0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.82%

Re: The Perfect Tileset

Quote Originally Posted by Smokes_Quantity View Post
    I use PTUX as of right now. I finally decided I like it. Kinda confusing at times, but I love it. The only problem I have had is with the cave tileset. When I enter it ingame its like grey with blue outlines. Yet in the editor its fine.

I've added a few things, and hell yea its hard.
    Hey, it just got updated: http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=70

Use that one instead. It's much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.78%

Ugh, hate Pure Remembrance.

It has all the flaws of Pure and all the flaws of DoR packed into a single tileset, without the upsides of either.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Revfan9 View Post
    Ugh, hate Pure Remembrance.

It has all the flaws of Pure and all the flaws of DoR packed into a single tileset, without the upsides of either.
    Well, most people would veiw it as the upsides of both packed together, not the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.57%

@Revfan9

Sounds intimidating, to be quite honest. The only thing I have ever ripped are sprites and things from the PTUX tileset. Kinda easy, yet it still has that learning curve. I have had a few problems with the tileset. As I explained in another topic of mine, the cave walls like to turn black and blue. Do you know why this is? Thanks for offering your help, it'll come in handy :)

@russadwan

Freaking sweet! Can't wait to try these. I'm trying to make just a simple game. With a few maps and 2 dungeons. Maybe I can make a larger version but for now I'm just getting use to ZC and this will help out alot..

EDIT: How Do I get the Pink Backgrounds out of the Pure Rememberence? Those are irratating me.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    59.48%

I use new DoR so I suggest that but pure or a custom tileset is fine to. Also you can get rid of the pink backgrounds by changing the first color in the palette to black or something. Don't know about caves, sorry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Smokes_Quantity View Post
    @Revfan9

Sounds intimidating, to be quite honest. The only thing I have ever ripped are sprites and things from the PTUX tileset. Kinda easy, yet it still has that learning curve. I have had a few problems with the tileset. As I explained in another topic of mine, the cave walls like to turn black and blue. Do you know why this is? Thanks for offering your help, it'll come in handy :)

@russadwan

Freaking sweet! Can't wait to try these. I'm trying to make just a simple game. With a few maps and 2 dungeons. Maybe I can make a larger version but for now I'm just getting use to ZC and this will help out alot..

EDIT: How Do I get the Pink Backgrounds out of the Pure Rememberence? Those are irratating me.
    Using f4 to change the palette only changes how it looks to you in the editor: it doesn't affect the palette in the actual quest. To change the palette, edit the palette for the cave Dmap.

To get rid of the pink backgrounds, go to quest, graphics, palettes, main, and edit each Cset to get rid of the pink color yourself.

The problem with Pure and DoR both is that they try too hard to be a set for everyone, and what happens in the end is that you get something that's nearly unusable for anything serious. That's they're basic problem. Pure Remembrance only makes this problem much, much worse by spreading its butter even thinner.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.57%

@Pielord
    Yea, the only thing I don't like about DoR is the cliffs. From the screens they don't look very appealing.

@Revfan9
    Alright cool, I'll try that. Oh the thing about the cave is it looks fine in the editor, but in game it looks goofy as hell. I can get pics later if you like?

Alright, I can try that in the morning and see if that works.

Yea. It's almost getting to many tiles. But when I looked at it quickly earlier it looked more organized. Maybe its just me, I'll have to see it again.

Thread Information