Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.87%

Oblivion Again

So I'm playing Oblivion again. I played Morrowind a couple months ago, and didn't finish the main storyline, or even reached my goal of finishing House Telvanni for once. I bought a laptop that I didn't think would support Oblivion for my trip over here. I tried, just in case, before I left, and I couldn't get past the character creation menu. It ran so piss ass slow that I couldn't get anything done. Even under Ultra Low Quality settings. I installed XP a couple weeks ago and decided, what the hell, lets try again, and what do you know? Works great. Looks a little crappy, but its running under low quality and I wasn't even expecting that.

I'm really having fun playing this again, ESPECIALLY with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. It makes the game so much more challenging in a very good way. It also makes you feel much more excited when you find better armor. In Oblivion, without the mod, by the time you're level 15 or so, you start seeing bandits with glass armor on. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. Glass armor is supposed to be rare and powerful. With OOO, this doesn't happen, though the bandits wear leather and fur armor, they're still a bit of a challenge, even at level 15, which is where I'm at right now. Granted, I'm a light armor and stealthy hotty wood elf chick, so fighting up close really isnt' my thing, but I did something similar the last time I plyed through without it, and the glass armor wearing badits were blade and arrow fodder to me.

Yeah, Oblivion is 100 times better with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. If you played it once without it, its worth going back and playing it again with it.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.8%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Oblivion Again

I heard about Oblivion having a really screwed up level scaling system. It's sad that you need to play it on PC with mods to fix this and that it eliminates the Xbox 360 as an option. Still it's cool that someone made a mod to fix it. I'm looking out for Fallout 3 aka Oblivion with guns. Hopefully it will be enjoyable. I hear they improved the way level scaling works in that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.87%

I'm really really looking forward to Fallout 3 as well. I haven't played the original two, or Fallout Tactics, but my soldier is a Fallout nut and he's hooking me up with some copies of them. I'll be playing it on my PS3 when it comes out.

It IS a shame that mods aren't made available to the console versions of Oblivion or Morrowind. The players who play on XBOX and PS3 really get left out in the cold. Oblivion's level scaling did indeed suck ass, but I enjoyed it the first time through anyway, it just wasn't as replayable to me as Morrowind was. Its worth a look on your XBOX if you're willing to shell out the cash for it. I'm pretty sure you can get it cheap at a used game store these days, as long as its the original one and not the Game of the Year edition.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.72%

Just a quick question. In Morrowind(no mods) I found the landscapes were almost completely bare of anything to kill. The game had alot of potential in terms of "fun" but I just couldn't stomach the empty world. I've been thinking about getting Oblivion but I don't really want to if it's similar to Morrowind in this aspect. So my question is: Is there actually shit to kill outside of villages? I don't want to waste the money on a game that is identical to Morrowind in this way but with prettier graphics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.8%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I just realized, Fallout 3 comes out at the worst possible time. It comes out like a week before Gears of War 2. Such a terrible time to release a game in my opinion, atleast for me this is a death sentence for playing Fallout 3 till it's been out for some time. While I do want to play it, I'm not going to lie and say I will because I know 99% of my gaming time will be GoW 2. Such a shame, for some reason I was thinking there was like a month or so until GoW 2 between FO3's release.

Thread Information