Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.3%

Re: Get out the lube...

You know what - I'm gonna go against the the grain and say I want to see something like Wind Waker. There, I've said it. I frickin' loved that game. I mean, okay, sailing got really boring, really fast, and it was over-the-top ridiculously easy, but come on - it was a new direction, a new idea, and I loved the art style (yes, it was cartoonish, but it was really well-done). I want to see something like that - I'm not saying a(nother) sequel, but another game that goes off in a different direction, and radically changes the setting.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.89%

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    You know what - I'm gonna go against the the grain and say I want to see something like Wind Waker.

I want to see something like that - I'm not saying a(nother) sequel, but another game that goes off in a different direction, and radically changes the setting.
    /me hops into the bunker along with Rock Nog.

I'm in support of this too. The Zelda formula is fine. The setting and story need a new direction, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.13%

I dunno, maybe it's because my first Zelda games were the GBC ones, and I started the series with the slightly cartoony games, but I really loved, I mean, loved TP's art style. I would love nothing more than to see a game designed in the same style as TP, but with this-gen graphics.

Storyline needs work though. MM had the originality, and TP started down the path of production values(with some of the gorgeous cutscenes), but I do want a really deep, new, moving plotline.

In contrast, PH is my least favorite, and I almost regret buying it, because it was short, and above that really frickin easy.
    Seasons and Ages had massive dungeons spanning 4, 5, 6 floors filled with tough enemies and puzzles, that occupied me for a couple dozen hours the first time through. I miss being able to sink that amount of time into a game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.66%

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    You know what - I'm gonna go against the the grain and say I want to see something like Wind Waker. There, I've said it. I frickin' loved that game. I mean, okay, sailing got really boring, really fast, and it was over-the-top ridiculously easy, but come on - it was a new direction, a new idea, and I loved the art style (yes, it was cartoonish, but it was really well-done). I want to see something like that - I'm not saying a(nother) sequel, but another game that goes off in a different direction, and radically changes the setting.
    I don't think you're going against the grain with that statement. WW was enjoyable, and the dungeons it did have were well done (I think the Earth Temple is my favorite 3d Zelda dungeon to date - though the desert temple from OOT would be a close second). WW with 8-9 dungeons would have been nearly as good as OOT in my opinion.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.92%

Quote Originally Posted by Cloral View Post
    ... WW with 8-9 dungeons would have been nearly as good as OOT in my opinion.
    If the Wind Waker had a decent amount of dungeons, it would have stomped OoT into the ground.

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.89%

@Amaster: I loved Seasons and Ages a lot too! Being able to link up both games and progress more through them was freakin awesome.

Although in my mind...It was always Seasons first, THEN ages. Ages just seemed to fit better as the second half. (It also helped that Seasons had more action, and ages had much harder puzzles).

Also, gotta love those subrosians! XD
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.92%

I love Oracle of Seasons, but I find Ages to be frustrating at times. I do praise OoA, however, for being the most challanging Zelda game while still being fun overall. (Zelda II is more challanging, but it's not the least bit fun.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.99%

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_darknut View Post
    If the Wind Waker had a decent amount of dungeons and greater difficulty, it would have stomped OoT into the ground.
    Improved.
    All men are mortal.
    Socrates is a man.
    Therefore, all men are Socrates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    48.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Aegix Drakan View Post
    Hell, I was expecting 3! ...but no, I got nailed with an impressive looking attack and walked away with only half a heart less.
    Aaah yes, the good old times when losing 3 hearts was a possibility in Zelda. I remember in LttP when I first went to the dark world and got my ass whooped by those pesky cyclops.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.13%

WW is boring after your first trip under sea, after that trip the dungeon design becomes freakishly straight forward or extremely long/boring. Sailing to get 8 triforce maps then sailing to get the 8 pieces? fuck you! that has to be the most boring part of any zelda game ever made! also in WW you can counter every enemies attacks, counters result in 99% of the time you taking no damage while damaging the enemy and every single attack even from Ganon deals at most, 1 single heart and he is extremely easy to beat once you know how to beat him.

I have not played anything newer then WW so I cant say how much worse it has gotten, all I can say is that MM and OoT are good examples of the game done in 3D and Oracle of times/ages is an excellent example of 2d gameplay.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Thread Information