Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.78%

[Summer 08] The Legend of Zelda Remix

Title:
    The Legend of Zelda Remix

Overview/Details:
    The first time I visited zeldaclassic.com, I was immediately inspired to create my own quest. I already had some plans written down, but, unfortunately, ZQuest is still a bit incapable (or maybe I just don't know how lol) to help me fully accomplish my original quest, titled The Legend of Zelda: The Wand of Mysthika (sounds cool eh? lol). Nonetheless, I have managed to almost finish a new quest from scratch, which I titled The Legend of Zelda Remix. The reason for the title is because it's basically the same story as the original The Legend of Zelda, but don't be deceived; everything is different except the part that you have to collect the 8 Triforce pieces, kill Ganon, and save Zelda. Oh, and also, I managed to introduce a system in which Eyeball statues or other obstacles prevent you to reach dungeons in the incorrect order, so a lot of exploring will have to be done in order to get to the correct dungeon. I'm really satisfied with the development and strength of my quest and I'm almost done so be sure to look it up when it's finally complete! :)

Overworld Map - 100% finished (divided into two in order to fit, but the screenshots are when the overworld was about 90 % finished):
    1st half:

2nd half:

Dungeon development:

1. 100% done
    2. 100 % done
    3. 100 % done
    4. 100 % done
    5. 100 % done
    6. 100 % done
    7. 100% done
    8. Approximately 5% done
    9. 100 % done
    (Extra, non-required but beneficial mini-level): 100 % done

Extra information:

I started working on this quest in the beginning of June and I'm almost done. Hope you guys are able to see the two overworld screenshots clearly (if not let me know and I'll check on that), and stay tuned for updates!!!

Updates:

-No demo will be released, just the entire quest.
    -I decided to erase the dungeon names, they were just an early-viewer bonus :)
    -This is my first quest but it's coming along rather nicely. As soon as I'm completely finished, my brother will do the honors of testing it for me so it can be as flawless as possible.
    -I managed to make my pits work and also put names to the bosses so that should be nice :)
    -I finally figured out how to put MIDIs into my quest; they are all borrowed from www.purezc.com (thank you guys, you deserve credit) yet manage to make the quest a little more enjoyable.
    -Only one dungeon remains before the game's official completion.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.68%

Re: The Legend of Zelda Remix

No problems seeing either parts of the overworld map. Looks great. Will you be putting out a demo or just releasing the entire quest?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.41%

That's a pretty big overworld for a game that uses the classic tileset. It's nice! Legend of Zelda Remix looks like it's going to be awesome. Keep it up Alex-Link :)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.29%

Looks good to me. I have a soft spot for the classic set, so I think this will turn out nicely.
    Play The Darkness Within, my newest ZC Quest! Download here:
    http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=quests&id=374

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.78%

More updates have been added; my quest is almost finished so hang in there!!

Thread Information