Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.76%

Re: SotW 7

Well Revfan, it's a screen that I made for the Two Week Quest competition, so admittedly it's a little rushed ;-)

I also only entered it because there weren't enough shots this week.
    And now it's winning, which is a bit unfair really ¬_¬

Blaman's shot is much nicer...

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.54%

Oddly enough, my sentiments in the order of which I rank the shots are the same.

Joe123 - Voted. Like the layout and style of the shot. The only things I don't like are that there is a tree touching the lava, and that you can easily notice the lava repeating itself.

Blaman - Almost wanted to vote for this, but as Revfan said, that grass has got to go. The little randomly placed sprouts are acceptable, but the spreaded grass is dated, to say the least. Best thing to do is look at the grass in more recent tilesets, and if you can't draw something from ideas, do some ripping/recoloring. There are enough colors there to do something a little decent.

Russ - Gee, it sure is boring around here.

Mah Boy, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!

I just wonder what Ganon's up to...

Your majesty... Ganon and his minions have seized the island of Koridai!

Hmm, how can we help?

It is written, only Link can defeat Ganon..

Great, I'll grab my stuff!!

There is no time, your sword is enough.

err... wait... whats going on here?

Oh yeah. The screenshot. The things you left like the original Earthbound look decent at best. The mountains and cave though, need 9 overhauls. They remind me something of the graphics you see when your NES is starting to get old and it gets garbled every now and then.

Oh yeah, and Revfan..

After you've scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule, then we can talk about Mercy! Take him away!

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.98%

Quote Originally Posted by Revfan9 View Post
    Russadwan: HOLY MOTHER OF FUCKING GOD WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY EARTHBOUND!?

Jesus Christ, this shot is an insult to all of humanity. I don't think I can spot a single tile in there which is actually used correctly, and all of the colors are immensely overly saturated. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? You took one of the most memorable games of all time and fucked it right in the ass to produce this twisted hellchild of a screenshot. The colors look like someone decided to barf all over your moniter and you picked the colors based on the little food particles you saw. You took isometric graphics and tried to convert them to Zelda-perspective graphics without any sort of editing at all and the end result looks like donkey jizz.

Not to mention how the screen is so awfully composed. Objects are just placed randomly with no regard for their positions and there is almost no detail. Just looking at it makes me want to tear out my eyes and eat them.

The only way that this screenshot can possibly be forgiven is if you immediately delete all copies of this shot off of all web mirrors, then promptly melt your computer and make sure that you never use Zelda Classic ever again. Hell, better yet, chop off all of your fingers so that you never use a computer again in your life. It's the only way to stop this monstrosity from doing any more damage than it already has.
    I have to say, I was 100% prepared for that result. That palette isn't to good because, well, it's my first try at making a palette. I tried turning the cliffs into Zelda GB style ones so I could use them better. And the screen was mainly just to show off the graphics.

Joe, why did you have to throw in your screen last minute? Now it's taking most of the votes. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.08%

Then why couldn't you just use the god damn original colors? They surely look a hell of a lot better than the raped palette you make...

And if you aren't going to edit graphics to make them presentable, then at least use them in their current form.

Better yet, give up on the Earthbound tileset and start ripping from Mother 3, it has the exact graphic style you're looking for.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.98%

Better yet, give up on the Earthbound tileset and start ripping from Mother 3, it has the exact graphic style you're looking for.
    Actually, I'll be ripping from both. The palette is actually designed to be able to work with Mother 3 as well.
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.21%

oh the joy of revfan. :)
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.97%

Quote Originally Posted by Revfan9
    Blaman: Definitely fits with your username: It's Blah. I'm liking the use of Tales of Phantasia for the overhangs and the shadows from Treasure of the Rudras (courtesy of my rips, no doubt ), but the perspective issues here leaves a lot to be desired. Aside from that, it's a very, very average Pure shot with some DoR graphics mixed in. Hate the bushes, especially the way those 2 on the right are overlapping. Bad. Fix that. There's nothing really wrong about the positions of anything here (aside from the overlapping bushes), what really kills this shot for me is the absolute staleness of the graphics. It's the same thing that we've all seen a million times. I know that having neat, original graphics aren't everything in a quest, but it means a LOT in a screenshot. Also, the pure grass. It fucking fails at life. Use the green rubber mat grass if you must, just anything but that shit. Seriously, it looks like some kid with ADHD took a crayon and drew all over the ground. If nothing else can be improved graphics-wise, at least change the grass. This one is arguably more well-composed than Joe's shot is, but Joe's tiles had a nice, fresh look and that's what won me over more than anything else.
    Funny thing is, the tree-tops aren't from Tales of Phantasia. They're from a cutsom RPG Maker Chip Set. But the shadows are definately your work. (I like them a hell of alot better than the one that comes with pure.) I'll keep those comments in mind. As for the grass, do you have any suggestions of something I could use? (Since alot of tilesets I've seen either use the plain green, or this one. I really don't like the plain one, and I'm sure I could change it with a little bit of time.) I've been trying to switch the tiles up from pure. (Thanks to DoR, I've got alot of newer tiles, but alot could still do with some replacement. What tiles specically are you talking about as overused?)
    -This signature lacks something interesting.-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.08%

Really? Custom? They look veeeeeeeeeeeery familiar...

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.98%

Actually Revfan, those are slightly different.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.97%

Really? Custom? They look veeeeeeeeeeeery familiar...

http://www.tekepon.net/fsm/modules/r...&cid=4#chipset
    The first set is where I got them. They're made by REFMAP. They're a really popular set of RPG Chips for RM2k(3). I agree, though, after seeing that shot, they do look very similar.
    -This signature lacks something interesting.-

Thread Information