Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.01%

custom Items & Triggers

Is it possible to have a custom item of an already-existing item class (example: a custom "sword" item) that triggers flags of its level but not lower-level items?

Perhaps the question may be confusing...here's some clarification...essentially I want to be able to have custom items, like an ice sword for example, that each trigger only one flag. The ice sword would use the 'sword' class and use level 2 (replace the white sword). However, I'm afraid that'll make it so that it could also trigger the "sword (any)"

If this isn't possible, which i'm assuming it's not, perhaps a check box in the item editor called "cannot trigger lower level flags"?
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.02%

Re: custom Items & Triggers

I believe this is only possible with scripting. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Lynel
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.66%

Re: custom Items & Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by idontknow View Post
    Is it possible to have a custom item of an already-existing item class (example: a custom "sword" item) that triggers flags of its level but not lower-level items?

Perhaps the question may be confusing...here's some clarification...essentially I want to be able to have custom items, like an ice sword for example, that each trigger only one flag. The ice sword would use the 'sword' class and use level 2 (replace the white sword). However, I'm afraid that'll make it so that it could also trigger the "sword (any)"

If this isn't possible, which i'm assuming it's not, perhaps a check box in the item editor called "cannot trigger lower level flags"?
    What flags do you intend to trigger? There aren't any Ice Sword flags, so you have to use generic flags. But, generic flags don't have any behaviour at all, let alone triggering on Level 5 swords.

The only way around this to get anywhere near what you want is to script the whole thing. You need the next unreleased build (as of writing), which includes swords and the like as l_weapons, so you can check their positioning on screen to manually trigger script flags.

At this point, I would usually supply code for doing this, but since the build is unreleased, I can't.
    Tale of the Cave - a web comic - Updates Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    ZC Tutorials - Tutorials and Script Library - Updated July 30, 2008
    ZeldaGuard - Corruption in my save files? It's more likely than you think!
    I do script requests!

Thread Information