3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Best Zelda II hack ever?

The Candle is in the first temple. Go about ... southeast from Zelda's Palace, I guess through some mountainous-embedded woods and into a cave. Yes, you'll have to stumble through it in the dark. Then you'll have to beat Horse-Head twice. The second time, the candle is immediately afterward. Use the key he drops on the door to his right, not on the door on the floor beneath him.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.07%

I am aware, I was just being a bit sarcastic on what may lie beyond the door your not meant to go through yet
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Ah, no, sorry... heh, that was the result of me rolling out of bed, getting back into bed to use my Wii, and replying within about a minute of waking up. ... ... I have such terribly interesting priorities in the morning. O.o

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.84%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    Just got the Jump Spell and a Magic Container. All my stats are up to level 4, and I'm wandering around the western graveyard / forest caves with no luck whatsoever.

EDIT: This is the solution to the aforementioned mountain path secret. You'll be wandering around for hours unless you get creative and start bumping into things. :p
    Ah, now that is a curveball if ever I saw one. Knowing about that will save me a lot of pain. I have a hard enough time getting there with all three of my lives as it is, I'm wondering if I should have found the Book and/or the Certified Writ (which will get me the life magic, I believe) before trying to tangle up there. My stats are at 3 / 2 / 5, by the way.

Ice Penguin

Hello new board. :)

You can get the Life spell without the writ. Just go through the southern part of Death Mountain area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.88%

Wow, Ice Penguin! Rad. I hope you stick around at least long enough for me to beat Journey of a Day. Not that I'll need to have my hand held the whole way, but here and there I think I'll need a little help.

(Great hack, btw.)
    All men are mortal.
    Socrates is a man.
    Therefore, all men are Socrates.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Penguin View Post
    Hello new board. :)

You can get the Life spell without the writ. Just go through the southern part of Death Mountain area.
    Whoa. I didn't expect to see you pop up here. This is.... a pleasant surprise.

I'm afraid I've had to resort to peeking at the crib sheet (the Item FAQ), but it's really helped me out in terms of knowing whether I'm supposed to be trying to get past a particular obstacle. I suspected I wasn't yet ready for the Red Alligator in that final cave in Death Mountain. Speaking of which, walking over mountains? Some of these puzzles are insane.... unless that woman in Ruto was supposed to say "Illusion in Graveyard," instead of Illusion in Swamp? That would have given me more of a chance.

You're right about one thing though, that Item FAQ does spoil a lot of the FrUstratioN. I'm glad you included it.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.2%

lol

SilverWizzrobe

Hi guys, has anyone gotten this key in the sand palace yet? Looks impossible to reach from the fall-apart ledge on the right. It occurred to me to look for another way to reach the key, but no success yet.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.84%

Heh, you actually don't get that key right now. There's a wicked trick here. That pit of lava under the key may look a little bit suspicious. Well, use Jump Magic and, from the lower floor, jump *over* the pit of lava right at the wall. You'll find that part of it is false wall. Go through the secret passage, and you'll find another key. It'll be a long time before you finally come back and get that first key.

Thread Information