0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.52%

Re: Large Mode: the official topic

Silly stuff:
    I'm not complaining too much about large mode... other then it being too small. (Really I could fit 4 windowed large modes on my display without an overlap)

Seriously:
    I can understand some of the complaints. Combining The favorites and command panel into one does make sense. Its rare to need to switch between them so often that is too much trouble. A nice big mini map seems like it would be essential in the next version, considering some of the features y'all have slated in the distant future.
    I more or less concur with mighty darknut's diagram. And Screen notes are a great idea for one of the main panel features.
    Tile Contest #14 Winner

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.12%

Do realize that we can rewrite the underlying ZQ GUI structure to accomadate more flexible functionality if it's wanted, just know that any attempts to do so would only lead to more development time and inevitably more bugs. 2.5 is overdue as-is, so try to keep your suggestions realistic. We'll have plenty of time for complete structure rewrites once 2.5 is out the door.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.93%

In that case, large mode's good enough for now. 2.5 first, large mode later.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.8%

Quote Originally Posted by russadwan View Post
    In that case, large mode's good enough for now. 2.5 first, large mode later.
    That's what I was thinking. D;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.3%

Five simple, quick changes:
    -Expand the menu bar.
    -Page icons to text (thereby shorter, giving more room for the menu bar)
    -Move the map tabs to above the map. (open to discussion)
    -The tab key (and shift+tab too) should cycle through the layers.
    -Shrink the favorites panel and expand the commands panel. You don't need that many favorites and it'd be nice to have more commands. Maybe even push up the favs a bit and push the commands over.
    Avatar: Just who the SPAAAACE do you think I am?

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Nation View Post
    Suggestions are good. Keep them coming. But it's a lot easier to see what someone is talking about if they create a mockup for their vision.
    BAM!

So, lemme explain this. It is kinda crappy, but it gets the point across.

1. Move lower menu bar for larger map.
    2. Smaller "Command" bar for moved window tabs.
    3. "Jump to_" is something I'd love to see. It is kind of like a "bookmark". You register a combo, and can jump to it on the combo list. This would be great for getting from 'dungeon' to 'floor border' without gratuitous amounts of scrolling etc. I hope that makes sense. I doubt it would be too hard to implement. It could use a modded favorite code?
    4. Display Settings? This is for the kind of stuff Linkus mentioned. It would probably require a lot of work, but customizing windows, and such would be awesome, and eliminate everything else I said >.>
    5. An option to remove/ extend certain things. I'd like to remove the screen borders sometimes. It can get confusing.
    6. EDIT: A 'true' mini-map?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.06%

If you simply increased the reolution of Large mode, you can have a much improved version of the current layout without it looking so clunky :/ and you can even fit a larger minimap in
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.06%

Minor changes, just resized some borders, the minimap, main buttons and renamed the Etc. menu option... I would do more but the image provided uses layers or something and fucks up in mspaint when ever I try moving something :/ had to redraw the writing next to the minimap after moving it across, hell I couldn't move the text that far across because it gets covered by some gray on a higher layer or something fucked o_O

Provide a single layer image of the ZQUEST GUI and I'll make a better mockup.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.66%

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias_Daboi View Post
    [*]"Jump to_" is something I'd love to see. It is kind of like a "bookmark". You register a combo, and can jump to it on the combo list. This would be great for getting from 'dungeon' to 'floor border' without gratuitous amounts of scrolling etc. I hope that makes sense. I doubt it would be too hard to implement. It could use a modded favorite code?
    But I already added this in build 809!
    * Now, right-clicking on a combo in the Favorites palette gives you the menu option of scrolling to the combo instead of just editing it. ( _L_, 2008-06-04 07:50:14 )

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.57%

Okay, since I really really really really want 2.5 to finish soon because I am pulling out my hair; I will offer some Shoelace suggestions! Dun Dun Dun!

* Screen Tabs
    Screen tabs are great. No problem with that.

* Layers Bar
    Layer's Bar is cool. One thing though is: wouldn't it be cool to automatically be taken to the layer screen you want to edit? Say for example, the layer 2, you want to edit it. So you click on Layer 2 go to, and it goes to that screen. Since there isn't that much room, I say a hot key could be good for that. For example, if you right click it goes, or maybe if you click while holding the ctrl. Just a thought. Just saying. If not, whatever.

* Combo Selectors
    The main problem with this is that everything is SO SMALL. Seriously, when I am trying to make something like for example a certain combo cycle, the tiles look alike, so I don't know what I am clicking on because it is SO SMALL. Sometimes, there is a small detail on the tile that I have to go face to face with the screen just to see.

Solution: Make it two instead of three!!!! Or better yet: Have an option on the side of the current tile, that says: 1, 2, or 3. When it is clicked on 1. It only shows one! And if you really want on the top there can be left and right arrows to toggle through the combo selectors. When clicked 2, it shows 2. When clicked 3, it shows as displayed. I think this would be way better and we satisfy everyone.

* Main Panel
    It is just two small. Especially for the all important mini map. Those toggle buttons on the bottom, need to be smaller. And then this needs to be stretched or at least redesigned for the mini map. My Solution is explained in the next part:

* Commands/Favorites
    My suggestion is for both of them. The Main panel uses a toggle system to go through things. Why not use the same thing for the Commands and Favorites. Have an arrow button or tab that makes it toggle through the two: Commands and Favorites. It is still really easy to do and it saves A LOT of Room. They are pretty much the same size and it is in a perfect place, the lower right. Plus, the Main Panel can now be stretched to fit the bottom and be a lot bigger. <3

*Also
    OMG, PLEASE extend the tile pages.... It is just impossible to edit things. That is my biggest hurdle with Large Mode. The Tile Page, and the Combo Pages are just UNBELIEVABLY SMALL. I just can't work with it. I tried and I can't. So that is why I am still in small mode. But once you fix that, I will move. But OMG, it is so small. >_<

That is all. XD

Thread Information