Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.44%

Re: Worst President Ever!

You know, it's an interesting point. In perspective, I'd say that Dubbya isn't the worst president of all time, but he's definitely in the top five in my books (the other four being Reagan, Nixon, Harding, and Jackson). Bush and Reagan get in because of sheer ineptitude, Nixon and Harding are in because of their corruption and tainting of the Oval Office, and Jackson because he's just one evil sonuvabitch. Partly it's the fact that I'm part Native American, but mostly, it's just that Jackson puts Bush's "cowboy diplomacy" to shame, in terms of his attitude that the solution to every problem involved a gun.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Beldaran, yeah, he didn't even scratch the surface with Bush, but then again, didn't even scratch the surface with a lot of these guys.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.49%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

I voted Jackson because of his support of Indian Removal, which primarily affected the civilized tribes in the southern US:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_civilized_tribes

At the time there were those within the US who argued that the American Indians ought to be allowed near equal status provided they adapted their societies to be more compatible with white western society, these five civilized groups successfully adopted many parts of American society and could rightly have been able to assert their equality, the Cherokee even appealed to the Supreme Court and won the decision that stated Georgia had no right to impose its laws on Cherokee territory. Instead, this lead to Jackson to begin legislation and a one sided treaty that lead to the forced removal of these tribes and this culminated in the trail of tears.

I've always despised Jackson because of this, even by some contemporary ideals in his time, he took the monstrous side. It disappoints me that Democrats include Jackson alongside Jefferson as examples of esteemed presidents in their party's history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.82%

If I recall correctly from some history class way back when, Jackson was a real scumbag.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.81%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Daarkseid View Post
    Democrats include ... Jefferson as examples of esteemed presidents in their party's history.
    If Thomas Jefferson is a democrat then Ron Paul is a communist. It's pretty insane to view Thomas Jefferson as an icon of what the modern democrats value. If you showed Thomas Jefferson the size of today's federal government, he'd shit his face.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.31%

Gotta be the corrupt Harding or Carter imho..also Lyndon Johnson's social programs have hurt this country immensely..my favs? Reagan, Jefferson, Teddy, and Jackson(he is from my state:)

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.12%

I picked Andrew Jackson, but G.W. Bush is pretty bad too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.44%

Why the hell would a Libertarian list Reagan among his favs? I mean, the man contributed more to government spending than any other president since God-knows-when. And frankly, I'm just appalled that you'd list Jackson as a fav. I swear, the man is a complete disgrace of a human being.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.17%

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Why the hell would a Libertarian list Reagan among his favs? I mean, the man contributed more to government spending than any other president since God-knows-when. And frankly, I'm just appalled that you'd list Jackson as a fav. I swear, the man is a complete disgrace of a human being.
    I liked Reagan. I'm also torn on Andrew Jackson. He did some horrible things, but he also did some awesome things.
    "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord..."
    "In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.11%

I chose Reagan because...I really just hate him. Most political scientist claim that Harding was the worst president ever. I did a paper on this list that was made listing them best to worst, not on ideaology but on effectiveness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.51%

I'm Canadian so I don't know much about your presidents.

But based on what I read I believe that Herbert Hoover was the worst because he failed to stop the depression. Which IMO is worse than 9/11.
    Winner of the Side Splitter award in the first Writing Contest

Thread Information