Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%

Re: Get out the lube...

For the record WW is one of my favorites. It is an an example of good variation, along with Majora's Mask. Both were different, but kept it Zelda. Twilight Princess, while I'll admit had some good moments, and was an enjoyable game, I just don't think it was everything Zelda should be. You have to look at it, and think... if only they had done this. Dungeons are the weakest point. The most difficult dungeon, I think was the Lakebed Temple. I liked the Temple of Time though, even though it was straightforward.

Now, 1:1 sword fighting would probably be done to death, annoying and cumbersome, and the game would still be easy as shit. Not much faith, but look at the reality of it: We were all so excited when we heard TP was going to use the Wiimote... We thought we'd have this from the start. No, we got an arbitrarily move performed by jerking the controller. It was really worth pushing the game back another nine months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.12%

WW was a great game, it just needed a few things:

1. Sailing gets boring, fast. You can warp around, yes, but a lot of people never figured out that you actually can do that and you still have to spend way too long just doing fucking nothing. Fix it.

2. Too easy. Include a "Veteran" mode or something, even if it's like Metroid Prime where you have to beat the game on Normal first to unlock the harder mode.

3. Too short. Those rumored temples (Jungle and Ocean) being added to the sage quest would have been perfect. I mean, that just bewilders me. The entire game is in an ocean and you don't even make a fucking Ocean Temple!? Tower of the Gods doesn't count, btw... Also, having a dungeon to go through after you blow up the door to see Jabu would have been fine. I was disappointed about that, I was expecting a bossfight or something to get the last pearl, but no! He just gives it to you...

Other than that, WW was amazing. People baaaaw over the cartoony graphics, but I loved the style, and PH made me want to cut myself.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%

Quote Originally Posted by Revfan9 View Post
    WW was a great game, it just needed a few things:

1. Sailing gets boring, fast. You can warp around, yes, but a lot of people never figured out that you actually can do that and you still have to spend way too long just doing fucking nothing. Fix it.

2. Too easy. Include a "Veteran" mode or something, even if it's like Metroid Prime where you have to beat the game on Normal first to unlock the harder mode.

3. Too short. Those rumored temples (Jungle and Ocean) being added to the sage quest would have been perfect. I mean, that just bewilders me. The entire game is in an ocean and you don't even make a fucking Ocean Temple!? Tower of the Gods doesn't count, btw... Also, having a dungeon to go through after you blow up the door to see Jabu would have been fine. I was disappointed about that, I was expecting a bossfight or something to get the last pearl, but no! He just gives it to you...

Other than that, WW was amazing. People baaaaw over the cartoony graphics, but I loved the style, and PH made me want to cut myself.
    I agree with you, mostly. Sailing, however, didn't really bother me. Honestly, I thought it was more trouble changing the wind's direction then actually sailing.

Also, what is this "sage" quest you speak of? Is it real? Does it add anything at all? And yeah, Tower of the Gods hardly counts as a dungeon. Yes. I was also disappointed by Jabun just giving you the pearl. I also loved the graphics. Relatively speaking, it looks better than TP. Sure you have a few low-res textures, but TP uses muddy textures, and an awkward lighting system to perpetuate 'realism' and, though I do like the lighting, it looks weird. Character models however, are very well done. It sometimes looks odd seeing such well done models in such a low.. valued area.

Aaaaand Phantom Hourglass. Save for a few items, the graphics sucked. Talk about blocky. I see ZC newbies make better screens than Nintendo did there. Every time Link holds up an item, I wanted to puke. He is so poorly shaded, it looks terrible. Ick.

On the subject of graphics, if they do go with realism in the new Zelda, hopefully it'll be better since it is built from top to bottom on Wii.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.13%

one thing I hate a lot in WW is how every fucking time you play a song, you have to listen to it again! before it does anything. (granted this applies to pretty much every 3d iteration of zelda)
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%

See, I really wish there was some way to play Wind's Requiem, and have it open some other thing allowing to to change the wind on the fly. That would have been sweet, and much quicker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.65%

No what would have been really kewl, is if the bird people somehow gave you some wings or SOMETHING, and when you played a certain song it blew the wind hard enough for you to fly instead of sailing.
    Live forever or die trying.
    Don't ruin good things with good things.
    Scars > Tatoos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.38%

You'd be even more bored while flying. At least there are monster encounters of various sorts while sailing. The only hazard to you while flying would be those damn cyclones. Oh well. By the way...

Quote Originally Posted by aces2022
    But how do you get bigger than having moon from falling on Hyrule and destroying the planet but then getting four giants to push it back into orbit?
    Majora's Mask doesn't take place in Hyrule. MM takes place in a parallel world known as Termina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.6%

Heaven forbid they try something unique in the hopes that people will enjoy it. Man, they should just give LoZ the MegaMan treatment and just change the color palette and sprites from time to time.

WW's combat system was the best they've made so far, and it's graphical presentation was superb. Scenes like the visit to Hyrule Castle are probably among the most dramatic and effective scenes I've seen in my gaming career.

Twilight Princess had the best graphical presentation and general plot ideas of the entire series so far. It was darker than Majora's Mask, the graphical presentation was very consistent, and more so than ever Hyrule felt like a real place with real people. The lack of voices was a major problem, and overall I feel like the games audio was really weak.

Phantom hourglass was fun. Lots of fun. It didn't feel like a Zelda game and it was very easy, but it was fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    You'd be even more bored while flying. At least there are monster encounters of various sorts while sailing. The only hazard to you while flying would be those damn cyclones. Oh well. By the way...

Majora's Mask doesn't take place in Hyrule. MM takes place in a parallel world known as Termina.
    Well for the flying I'm just trying to say it would be a heck of alot faster and you wouldn't really think about random encounters so much. There could be flying fish but I geuss we all know where the idea would look like it came from. You could get swallowed up by a giant whale ..... no that's already been done.
    Either way thanks for the info bout Termina.
    Live forever or die trying.
    Don't ruin good things with good things.
    Scars > Tatoos

Thread Information