Satellite, and Russadwan. Invent a character and join today!

Octorok
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.14%

I completed it yesterday morning, and I really enjoyed the "color key" puzzle. I went on ZQuest, and do my eyes decieve me, or did I just see

Spoiler: show
    Parapa Palace?

Sillycat2: I think it works on any build later then 864, any earlier build (or 864 itself) will crash ZC.

EDIT: Got bugs?

First, the Switch Hook option of the Hookshot often flies off in a random direction if used. No, I mean the chain literally flies off and breaks when switching with a monster occasionally. Not only that, but you're left frozen in place with an invisible Hookshot, after which you *groan* have to restart or *bigger groan* cheat.

Second, by holding up at the web after using the hookshot, you can get out of it. May or may not be a bug.

I'll find more as I go on.

Click here to level up my card, or be sacrificed... ^_^

Want to see Shattered Earth, AGN's RPG, back? Got a computer that is capable of running a server? PM me!

Lynel
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.83%

Quote Originally Posted by _L_ View Post
    If you played the original Shoelace version of this room... well, the solution's about the same.
    But if not, think of an answer to this: why would you want to push it into that hole?
    Well, I tried that. Correct me if I'm wrong, this solution doesn't work:

Spoiler: show
    push the right statue into the hole above the left statue, and then run around the left statue X times. I forget what X is, but I tried it FOR X < 30. In both directions.

However, I forgot to list good points in my previous post.

- I like the statue + hole = no hole thing. Bonus points for making the holed statue go "buh? Where am I?"

- I like the web! Seriously! I haven't figured out how to get stuck in it yet, but I'll work on that next

- Also, clever use of Screen->Line for the fishing rod too.

I really need to look at these scripts to see what I can steal be inspired by!

Edit: BUG! The save screen in the forest doesn't have the green square set! I appeared in the top-left corner, and can't continue (until I fix the quest file manually!)

Edit 2: I take that back. While the green square isn't set, the save feature works on Blue Square A. Is that right? I would have thought that the green square would be used...

Edit 3: DURRR. I figured out the eyeball statue puzzle. *is embarrassed*
    Tale of the Cave - a web comic - Updates Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    ZC Tutorials - Tutorials and Script Library - Updated July 30, 2008
    ZeldaGuard - Corruption in my save files? It's more likely than you think!
    I do script requests!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.8%

I tried to be a bit even-handed by upping the effectiveness of Heart Ring 1. And giving 5 initial hearts instead of 3. But I guess those Goriyas can wear you down!
    Actually it is more the mini bosses that killed me. I didn't know there was a save to the right at the first one, and I died because I didn't know what to do. And also I died like 4 times at the mini boss of the vines and spider craziness. lol. I think I just suck but still, losing everything if didn't save is sad. I was never a fan of the No Continue thing when ST put it in. I think I argued and debated with him a lot when I first made that level because I would die in my own level, especially at the miniboss he put in The Leever 3. But in my demo I turned continue on, but it was later added back but oh well. lol.

Also, thanks for keeping most of my design and puzzles in the level. It is funny because you switched a lot of the rooms places. The 2nd floor is now the B1! lol, I guess that works good. One thing that I didn't like about my level in the first place was I was told to make it like Revenge II and a map that LTM made. But that wasn't my style but I tried it anyways. But I didn't think I did it good. I added puzzles because that is what I liked so I tried to have a mixture of Revenge II, the map, and my puzzles. In my opinion it wasn't a good balance. However in this new designed level, I don't see that much of the flow of Revenge II. Which is good because that is what I didn't like about it in the first place.

P.S: How on Earth can you steal someone's assistance?
    It is called Brain WASH! But really, I thank you for making the scripts available. Because that is the one thing that my game needs, but I am still learning the scripting... Because I good with making balance between gameplay and things in that nature, but making the scripts... not really. But if I have the scripts, I can come up with lots of puzzles and ways of using them to its fullest. And now all I need to do it just learn from the scripts how they are made so that I can make mini bosses and bosses. But if I can't, I will Brain WASH someone! j/k

Thread Information