0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.06%

Re: Nintendo Power moon, answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaman View Post
    I hope it's Disgaea. I remember reading they were doing one for the DS. (Whether if it was fake or not, I'm not sure, so don't quote me on that.)
    Disgaea DS has been confirmed for quite some time now. If that's all the moon thing is about, they're really behind.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.54%

Seriously that looks about as much like a poke ball as a banana looks like a gun. A poke ball and the moon have this giant list of things in common:
    • Both are round

Poke balls are made of three colors: red (the blood of angry men), black (the dark of ages past), and white (it's not part of the song). The top half of the poke ball is red. The bottom is white. The middle is black. There's a big, white circle centered on the black equator that represents the button a trainer pushes. This moon is red and dark red. It has no equator. There's no division of colors. There's no big white circle.

If it's supposed to be a big surprise and Nintendo's really excited about it, it's not a game that's been announced yet and it is likely a first party game. Most of the games you guys are talking about are already either confirmed or backed by very reliable rumors. The most likely titles I've seen us discuss are FF IV, Harvest Moon, or Earthbound, but neither of those makes sense. FF IV had a red moon in its plot, but from what I gather its arrival is all-but-guaranteed so I can't see what kind of surprise it would be. Harvest Moon is third-party and IMO doesn't seem to sell in spectacular numbers. Earthbound had nothing to do with the moon really. That leaves me in the dark, and I'm curious but if I wait patiently I'll get my answer.

Aj12321

i doubt its earthbound, a new pokemon just came out for the ds, Disgaea was already announced, and in the wii fit article Steve Thomason said he was distracted by the top secret wii game thats gonna be in next months issue(look at day 7). Castlevania, a new dragon quest maybe. http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/351/shirenwiirg7.jpg look at this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.78%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    Seriously that looks about as much like a poke ball as a banana looks like a gun. A poke ball and the moon have this giant list of things in common:
    • Both are round

Poke balls are made of three colors: red (the blood of angry men), black (the dark of ages past), and white (it's not part of the song). The top half of the poke ball is red. The bottom is white. The middle is black. There's a big, white circle centered on the black equator that represents the button a trainer pushes. This moon is red and dark red. It has no equator. There's no division of colors. There's no big white circle.

If it's supposed to be a big surprise and Nintendo's really excited about it, it's not a game that's been announced yet and it is likely a first party game. Most of the games you guys are talking about are already either confirmed or backed by very reliable rumors. The most likely titles I've seen us discuss are FF IV, Harvest Moon, or Earthbound, but neither of those makes sense. FF IV had a red moon in its plot, but from what I gather its arrival is all-but-guaranteed so I can't see what kind of surprise it would be. Harvest Moon is third-party and IMO doesn't seem to sell in spectacular numbers. Earthbound had nothing to do with the moon really. That leaves me in the dark, and I'm curious but if I wait patiently I'll get my answer.
    You forget, this is Nintendo Power. I honestly don't expect it to be a big deal. I mean, have they ever actually announced something we didn't know about?

Also:

But yes, it's not Pokemon. How anyone can think that is beyond me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.06%

If they actually released Mother on the VC, that would be pretty damn fantastic.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.93%

There's no denying a slight resemblance. But, considering that the red moon and the normal moon are identical (minus the shading), I now doubt that the moon is supposed to look like a Poké Ball.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.54%

Right, as I pointed out, there's these similarities:
    • Both are round
    Honestly, the poke ball looks quite a bit more like the Death Star than it does the moon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.06%

Thats ironic, because I was just going to say that the moon looks more like the Death Star than a Pokeball.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.93%

Quote Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
    Right, as I pointed out, there's these similarities:
    • Both are round
    Honestly, the poke ball looks quite a bit more like the Death Star than it does the moon.
    Right, and the moon has a faint line running around it where I placed it on the Poké Ball, and the blemish (crater? pole?) on the moon is on that line much like the button on a Poké Ball.

I dunno, the more I looked at it a few days ago, the more it looked like a Poké Ball. The more I think about it, the less it seems to be a Poké Ball.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.74%

The O in the Mother logo is Earth, not the moon, though, isn't it?

Thread Information