Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.75%

Re: GRIKARUGUN *Insert coin(s) to continue*

1. Yes, but I try to increase my chain, especially when the entire group of enemies are only one color.

2. I just attack when tempted, so I don't get pummeled by a variety of death-bullets.

3. Nah, I just fire a stream of shots, usually using L + A, (or whatever it was,) to bring out my mini ships in rotation mode, if I have energy.

4. The first boss isn't a problem for me, even if it is on hard. I just focus on dodging the bullets that aren't my color, (start at blue for the win!)

5. On hard the second boss I died a few times, until I discovered the aiding turrets could be destroyed.

6. If it's not hard, I usually have a little over half, if it's on hard, I'm on my last bar of health.

7. This game would be better if any of the combinations besides backward shot and mini-ships could work.

Click here to level up my card, or be sacrificed... ^_^

Want to see Shattered Earth, AGN's RPG, back? Got a computer that is capable of running a server? PM me!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.19%

Hey, hard is not bad. Hard is good. A game should be hard. But a game should ramp up the difficulty gradually so the player gets into it before getting hammered. This quest actually ramps up evenly, but is short so it gets really hard really fast. I don't know where else you have to go after the stage 1 boss!

Plus, ideally, a game should be hard like Punch Out! or AoL. In both cases, once you "get" how the game works or memorize the attack patterns, it stops being super hard and becomes workable. I think you're on the right track with that here, but the weaponry might need to be a bit more intuitive.

EDIT - And another thing. Since my previous quests were criticized alot for being too hard, I decided to give the player more options. For instance, in Zodiac, if things are too challanging you can farm for money and stock up on Life Tanks or other consumables to make the going easier. This slows you down, but means more people can finish. (The final boss will still be nigh-impossible, of course).

You could do something similar here. Right now, the chain bonus doesn't seem to do anything for you. What if your energy refilled faster as your chain went up? Or your weapon got stronger / wavier / etc? Or maybe you earned additional options as it went up? That would let a skilled player use the level to build themselves up rather than just making them survive. Of coruse, if you did that, hitting an enemy not in the chain should only reduce, not eliminate, the chain score or the player would get reaaaallly frustrated...

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.5%

Yo Gleeok! How's it coming?

(have yet to try the new demo...)

=====EDIT=====

Tried it, loved it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dawg View Post
    Hey, hard is not bad. Hard is good. A game should be hard. But a game should ramp up the difficulty gradually so the player gets into it before getting hammered. This quest actually ramps up evenly, but is short so it gets really hard really fast. I don't know where else you have to go after the stage 1 boss!

Plus, ideally, a game should be hard like Punch Out! or AoL. In both cases, once you "get" how the game works or memorize the attack patterns, it stops being super hard and becomes workable.
    I agree. That's a problem with today's games; alot are too easy. That's why I want to try this quest so bad. It looks like it'd be something challenging and fun, even if I want to rip my hair out at a few times. But, I can't because my internet security blocks the site... >_<
    -This signature lacks something interesting.-

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Blaman View Post
    I agree. That's a problem with today's games; alot are too easy. That's why I want to try this quest so bad. It looks like it'd be something challenging and fun, even if I want to rip my hair out at a few times. But, I can't because my internet security blocks the site... >_<
    There should be two working links for the demo; Filespace & Rapidshare, Does your internet block them both?..

As for a progress report, I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had much time to work on it. (Actually haven't even opened up zc in like two weeks.) Plus I admit that I've been having ADD, and goofing around with random projects, including writing some string based applications in C++ an C#, and playing some internet poker whenever I happen to be at my computer....Anyhoo..

Stuff completed and being worked on since the last demo include but not limited to:

Some Spriting
    Pseudo-solidity functions for lv2 and 3
    Some new bosses plus designs for future bosses
    Level balancing
    Bug fixing
    New enemies
    Insane mode added, yay! (Lets all join hands and challenge!);p
    Random stuff

Currently plan on finishing up lv 2b and the bosses..Should be about 4 bosses in that one level alone, It's looking to be a doozy! This one level is proving to be quite time consuming, lots of complicated math too (for me at least), Plus I've still got to finish up the end boss. (If you recall his killing power is getting increased by 70. XD )

Over all, I have to say that this could end up being the most complicated design point in the game, plus I've run out of graphics and have to make some. It's time consuming creating everything from scratch too.. Anyway, no real time frame for a new demo just yet.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    There should be two working links for the demo; Filespace & Rapidshare, Does your internet block them both?..
    Apparently so... The only sure-fire method I've known of is through e-mail. for some reason, my internet will not allow me to download anything, but it let's me download attachments from e-mails.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.59%

New Bug Re: GRIKARUGUN *Insert coin(s) to continue*

That's really bizarre Blaman, what browser do you use? It might be that; and in that case, might know of a way to fix that problem.

On-topic: This looks amazing Gleeok I've seen a few of the screenshots before, but this looks like it will be a great game. I can't wait to try it too when I get my computer working = D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%

It's not my browser, actually, it's my internet security. It just doesn't let me download stuff. (It pretty much forbids me.)

Sorry for going off topic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.19%

Gleeok - How are you dealing with enemy spawns in Gika? Are you doing something like Zodiac, where all the FFCs are running a script that takes over enemy behavior when activated? I'm still getting some slowdown in Zodiac using that method in some areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Blaman View Post
    It's not my browser, actually, it's my internet security. It just doesn't let me download stuff. (It pretty much forbids me.)

Sorry for going off topic.
    Did you try turning off your firewall?

Click here to level up my card!

"Everybody's doing it... I just wanted to be popular."
    Bender- Futurama

Thread Information