Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.39%

Re: State of Zelda Classic 2.5

History repeats itself :p How many tens of times has a thread like this emerged? Not that it is without justification.

It sure is boring around here -_-

waiting for the new version

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

2.50 stability appears to have become a Sisyphean task, have caused me to completely neglect ZC lately.
    There are tons of Sisyphean tasks out there. Whenever I work on graphics for a quest, it becomes such a thing. I'm sure that writing that paper of yours can become such a thing as well. With intelligence like yours, "perfection" becomes a lot harder to reach, unfortunately. To a simpleton, perfection is easy. It must be made of matter, and must provide as a simulation of duct-tape.

So you're in New York City now? Where in, may I ask? There are a bunch of people here who would actually love to visit you. :) (I'm maybe 15 or so miles east of the city, though that's a highly estimated measurement.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.86%

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    It sure is boring around here -_-
    My boy, this peace is what... *gets pummeled by bricks*

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.58%

Quote Originally Posted by russadwan View Post
    While we are on the subject of ZC 2.5's release, I have a question. What about NeoFirst. I believe it was supposed to be packaged with ZC 2.5 as an example quest. However, 2.5's release is drawing near, and NeoFirst is nowhere near completion. Will a first quest remake be made for 2.5 or something like that?
    Well, NeoFirst is supposed to showcase the new things in 2.50, and it's, admittedly, a bit tricky to do so when 2.50 is technically not completed yet.

And furthermore, NeoFirst is, now at least, intended to showcase the new storytelling and gameplay potential of ZC as compared to First Quest. I intend it to be a full-fledged adventure of its own - not very long, but not too narrow.

Consider NeoFirst's completion a priority for 2.60.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.72%

I shall rename ZC 2.5 as Zelda Classic Forever!

And now that Peteo and Freedom are gone (too bad for the community), it is fun to see who will be the next Peteo/Freedom. I'm sure at some point someone will get fed up when they waste all their freetime for a program that is a piece of shit. :)

Oh and pikaguy900, I'm honestly fed up with ignorant comments like you're making. Freedom is the only reason there ever was hope for a stable ZC 2.5. He raised questions, he made things happen, he tested more than any of you slackers ever did, and now he's gone and that's a big effing loss to the community, get that? ZC community needs more Freedoms but none of you people seem to get it. "Freedom is bad, Freedom is shellfish, Freedom is annoying..." silly people, he had the interest of the whole community in his mind, not just his own. Where's the respect he deserves?

Whatever, you guys can keep dreaming of ZC 2.5. Maybe in 2 or 3 years I'll drop by to see what's going on and say to you all "what did I tell you, haha".
    --------------------
    "GET a stable version, THEN add more with the builds, DON'T just keep adding bloat to something that doesn't work already.
    Has common sense just left the building, or what?" -Freedom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.11%

Quote Originally Posted by pikaguy900 View Post
    _L_: Consider it "unnanounced retirement" if you want, but I plan to do work. I'm just...not confident in my ability to work with the code well at all. Right now, I really want to do something with the code, but there's so much thrown all over the place, and I have absolutely NO real experience working with the code.
    Then PLEASE don't even touch it and get out the developers team
    Maybe it's a good thing to look who is still active or planning to do some stuff and scratch the otherones from the team , so you have an idea , if you need to look for some new developpers to help and what skills they need

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

I've been throwing around an idea to actually address the deeper-rooted problems of ZC for a release, but I've been afraid of making everyone mad again. Although really, with all the mistakes I've made so far, I pretty much don't care anymore how much I am disliked if it means getting something out the door that is reasonably complete AND not crippled.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Petoe View Post
    I shall rename ZC 2.5 as Zelda Classic Forever!

And now that Peteo and Freedom are gone (too bad for the community), it is fun to see who will be the next Peteo/Freedom. I'm sure at some point someone will get fed up when they waste all their freetime for a program that is a piece of shit. :)

Oh and pikaguy900, I'm honestly fed up with ignorant comments like you're making. Freedom is the only reason there ever was hope for a stable ZC 2.5. He raised questions, he made things happen, he tested more than any of you slackers ever did, and now he's gone and that's a big effing loss to the community, get that? ZC community needs more Freedoms but none of you people seem to get it. "Freedom is bad, Freedom is shellfish, Freedom is annoying..." silly people, he had the interest of the whole community in his mind, not just his own. Where's the respect he deserves?

Whatever, you guys can keep dreaming of ZC 2.5. Maybe in 2 or 3 years I'll drop by to see what's going on and say to you all "what did I tell you, haha".

In order, the underlined parts:

Don't flatter yourself.
    Make a not-shit program, then you get to bash ZC. (Same goes for Freedom)
    He make make "ignorant" (which is in quotes because I disagree) comments, but when you constantly say "ZC is shit, 2.5 is never coming etc." it's kinda hard to take you seriously.
    The bold speaks for itself... *lol*
    Apparently the key word is "Had" in that whole sentence (starting at 'silly people')
    Yea, we'll dream. Now go ride a bike or something.

I may have done little (I DID actually do stuff) for the ZC community, but I don't sit around and complain waving my giant ego around maiming people with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%

I going to say this.

Devs, face the truth. The current ZC is unstable because of the lack of understanding its code. Phantom Meanace may have made the first ZC, but he knew how it worked to the best of his knowledge. Now that he's not here anymore, and he left no real archive of the code except the code itself, it's all guesswork for the others on deciding how it works.

At this point, sometimes when the plan isn't understood, and not explained, sometimes we must restart with a representation that does make sense. And this, I must say, is a direction we might as well take; this way, we can pinpoint what causes certain problems, and we know what ends are open and not break others by pure accident.

After all, I know a lot of suggestions made require a whole new engine, and the fact is that you might as well make a new one. You got some parts you can start from, but otherwise it be the only viable chance left to get a stable ZC running. After all, I know some of you want to ditch Allegro anyhow, and go with a more flexible library.

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%

Quote Originally Posted by elise View Post
    Then PLEASE don't even touch it and get out the developers team
    Comments like this won't be tolerated. Don't do this again.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Thread Information