Link's Birthday
*** and a half
(reviewed by Russ)
Please note that this review was written hastly, and I was only able to play through level four before writing this review.

Quick stats:

Gameplay: 8/10. For the most part, it was nice, with the enemies placed evenly.
General design: 7/10. I must say, it was quite impressive. My only complaint is that some of the dungeons were way out of place (the fire temple was in the middle of Hyrule Field).
Overworld design: 9/10. Although it was small, it was very well done.
Dungeon design: 8/10. The dungeons were well done, and kept me captivated for a while.
Music: 9/10. For the most part, the music was very fitting.
Storyline: 3/10. It's basically your standard save Zelda storyline with an added twist of it being Link's birthday. Nothing special here.
Graphics: 7/10. Although the original Pure is overused, I love it, and it fit the quest's theme perfectly.
Bosses: 5/10. They weren't custom, but they always had some fun twist to them, and were enjoyable.
Misc: 5/10. The idea of putting the swords in hidden temples, although good, got tiresome somewhat. But the amount of hidden dungeons was good.
Overall: 71/100. 3 and a half stars. ***1/2

In the game, you basically just have to collect the triforce and save Zelda. Same old thing again. However, that doesn't mean it's not a good game. Quite contrary, it's a great one.

The overworld is crafted very well, and the dungeons will entertain you for a while. Boss keys aren't used, but the dungeons are still very fun.

The items were placed pretty well, and the dificulty was perfect.
Often times, you have to find keys hidden in the overworld. This was a nice touch.

The puzzles were fun, a little challenging, but not so much that you rip your hair out solving them.

All in all, it's a good game, deserving of three and a half stars. Play it if you get the chance.

Please note this review was written quickly (and on Monday morning), so please excuse spelling and gramatical errors.