Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.11%

Re: Okami Wii

Well, I just now read the scroll on how to get demon fangs...

And here I was, thinking they just had a rediculously low drop rate.

I really wish I had a way to induce nighttime. I wanna hunt down all those wanted monsters! And I almost NEVER skip an enemy. I see a scroll, I dash at it and LEAP into it.

...or, if I'm tired of it, I just give it a wide berth.

BTW, does you astral pouch have to be FULL before it can revive you? Cause mine had aobut 187 points in there when I got owned by the guy with the "lightsaber" kinda sword. >_< that guy freaking owned me the first time. ...The second time, I got desperate, and used one of those "deflect attack" scrolls, and got by too easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    59.69%

So should I get this game for the Wii or the PS2?

(I never played the PS2 version)
    4/8. Currently Playing:
    • Final Fantasy X - HD Remaster (PS3)
    • FIFA 14 (360)
    • South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
    • MLB The Show 14 (PS3)
    • Terranigma (SNES)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.44%

Either, just so long as you get it.

It's a real classic. It does Zelda gameplay better than Zelda does. It's creative, gorgeous, loads of fun, and it's relative obscurity is downright criminal.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Aegix Drakan View Post
    I really wish I had a way to induce nighttime. I wanna hunt down all those wanted monsters! And I almost NEVER skip an enemy. I see a scroll, I dash at it and LEAP into it.

BTW, does you astral pouch have to be FULL before it can revive you? Cause mine had aobut 187 points in there when I got owned by the guy with the "lightsaber" kinda sword. >_< that guy freaking owned me the first time. ...The second time, I got desperate, and used one of those "deflect attack" scrolls, and got by too easily.
    Yeah... you can make it daytime whenever you want by drawing the sun in the sky, you'd think there was a brush technique that lets you change day into night, right?

And yes, you need the astral pouch to be full for it to revive you. btw, don't feel bad, that fight with Waka was tough for me too. The trick with him is to use power slash to knock his sword back at him. Just wait to you fight the canine warriors...those were long fights.

Quote Originally Posted by mattwdr View Post
    So should I get this game for the Wii or the PS2?

(I never played the PS2 version)
    I haven't played the PS2 version either, but I hear it's hard to find now...

Regarding the Wii version - many people say the controls on the Wii are bad, but I think the controls work great. Some things take practice, but that's it. After a few hours of play you won't want to play it any other way.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.46%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

True enough. Not having ever really played a game on the Wii Before like that, I thought that the controls were actually a lot harder on the Nunchuck and Wiimote for Brawl than for Okami. The only thing I could say they could've done better was the way that you attack, (I can almost never get any reflector type weapon to work right. Anything else is just dandy though, especially Rosaries, which are all I ever use for primary weapons.) but otherwise, it was pretty easy to learn. :) Though, again, I did start from a fresh slate, as it were.

The Battles with the canines do require many power slashes, I think. Keep attacking them when they're not flashing and rearing back to stun them, and then when they stagger, give 'em a power slash. Repeat until dead. When they're powering up, just run away.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.19%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    The only thing I could say they could've done better was the way that you attack, (I can almost never get any reflector type weapon to work right. Anything else is just dandy though, especially Rosaries, which are all I ever use for primary weapons.) but otherwise, it was pretty easy to learn. :) Though, again, I did start from a fresh slate, as it were.
    I actually find the Reflectors and Glaives really easy to combo with. With Rosaries it's harder for me to tell if I'm comboing correctly (like when following the tutorials in the Dojo) but so much damage is done I don't know if it matters much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.19%

Has anyone completed all the kimono drawings for Mr Chic is Sei-an city? I am stuck on the last one (the heaven kanji). I have tried dozens of times. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

btw, for those stuck on earlier ones, here are some tips based on what worked for me:
    Star: without picking up the brush, start with the upper left point, and draw down and right for the first line. (and continue the rest)
    Heart: without picking up the brush, start at the bottom, and go up and to the left to draw it.
    V: without picking up the brush, start at the top left and make a V
    Clover: draw four circles, with each part touching the two next to it. I drew mine starting with the top right one, and went around counter-clockwise

UPDATE: I finally managed to get the last drawing. I just draw it smaller, and it seemed to work. So, if you're stuck on some of the other ones, changing the size of your drawing might just do it!

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.46%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Six days since the last reply. Ew.

Yeah, those drawing weren't too easy. I had a bit of trouble on the heart, and then the size of the V, and then actually drawing the clover with the Wiimote. Got the Star and the God symbol on the first try, somehow. Somehow. X x.

I did the first spider gate in Ryoshima. I got in the vicinity of 100+ Demon Fangs from that run. (And promptly purchased all remaining Relics from the Emperor.) I tried the one in Northern Ryoshima first though, and good god, I had to use more than sixty small Bones! The real challenge began in the room with the Umbrella Vultures coupled with the ... whatever the hell else was in the room with them. It was like that Darknuts and Wizzrobes room from TLOZ Dungeon 6, only in a smaller space, and the Darknuts move really really fast, and everyone just slashes the hell out of you for no productive reason. Yeah, it's kinda like that. X x. Damn umbrellas. The wind doesn't really stop them either. They can use their umbrellas immediately even after being totally windswept. It's madness!

Well, I just entered Yoshpet, so we'll see what happens. I currently have all possible ink pots and wallet upgrades, (I shouldn't have gotten either wallet upgrade. Huge waste of points.) and one full row of hearts (Health, whatever.) and all but two on the next row, and two heart containers sun fragments, and nearly enough faith to fill in the last. Good lord.

I'm also definitely going to try to get all of the Stray Beads. I'm very much looking forward to the end prize. I know what it is, too, sort of. I just want to actually experience it.

By the way, that Fox Glove relic, is amazing. I heart it so hard. Use it everywhere, everywhen. Its usefulness cannot be overstated. It even harms enemies on occasion. You're just throwing Issun into an enemy to do whatever. It's great. He can even steal from bosses.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.29%

I'm still trying to find a damn Wii o.O
    This is where my signature should be.

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.11%

? Why are the wallet upgrades bad?

heck, what to they even DO?
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Thread Information