Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.11%

Re: 'New' DS

Eh, I'll pick up one of the new DS's, but I'm also definitly keeping my old Lite, just in case. I'll use the two in tandem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Modus Ponens View Post
    I'll bet you can use the two cameras to produce stereoscopic video and images. Each camera sends to a different screen, and then you hold the unit sideways and cross your eyes so the two screens "line up", et violÃ*, 3-D imagery!
    One of the cameras is on the inside of the hinge and points back up at you. So if you cross your eyes, you might see your cross-eyed face on a horse's body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.3%

Im a PSP man myself...
    If you are caught by the gorillas, you must remember one thing.
    What's that?
    Never to speak!
    What the hell would I have to say to a gorilla?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Cloral View Post
    One of the cameras is on the inside of the hinge and points back up at you. So if you cross your eyes, you might see your cross-eyed face on a horse's body.
    Well, then, there you go. Son of a bitch, they really should have taken my idea.
    All men are mortal.
    Socrates is a man.
    Therefore, all men are Socrates.

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.88%

Ok, the camera bit is cool, seeing as how I don't have a camera always on me, and I don't have a cell phone.

But...meh, whatever. I just got my DS lite about a year ago, and I don't want to get a new one just as an update, or something. I'm happy with my lite at the moment.

And I agree with the Wii thing. Why is it taking them so long to figure all this stuff out? When they announced the 1:1 motion thing, I went "wait...so that was never IN the wii? I thought that was what it was SUPPOSED to be doing!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37%

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    About the Wii, they already announced that in Spring 09' a system update will allow storing things on the SD card to expand storage. Meaning that presumably WiiWare and Virtual Console downloads will be playable off the SD card.
    I called it

I don't think they've been specific about whether games will be able to be played right from the SD card, but if they cannot be played right from the card (as opposed to copied onto the internal memory first) then it's going to be for nothing.

As for the DSi - I like my DS phat. The DS Lite feels to fragile in my hands, and the DSi doesn't sound much different. The internal memory in the DSi to buy/download/play games sounds nice, but it's not a seller for me. The only thing I'd really like to see is WPA support. WEP is ancient and worthless. Still, I haven't played an DS Wifi games in over a year. I'm more excited for all the Wii games that have been announced. There are way too many I want to play. (but Mario and Luigi 3 will be sweet for DS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.11%

PIKMIN IS A PORT? AGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    *goes off and destroys Tokyo*

Well, having seen it, I'm rethinking it maybe. It's not as much of an upgrade as I'd like, seeing as most of the non-camera functions I already get with my M3 cart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Daputti View Post
    Your brains have an update rate of 0. Go search for "Wii holographic memory".
    Quote Originally Posted by First result on a Google search (Emphasis not in original)
    Although the application makes no reference to the Wii, or to a games console, Nintendo’s inclusion has been enough to spark speculation that holographic storage is being considered as a way to bring greater storage capacity to the console.

However, it’s also worth noting that holographic storage is still extremely expensive, in its current forms, and building it into the Wii will definitely push the console’s cost well beyond £180 (€230/$355).
    OH DEAR. I MISSED SOME FANBOY SPECULATION. I'M SUCH AN IDIOT. MY BAD.

So it's a mixed bag. I want one though. Why? Cause it will be hacked and you'll be able to play DS games off the built-in SD slot.
    You can do that now with a flash card. I'm not sure yet if that'll be easier/cheaper than whatever method people find to hack the new DS, though, so you might have an excellent point.

About the Wii, they already announced that in Spring 09' a system update will allow storing things on the SD card to expand storage. Meaning that presumably WiiWare and Virtual Console downloads will be playable off the SD card.
    Yes, this was referenced in the article, and the source of my comment about external hard drives. While certainly an improvement, it's not the same, and the delay until '09S is just frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    It's my one major complaint about the Wii - everything seems like it's a work in progress. They're just always adding new features and stuff that I can't comprehend why they weren't available from Day 1 - and hardware, too. Now we're finally getting voice chat, we're finally getting 1:1 motion sensing, etc., and all I can think is, what the hell took so long for you guys to figure this stuff out? And of course, don't forget things like Internet connectivity - you build a system capable of connecting to the Internet, so what was the hold up in actually making use of that capability?
    Actually, I can think of several acceptable reasons, like managing networks and servers and stuff. The 1:1 motion sensing is annoying, though, I also feel like that should have been in since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Modus Ponens View Post
    I'll bet you can use the two cameras to produce stereoscopic video and images. Each camera sends to a different screen, and then you hold the unit sideways and cross your eyes so the two screens "line up", et violÃ*, 3-D imagery!
    As Cloral said, that seems like it'd be kind of hard, since one camera is on the outside of the top cover, and the other is on the inside of it. Short of bending space/time, I don't see how you could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    They probably have been testing everything to the extreme to prevent their platform from becoming a pirates dream. The ability to use SD cards to store games could allow the Wii to play ROMs or homebrew games with a major glitch. That kind of hole could be disastrous for them.

That's my best guess as to why it's taking so long for them to allow SD card storage for wiiware and virtual console games.
    Considering how dead simple and relatively safe the Twilight Hack, which only requires the user to have what is easily one of the most popular games for the system, an internet connection, and an SD card is, I'm not entirely sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda64Gld View Post
    FUKC YUO GOAT FUCKRE!!!111

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.59%

I'm pretty underwhelmed. I fancy myself as a collector of Game Boys, so I will have to buy this, but in the end it's just a DS. I have no use for the camera. Mott and I were talking today and it seems to me that the clearest reason for this device is so that Nintendo can sell you GBA games without having to make carts or print boxes/manuals. Think about it; they phase out the GBA slot and quit supporting it; what's the story for how you'll play a GBA game in 3-5 years? My guess is you'll buy it from the Nintendo store and put it on your SD card.

It's corporate genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.38%

Did anyone see the video for the Wii and DS on Nintendo.co.jp?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/confer...v/wii.html?n10

I saw both teaser videos and I gotta say that I'm excited. From what I saw I can say that I'm going to definately be busy the rest of this year and 2009. I'm seeing more games coming up that are really able to take what made the SNES generation of games so great and put them into the Wii and especially the DS games.
    My Wii number:

2399 1339 8269 5334

Thread Information