Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.58%

Re: We've Lost Our Liberties

Where's the source? I'm disturbed by the statement and honestly I'm not having troubles understanding it, but I can't use "It sounds like something they'd say" as an answer to "Who said it?"

Keep in mind part of the reason we're in Iraq is because someone we trusted made statements that had no proof, citing national security as the reason he could present no proof. We believed them because it seemed like something that was probably true, and we trusted the person telling us that it was. I don't feel like falling for that logic again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.27%

Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    Where's the source? I'm disturbed by the statement and honestly I'm not having troubles understanding it, but I can't use "It sounds like something they'd say" as an answer to "Who said it?"

Keep in mind part of the reason we're in Iraq is because someone we trusted made statements that had no proof, citing national security as the reason he could present no proof. We believed them because it seemed like something that was probably true, and we trusted the person telling us that it was. I don't feel like falling for that logic again.
    Funny you should mention that, as I think part of the reason people are so upset with Bush is that people aren't used to having the president outright deceive the American people. Make bad decisions, yes, stupid decisions, sure, irresponsible decisions, of course, but we were basically tricked into the whole Iraq war. The whole thing was pretty brazen, even for a politician.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.7%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Starkist View Post
    you can't even handle reading comprehension.
    Now it's I who am impressed with your skills of debate! Clearly, you have overpowered me by claiming I can't read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.71%
    Uggg....
    Who cares about historical context? You can go through history and always find some example that will support your interpretation of modern situations.

Bush sucks. He may not be the "worst" president ever, but he sucks and everyone knows it. Otherwise people wouldn't be going through history books and saying "well look what this guy did" instead of defending Bushs actions. It's playground politics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.89%

"People's historical perspective starts with the day they're born."

- Rush Limbaugh

I love it when Sean Hannity does essentially what you did starting this thread, Starkist. Throw out a bunch of statements ostensibly made by Republicans and have liberals exclaim their outrage. Then politely remind them those statements were in fact made by members of their precious Democrat Party.

That said, in all honesty I'm not too happy with President Bush right now. Were I polled today on whether I approve or disapprove of Bush's job performance, I'd say "disapprove." It doesn't mean I'm voting for Democrats in November. With the rare exception of the speech he gave the other day in Israel, Bush seems to have it in cruise control right now. I'd like him to keep after the appeasers in the Democrat Party. (Even though he was not referring specifically to Obama in that speech IMO, I love how the Democrat Party establishment automatically assumed he was. Guilty conscience, perhaps?) Not to play armchair general here, but I'd like him to take the gloves off in Iraq, loosen up the rules of engagement, and WIN this stnkin' war! I'd like him to get that stinkin' border fence built, with trenches on either side.
    My ZQuest Tutorial -- Official Third Quest Page

(I know the pages aren't displaying properly. I don't know how to fix it. Do you?)

My ZC Quests: Conquest of Sarpadia -- Sarpadia Enhanced Soundtrack -- Son of the Beach Fun Quest

Philadelphia Phillies: 2008 World Series Champions!
    2009 record: 27-20 :)

AGN Superlatives: Zelda Classic Guru

2001 AGN Awards: Best Overall Original Creator, "Nintendo" Award

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.27%

Firstly, why do you and Starkist have to make everything so damn partisan? My hatred of Dubbya has nothing to do with partisan crap, and and yet at every turn, you have to make it out to be Democrats vs. Republicans. Do you honestly, truly believe that I'm so ignorant that the little label means crap to me? I know it makes you feel better to imagine that everyone who disagrees with you is an ignorant, mindless sheep who only disagrees because he was told to, but the world doesn't work like that.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.55%

Why does it all have to be about you? America in general is obsessed with party politics, so in some ways it makes sense to talk about left vs. right.
    invincible - "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks that theirs is the only one that doesn't stink."

Elihu Burritt - "Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."

2008 Record (final): 84-78: NL West Champs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.27%

I didn't mean to make it about me, specifically - I was just trying to personalize it because I'm getting sick of these overly broad generalizations. Specific people here have specific complaints about President Bush, and Starkist and Alphadawg just want to write it all off by saying "LOL, liberals!" Sure, neither of them are defending Bush, but they're still using it as an opportunity to just make everyone who disagrees with them seem foolish.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.89%

"Bashing liberals is like shooting fish in a barrel. It's easy, and fun!"

- Me

Seriously, what I would like to know is why you, or anybody suffering from BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) say you HATE the president, rather than merely disagree with his policies? Do you personally know him? Did he stick you with his bar tab back in his college days?

And yes, before anybody asks, I acknowledge the existence of CDS (Clinton Derangement Syndrome, either Bill or Hillary) as well.
    My ZQuest Tutorial -- Official Third Quest Page

(I know the pages aren't displaying properly. I don't know how to fix it. Do you?)

My ZC Quests: Conquest of Sarpadia -- Sarpadia Enhanced Soundtrack -- Son of the Beach Fun Quest

Philadelphia Phillies: 2008 World Series Champions!
    2009 record: 27-20 :)

AGN Superlatives: Zelda Classic Guru

2001 AGN Awards: Best Overall Original Creator, "Nintendo" Award

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.27%

He started a war. I think that deserves just a little hate, don't you?

EDIT: Sorry, specifically, he started a war with no real justification.

Thread Information