Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.58%

Re: OMGLOLMYFIRSTQUEST

Well, your "sword" always fires a projectile in my quest to simulate being a Wizzrobe. Quick Sword is also on, but don't worry, it doesn't make you overpowered.

I'm actually worried that I'll have to make an easier version of the quest because it's probably too hard for any casual player to beat. Blue Darknuts in the first dungeon surrounded by damaging floors in a dark room and you only get 1 heart. I might have gone overboard, but that's what it takes to make it hard for me.

I've also confirmed that my brother will in fact be making me some original music for this quest. If he writes as well as he sings it might not suck!
    You know what I hate...? A LOT of things. God.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.55%

Well then, I can't imagine what levels in the neighborhood of 5 and 6 are like.

If you really need to crank up the difficulty that high before it is no longer too easy.... well, that's what beta testers are for. They'll be able to tell you how hard is right for the common folk of planet earth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.58%

Oh, and by the way. I really appreciate the positive responses I'm getting from people here. I wasn't sure if I was ever going to finish the quest after my whole recent "editor not working" problems began, but I'll definitely get it done now. I hadn't really even shown screenshots to anyone before this thread so I didn't have any idea if the quest looked fun or not.

You've no idea how much I want to be working on it RIGHT NOW! ARGH!

EDIT: OMG! I finally get it now! I didn't know how these forums worked and didn't realize that you had to turn on images to see them in a post instead of in a link. Weird default settings. NOW I see why Joe was complaining, that IS really annoying if you're not linking to the picture and seeing it in the post. I fixed it. Very sorry. I was also wondering why nobody had avatars.

Joe is not a baby. I was a fool. Can I ever be forgiven for this transgression?

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.61%

heh ^_^

Ah well, thanks for making them a bit smaller =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.55%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJer View Post
    Oh, and by the way. I really appreciate the positive responses I'm getting from people here.
    Sometimes in life, people actually give praise when it's due

If you're that close to completion, you should employ beta testers and figure out your "crashing issues". I want to see a completed quest. :o

I actually do play around with zc. More than most of you realize. I'm working on creating a quest again.
    Joe is not a baby. I was a fool. Can I ever be forgiven for this transgression?
    No. All you can do is pray that no anvils fall from the sky.
    I'm stoned and I can still spell, so what's your excuse? ®

"I know you don't hook up the USB to the microwave ,you hook it up to the clock so you have a time stamp on the pictures" -my mother

<&Zaphod> If you were a blue folder full of important papers, where would you hide?
    <Majora_> C:\? my documents? downloads?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.58%

I have a list of like 15-20 fixes I need to do before I bother having anyone beta test it. Things like tile warps stuffing you into a wall that I just haven't gotten around to fixing yet. I think I may have a solution to the crashing problem as well, and that is to finish the quest on a different computer. Normally I wouldn't do this because I need loads of time where I'm not bothered but it's so close to done I should be able to finish it over a weekend at a friend's house.

The time limit will also keep me from deciding to add another dungeon or partial overworld or something...

Oh yeah! I got a whole selection of music now. The main overworld still has the standard song and the first dungeon has the dungeon song, and the level 9 song is used somewhere... but other than that every dungeon and partial overworld has a unique music track. All the music is arranged, rearranged or written (just 2 or 3) by my brother (he works quick! :o). You'll probably recognize a song or two, although some of them are pretty damn obscure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.58%

Here's a couple examples of what the music will be like in my quest.

Ruined Hyrule Overworld
    Ice Palace

The first one is something I don't remember and the second one is written by my bro. There's a version with and without percussion. When you're in the snowy overworld it plays the no percussion version and when you enter the dungeon there the percussion starts. It's almost pretty cool.

If either of them play funny or make horrible loud noises at awkward moments, it's not a problem with the file, midis are just retarded and play wrong a lot.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.99%

tho's are some sweet tunes from your bro! he really does know what he is doing when it comes to midi =)

Just a quick question, are they optimized for 'General Midi'? (I assume yes because they sound awesome )
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.55%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJer View Post
    ...what the music will be like in my quest.

Ruined Hyrule Overworld
    Ice Palace
    I would use as many midis like that in your quest as you can. Those rock.
    I'm stoned and I can still spell, so what's your excuse? ®

"I know you don't hook up the USB to the microwave ,you hook it up to the clock so you have a time stamp on the pictures" -my mother

<&Zaphod> If you were a blue folder full of important papers, where would you hide?
    <Majora_> C:\? my documents? downloads?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.58%

I'm pretty sure they're optimized, like I said, if he didn't write it he DID arrange/rearrange it. I can't imagine why he'd be rearranging it if it wasn't to optimize it, but I don't really know about that sort of thing.

Thread Information