0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Do you shop at GameStop?

For anyone here that does shop at GameStop, I recommend watching this series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_D45dRcehg

It's a rant from someone that used to work there going into more detail than the obvious bits of how shitty GameStop is. I always thought GameStop was shitty as it doesn't take much to realize how bad their business is run. But it's a good bunch of videos to watch if you shop there. Hopefully it'll get you to stop.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.9%

Re: Do you shop at GameStop?

I never shop at GameStop anymore. I haven't gone in there in years, but last time I bought a new game from there and it wasn't sealed. Instead they kept the box behind the counter, and the game and instructions in another drawer and put the two together when I bought it. I absolutely hated that. If I'm buying a new game, I want the box sealed, new. Maybe I'm in the minority on that, but after that I refused to shop there anymore.
    Mr. 207! The most legendary, controversial, enigmetic, isometric, reaking of awesomeness poster to EVER become a member of this board.

I'm walking through your streets
    Where all your money's earning
    Where all your buildings crying
    And clueless neckties working
    Revolving fake lawn houses
    Housing all your fears
    Desensitized by TV
    Overbearing advertising
    God of consumers
    And all your crooked pictures looking good
    Mirrors filtering information through the public eye
    Designed for profit sharing
    Your neighbor, what a guy
    _
    Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom
    Every time you drop a bomb
    You kill the god your child has born
    Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom

Challenge Games- Challenging remakes of your favorite NES classics.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.13%

I shop at EBGames (Australian Gamestop ) and so far, the only thing I have to complain about is how consoles are replaced if there faulty during the extended warranty... They will replace your console with another 2nd hand one they have in stock. The issue with this approach? they DON'T check what people bring in, I believe 2 that they opened to show me the contents, had 1 or 2 obviously broken controllers or missing cables.

I had my PS2 replaced because I thought it was broken since Tekken 5 was not working properly on it. it ended up being a bad batch of the game and nothing to do with my console though I never got my original console back since they "already" shipped it to wherever...

anyways, the replacement that I did get, has worked since then and continues to work well which is very good considering it's been about 2 years since this happened. One of the controllers was broken (it lit up, but no buttons worked), but they replaced the controller with a brand new one when I bought it back to them.

================
    For those interested in the issue with the game that I was having... the game took forever to load anything. it played fine, no lag or anything, it just took forever to load data from the disc and half the time the music would drop out while playing. I knew it was wrong behaviour because I borrowed the game out at the local video store a couple months earlier and it worked fine.

I was thinking it was the console at fault because I had the game replaced 3 times! each had the defect. I then asked A EBGames store if i could test it on one of there systems and they agree'd, they brought out 2 consoles and both exhibited the issue. they tried one of THERE copies of the game and it worked fine. (my copy was bought from Myers)

EDIT: somewhere in there ^ I should say that I had the console replaced after having the game replaced 3 times from Myers. which is how I lost my original console prior to learning the games where at fault.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.53%

Nope, GameStop has no concept of basic courtesy, and I have had bad experiences myself and read of too many others to consider going there ever again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.13%

AFAIK, EBGames has the best deals on games around here,

1) 7 days to return games with no fuss or hassle with a full 100% cash back.
    2) extended warranty on your console game discs for 5$ more (which includes them getting snapped by your brother or getting scratched)
    3) they price match.
    4) Quick service and easy to speak to on the phone.
    5) They are a franchise, so you can buy a game at A EBGames store and return it @ a different EBGames store with no problems.

No one else offers those services around here.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.13%

Yeah, I shop at Game Crazy. They have great, organized displays and the employees are all nice guys who actually know what they're talking about.
    I've only been in a GameStop a few times, but I've heard bad stuff about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    AFAIK, EBGames has the best deals on games around here,

1) 7 days to return games with no fuss or hassle with a full 100% cash back.
    2) extended warranty on your console game discs for 5$ more (which includes them getting snapped by your brother or getting scratched)
    3) they price match.
    4) Quick service and easy to speak to on the phone.

No one else offers those services around here.
    EBGames? I'm pretty sure they are owned by GameStop now. Maybe you're thinking someone else or you are talking about EBGames before the buyout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.61%

gamestop is crap. these days i order most of my games online either newegg or amazon with free shipping, tax free. i may not get them the day they're released, but atleast im going to get a good unopened copy. i also bought my console at target. they've been unbelievable cool about returning one console i had that RRoD'd several months after i purchased it and ive been using that console for over a year now with no problems at all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.13%

I shop at EBGames (Australian Gamestop )
    EBGames? I'm pretty sure they are owned by GameStop now. Maybe you're thinking someone else or you are talking about EBGames before the buyout.
    I had made 2 posts, the first post had stated the store/company I was speaking of. Anyways, I always thought that EBGames was owned by Gamestop and the change in name was to appeal to Australians.

I've never had a bad experience with EBGames that wasn't caused by me.
    Computer specifications:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.14%

I buy games from Gamestop occasionally, but that's only because there aren't many other stores to go to around here and I don't have a credit card for ordering online yet. The trade-in system they have sucks. I tried trading in some old games once; they checked their computer and told me that they would have to give me negative credit if I went through with it. That's right, they wanted me to pay them to take my old games. >.>

I just sell my unused games at the flea market now. The people who buy games there are as cheap as Ebay users, but at least I can make some decent money off of them.
    Current status: Former College student / Former Intern for Hardcore Gamer Magazine
    ----------------------------
    Teh Winnar of the second Annual Writing Contest!

Thread Information