User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What Zelda games are your favorite/least favorite?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.83%

Re: What Zelda games are your favorite/least favorite?

You can beat AlttP in under 5 minutes without going through any dungeons.

I always had trouble with AlttP's Helmasaur King for some reason, if I fight him as soon as I can. I'd just get the Hammer in the Dark Palace, leave, go beat Thief's Hideout, then get the tempered sword and kick his ass.

There are too many Zeldas I like for me to just pick one, so lemme tell you the ones I didn't like:

Minish Cap - Really boring. Really easy. Really lame. Like Twilight Princess, it's still a good game. I guess I just have higher expectations from the name "Zelda".

Twilight Princess - I don't think I can say anything I haven't already said about how much I despise this game.

Phantom Hourglass - Never before has a game made me seriously consider suicide.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.6%

1. AlttP.
    2. Ocarina of Time.
    3. Majora's Mask.
    4. Wind Waker.
    5. Twilight Princess.
    6. Minish Cap.
    7. Other Gameboy Games.
    8. Legend of Zelda.
    8. Zelda 2.

I fucking hate Phantom Hourglass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

I've never played Phantom Hourglass (don't own a DS). What about it sucks so bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.41%

Favorite would have to be Twilight Princess. It's the only Zelda game I've played where it's just plain fun to run around Hyrule and do stuff. Sniping those archers on top of the rocks above Lake Hylia from across the gap is especially fun. Trying to get the Chus to spawn a yellow and blue so I can get the elusive Green Chu/jelly. Or going into the Sacred Forest and fishing for hours on end. It's just a fun world to explore over and over. Sure it has it's flaws, but so does every other game

I love all the Zelda games, so coming up with a worst game is hard. But if I have to, I'd choose FSA. The whole Four Swords storyline there should have been kept as one single game, and not a series like it turned in to, but FSA was basically a gimmick. Sure it was fun, but I think you'd need four people to really enjoy it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.83%

Phantom Hourglass.

Gameplay: You know how boring Sailing was in Wind Waker? Well combine that with Twilight Princess's way-too-easy, dumbed down gameplay. There's also one big place called the "Temple of the Ocean King" that you have to go through in between each dungeon. Real exciting. 0/5

Graphics: Take Wind Waker's graphic style, but run it on a Sega Saturn. Yeah. I mean, I loved Wind Waker's art style, and I understand that the DS just isn't powerful enough to handle it fully. But come on! Why does it have to be so pixelated and ugly? Modifying the style a bit in order to better fit the hardware would have been perfectly acceptable, or just making a fucking 2D game! None of the game uses any 3D aspects. I loved Minish Cap's 2D art style, and the DS hardware could have easily handled it, and a well-improved version of it. There's no fucking excuse. It's just an insult. 0/5

Controls: Every last god damn action uses the touch screen. This doesn't sound so bad in theory, as it does allow you to do a few cool things like custom boomerang paths. Until you actually try it. I could rant on all day about how much it blows, but the main thing that got me is that in order to move around, part of your hand has to block part of the screen at almost any moment. 1/5 for originality.

Sound: The soundtrack here was even worse than Twilight Princess. You have one boring overworld theme that sounds like an annoying, high-pitched version of the WW Ocean theme, and a single dungeon/cave theme. The cave theme is a really high-pitched annoying version of the LttP Cave Theme with random notes thrown in everywhere that makes it sound like a cat coughing up a hairball. All of these songs also get really annoying really quick, as I don't think there's a single song on the whole thing that lasts longer than 10 seconds. I mean, the DS's sound hardware is capable of pumping out some impressive stuff. Why did we get stuck with this shit? There's no fucking excuse. Most NES games had better, more diverse soundtracks than this shit. 0/5

Plot: Plot? What plot? You get some bullshit about fairies and saving Tetra. I mean, what I liked about Tetra's character in WW was that she was a strong willed individual, but here they just turned her into some damsel in distress. I also find it insulting that they try to come up with plot twists that you need to play 15 minutes into the game before you see them all coming. The ending is also anti-climactic at best. I ALMOST want to say that PH made the CD-i's plots look like Shakespeare. 0/5

Final Score: 1/25. Nice fucking work Nintendo.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.85%

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I've never played Phantom Hourglass (don't own a DS). What about it sucks so bad?
    Upsides: Good plot. Fun controls. Main dungeon is fun and has a good idea. Has some really good songs thrown in there.

Downsides: One overworld song, one dungeon song, and most of the songs are repetitive. The sailing can get boring. And going through the main dungeon over and over can get boring after a while.

I actually like it. But I can see why most people don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Dr.Cortex

why does everyone think the sailing was boring in wind waker? I thought it was fun. maybe you have a short attention span.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.6%

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Why PH sucks so much ass:
    • The dialogue, and humor is aimed at 10-year-olds.
    • The game's dungeons are absurdly easy, and boring nonetheless.
    • The overworld theme really sucks. Seriously. In fact, it sucks so bad, I couldn't even find it on Youtube to show you.
    • The story is pushed, rushed, and uninspired.
    • The "Main dungeon" is very boring, and tedious the fifth time through, shortcuts or not.
    • The graphics are just plain bland, and terrible. They should have stayed 2D.
    • There are, like, two different enemies on the overworld.
    • This game is just too easy. It is not a Zelda game in my eyes.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.68%

Quote Originally Posted by *b* View Post
    I love all the Zelda games, so coming up with a worst game is hard. But if I have to, I'd choose FSA. The whole Four Swords storyline there should have been kept as one single game, and not a series like it turned in to, but FSA was basically a gimmick. Sure it was fun, but I think you'd need four people to really enjoy it
    You think FSA is worse than FS? Or were you not counting the original Four Swords? I thought FSA was a billion times better than FS. I'm actually a big fan of FSA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.83%

One thing I forgot to mention about PH: All the dungeons in the game use the cave BGM! So that hairball noise? You'd better get used to it. I just muted my DS for most of the game.

The dungeons are also all extremely short. You can finish all of them within 5 minutes. I mean, you'd expect that from a tutorial dungeon or something, but every last fucking dungeon takes no more than 10-15 minutes to get through on your first try, including the Temple of the Ocean King (which is by far the largest dungeon in the game, with 20 floors), and that dungeon is even more ironic since you get to have a timer to remind you of how quickly you can get through it.

Thread Information