Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.61%

Re: Another zelda question - - this time a hack

After seeing the same question on other discussion forums, I was starting to think that must be the case. Congratulations on finishing what was no doubt a challenging zelda hack.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Thanks, but the jolly times aren't over - - because there is a second quest!

Nothing yet that I have gotten into, but from what I saw when I was "patching" the Mars boss room, the rearrangement of the levels will make it interesting for sure. I just hope there won't be more "forgotten bosses" that I'll have to go back in and fix.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.96%

Hey, tell me if it's worth playing when you're done with it. Due to the fact that I use ZC, I don't really do much Zelda 1 hacks. But if it's good, let me know. And send the fixed version. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

Shin Zelda Densetsu = Japanese version of LOZ? perhaps the bug exists in all the English versions of the game?
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.55%

Did you even read the thread? The very first sentence points out it's a Zelda ROM hack.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Well, I was playing the second quest today and while there haven't been any forgotten bosses (yet), there are bugs that disrupt the gameplay so seriously that I probably shouldn't go on without a bugfix. Lord Steak does warn that the second quest hasn't been completely bugtested in the readme that comes with the IPS patch. Well sure enough, there are issues there.

In the second quest 4th level, which corresponds to Venus (which also happens to be the first darknut level; what is it with this hack and early darknut levels?), the raft is in a passageway but it is unreachable, stuck in the wall. Now there's nothing inherently wrong with items being in passageways, it happens enough in this hack's first quest as well as in the Outlands that we know it can work. But here, the raft is misplaced, and so it's stuck in the wall where you can't get it. What's more, after you come up the other end of that passageway, where you come out after you're intended to get the raft on the way through, you end up stuck in the upper-left-hand corner of the screen. (Continue bug anyone?) Not in the upper-left-hand corner of the dungeon wall, but the corner of the screen, where your map display is. I could try to get around this with my dungeon editor but that would need more knowledge of obscure things about ROM editing than I care to learn. Besides, heaven only knows how many bugs of this nature are in the later levels.

I can't help but get the feeling that I'm the first one to ever get this far in SZD because as far as I know this hack hasn't been maintained by anyone at all. There's next to no discussion of it online, no official site, no boards, no nothing. Either Lord Steak or someone should have seen to it that this became better known, because a two-quest redesign of LOZ shouldn't have had these bugs sitting around for four years.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.51%

If its possible to bugfix it, it would probably be a favor to the guy and to those who are into rom hacks. I'm interested in playing it, by the way

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

darknuts are easy as pie to kill so long as there is room to move, I struggle with deathknights because they are psycho and 8 blue darknuts in a room with atleast 1/3 of the room solid combo's unless theres a hammer somewhere
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

ForestOfOctober

Im having difficulty finding the items that are in these dungeons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.57%
    I'll have to boot up my network server tomorrow and see if I have this hack on it, as I'm a bit interested in playing it. Have you made any attempt at contacting the author yet?

Thread Information