Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.69%

Re: Ballad of a Bloodline Help

I think I found a bug. In the inverted world, in Beamos Baracks. direct north on Level 2 area with the fans. Right after the fan section, there is a transition room with the two big ropes and 4 gold statues, where there is a gate blocking the door. I can't get the gate open and there are no monsters in the room. I have one reg key left and the boss key. Then I discovered there are some monster stuck in the wall (about 9, three different areas). They materialize one at a time. I kill one, exit, re-enter, kill another, exit, etc (kill total of 4 trapped monsters bottom wall, 4 trapped monsters left wall, 1 trapped monster top wall, if I remember correctly). I don't know if this is a bug and the room is suppose to be filled with monsters. And the monsters can't be reached by sword - I have to use bow & arrow.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

This isn't bug, you need to kill the monsters in the wall. And of course you need to use bow&arrow! You just got an arrow, use it, Sir!
    Also, you can kill all of them in one go, just keep shooting at all wall parts. There's 10 enemy of them. Kill all wall crawlers and the gate opens. :)

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.69%

Geeez, that took me forever to figure out . I found these secret dungeons in the level 2 and level 3 in this inverted world. Was there also one in Level 1? If so, where should I look?

Level 4 is really cool. I like the tree which you can't escape from

-Z-

well... I'd love to get to playing this quest, I just have a slight problem... for some reason, it keeps making ZC 2.10.0 crash with an access violation(according to the visual C++ debugger) before the intro text is done. at best, I get to the line about "children leaving for" and that's it, *boom*.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.69%

Bummer dude. I can only tell you I am running Windows XP SP2 on my laptop and it works fine. Perhaps you have an earlier version of Windows and 2.10 doesn't work?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

KevinPulsar:
    Yes, all IW main dungeons have a subdungeon. In the first one, look at the southeast area of the center big room and use the item you got in that dungeon. There should be something that wasn't in any other part of the dungeon. It took hours for my sister to figure out...

-Z- and KevinPulsar
    Well, 2.10 was made for W-98 or W-ME, it's just an extra that it works with XP SP2, too. I rather suspect that you have Vista, 2.10 works badly with that. I knew just one other person who had this "crash while intro" problem. I haven't heard from him for a long ago, but maybe try reinstalling 2.10.0. I also heard that BB doesn't work with Linux, but this isn't confirmed. If you really can't play BB as you should, then download 2.5b887, I heard it runs BB almost as well as 2.10.0.

-Z-

wrong and wrong. running XP Professional service pack 2, build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.0702272254.

and as it is, I've already got two version of ZC installed, I don't feel a desire to install another, especially one that's being used for only one quest. brainstorms people, brainstorms. before I give up on what looks to be an interesting quest. *sweat*

maybe you could PM me an intro-less version? or does it establish anything that the quest database entry and readme stuff doesn't? I don't mean to make ye more work, but...

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.69%

Dude, thanks a lot! I still can't believe I have 21 hearts (+ some container fillings) and have only completed IW L4 and gotten the Four Swords :)

I feel heart container greedy now!!! How do you get that container in Dead End (Caves) that is surrounded by a black chasm and sits on a little platform? This is on the left most side, a couple screens below Mr. Skeleton...

Also, I was really wondering. Before I came to IW, there was one area I couldn't get into in the Light World. There was a mohawk guy w/ a spear guarding a pass on the right of Lake Hylia. with a grayed out area behind him on the map. Was there a way to get in there? ( I saved a copy of the game at that juncture in case I wanted to go back and explore for any missing secrets).

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

KevinPulsar:
    That HCP on the platform? You need to fall from above. From the continue point (far north) of Mt.Dead End, go south til you can, the west til you can and there you see a dark stone that you can push now that you have Goron mask.
    That area to the left of Lake Hylia is Gerudo Desert. But you can't access it. I ran out of secrets and story elements, I couldn't put anything important there and I didn't want an useless area, so I simply sealed it. Same reasons for you can't enter it in IW. But you will be able to enter it in BB's sequel which is already in production and even has a demo at PureZC. (title of sequel is Seasoned Blood, but the intro contains spoilers about BB, like what happens with Vaati)
    Anyway, it was wise from you to save a copy of the part before IW.

-Z-
    Well, I want everybody to be able to play BB. Making an edited version isn't an impossible effort, but if it crashes for you at the intro without any good reason, maybe it would crash right after that, too... and then I could keep making the edited versions for you, cutting out crash parts one by one. You know what? I'd even do that, but maybe a simple update (that doesn't remove the intro) would help. There already was many bugs found since last update and yesterday a very serious one was found, so I probably send in an update to the PureZC database. As soon as it arrives (can be a hour, can be two weeks), I ask an AGN database manager to update this database with the new file, too.
    I blame the fact that 2.10 keeps working bad for certain people... one can't run it in windowed mode, other can't run it in full screen, other can't play a certain quest... As I see, the bigger the filesize of a quest, the more people can't play it normally.
    So, update is in works. I want YOU to join the Hungarian army play BB!

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.69%

I am back again :)

I beat Glacier Grotto, and have all three masks. But there is an area left in the Groto I can't figure out:

There is a room surrounded by 4 walls I can't get into on B1 Glacier Groto on the East side. What gives? On the map, it looks like there is a passage in the room with the big skull and spiked ice walks...

I also would like to complain!! I have collected painstakingly 24 hearts and finally got a enough heart containers for an upgrade! And what happens, there isn't any 25th I just get a little life restored.

Thread Information