0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.82%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Chrono Trigger DS

Yup there was alot of stuff changed from the earlier version of CT on SNES. I forget if any beta roms are floating around on the internet.

Here's the trailer that came out on GameTrailers, better quality than Youtube, http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35888.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%

Yeah, I found this:
    http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term...rerelease.html

Apparently that's all the stuff they datamined from a magazine preview version of the game, which was a bit different from the final version. Kind of neat I think it's interesting that it looks like Epoch used to be able to move along the land before you got the wings (like the hover car in FFIV I think). The site speculates that they removed that to avoid problems with changing time periods over an area that is not accessable in that period (i.e. going from land to an ocean or mountain)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.81%
    I'll have to check that site out when I have the chance. Yes, there is a beta rom floating around, but I don't know how 'early' it is. It'll take me a while to find it, as when I had hdd problems, it changed all the files to the 8.3 naming format.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.74%

Man I love beta/prerelease information about games. I guess it's because I write code, but I always love it when I manage to find one of those rare interviews with project leads that lets you see into how they planned the game and how they decided what would/wouldn't make it. It really needs to become more standard :/

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.07%

hey...just a sec...

is it coming out in JAPAN, in winter 08? Or is it coming our way in winter 08?

...probably Japan...in which case we'll have to wait another half a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.82%

The idea of removing Epoch moving cause of time changing issues shouldn't hold much merit as they could have performed a check if you could actually be there in that era. Although maybe due to time constraints they didn't have time to do that. But it certainly would have been possible.

ZTC, the "Pre-Release" version is different from an actual beta or alpha ROM. I checked and there is only the Pre-Release ROM dumped. There is no beta or alpha ROM dumped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    The idea of removing Epoch moving cause of time changing issues shouldn't hold much merit as they could have performed a check if you could actually be there in that era. Although maybe due to time constraints they didn't have time to do that. But it certainly would have been possible.

ZTC, the "Pre-Release" version is different from an actual beta or alpha ROM. I checked and there is only the Pre-Release ROM dumped. There is no beta or alpha ROM dumped.
    Well, I think it may have just been too much effort. Not just in the coding, but making sure players couldn't access areas they weren't supposed to yet, etc.

Anyways, It's a bit like a beta in that it wasn't completed yet.

In any case, I was reading that site some more. You know what would be cool? If they stuck Radical Dreamers in as an unlockable. Granted the story in that game is no longer canon (it was basically reworked into Chrono Cross), but that would be a neat little extra.

I also read their summary of Chrono Cross over there.. um.. wow. I sort of understand the story of that game now, but damn. Could they have made it any more convoluted?

Edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oRpCjKoPps

Oh dear lord.. so many things I never knew existed I love Gato in this, he just repeats the same line over and over.. haha.. AH, GONZALEZ! I AM STRONG! BEAT ME UP AND GET SILVER POINTS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.81%
    I really need to look for that rom now... As for that video, that was my very first file I got off of bittorrent around 3 years ago and I enjoyed it immensely. It's a shame they didn't release it over here. (then again there's a scant hope of it being on the DS cart )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    I say, more Enix and less Square for a little while, huh? I know I'd love a revisit to the Soulblazer or Actraiser series.
    That's one of the best statements I've heard in a while. We should get a true sequel to Actraiser to replace that abortion they called Actraiser 2. And Soulblazer was one of my favorite SNES games - while we did get two worthy sequels in that series, I wouldn't mind seeing another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.77%

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    P.S. - There are enough load times on the PSX version (ugg), why would you want this on the PSP? That being said, I hope they include all the cutscenes from the PSX version in this DS can definately handle it - and hell, Square has already been loading their DS titles up with them recently anyways.
    I just transferred my ps1 copy of Final Fantasy Cronicles: Chrono Trigger to my PSP with autopopstation4 and custom firmware and it plays absolutely fine with very little load times. i figured it would be a pretty good alternative until this is released on the DS.

Thread Information