Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.03%

Re: Chrono Trigger DS

I'm actually down for this. I rarely play anything except for my DS lately, and it's nice to have this quality of game to take anywhere. Especially since I never got very far on the PS1 remake.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

That all depends on what they do though, their little blurb wants us to think it will be more than a port.

And no one knows how much money is lost due to piracy, the effect is unmeasurable. And again your claim against the PSP isn't possible to backup with any facts either. It's just an assumption. I know they see the DS as a profitable platform, and I'm sure it is. But to someone that already played Chrono Trigger on the SNES, this is just a cheap cash in. But in the end, it will probably have the effect of lowering the values of Chrono Trigger on SNES and PS1. Infact, that is probably their #1 reason for this port. They see the crazy prices on ebay or yahoo that the SNES CT goes for and decide they should put it out on DS.

All this doesn't change my opinion that this is uninteresting compared to a real remake on a modern or next-gen system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.77%

Eh, call me when Square-Enix decides to produce a Chrono Trigger Resurrection.

Sure, the original game is good and all, but an added dungeon and some tacked-on touchscreen support isn't enough to warrant buying it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.02%

Or even better, how about Square stops with the constant remakes and sequels and produces something new and interesting? The World Ends With You proves they can do it, now they just need to do something on a major console without any shitty Nomura designs.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.84%

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragoonX View Post
    ... shitty Nomura designs.
    HEAR, HEAR! I still love Final Fantasy because it still continues to present me with fun combat and character advancement systems, but I swear, every time I have to look at a guy who's wearing his belt as a "vest" or has assless chaps or whatever, it just makes my faith in Square die a little more.

I say, more Enix and less Square for a little while, huh? I know I'd love a revisit to the Soulblazer or Actraiser series.
    All men are mortal.
    Socrates is a man.
    Therefore, all men are Socrates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.52%
    Wasn't Enix the group that made Terranigma? Now that's a game that needs to be remade. I dodn't even think about the price drop it would bring when CT is re-released. I might have the chance to own a 'real' copy of the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.75%

Enix had a LOT of great titles that sort of came out and were forgotten. On the plus side, as "against" the VC as Square seems to be, at least Enix stuff seems to be getting on there. Still hoping we'll see E.V.O. show up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%

Square was against PS1 titles on the PSN, but did a complete 180. When they realize it's a cheap and easy cash-in, they will jump on it. They probably have already realized it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.26%

Will RPGs ever again be able to capture that feeling I had when I played Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy VI, or Crono Trigger? I've played some decent RPGs throughout the years, but I've yet to play anything that really impacted me like the old games did. I wonder if it's mainly because I'm grown up now, and video games are more common place than they used to be.

Either way, I certainly long for that feeling again, that encompassing experience.
    My Wii number:

2399 1339 8269 5334

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Rijuhn View Post
    Will RPGs ever again be able to capture that feeling I had when I played Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy VI, or Crono Trigger? I've played some decent RPGs throughout the years, but I've yet to play anything that really impacted me like the old games did. I wonder if it's mainly because I'm grown up now, and video games are more common place than they used to be.

Either way, I certainly long for that feeling again, that encompassing experience.
    I don't know, I thought Lost Odyssey was pretty awesome and had a bit of that feel to it. I also think The World Ends With You did a little as well, at least in that it felt very fresh like those games did.

I suppose part of the problem is that the RPG genre is too stuck on its formulas, and as much as those games innovated, people seem to be afraid to take the next step forward.

Thread Information