Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.12%

Re: Okami Wii

How did I deal with it? You should play it. It's not that bad, honestly.

Umm...I use double Glaives exclusively. (with the 4 Shears and Sword Dance Dojo techniques of course) Reflectors and Rosaries suck compared to Glaives. I used a few vengence slips on the last few fights, which are comprised of Evil Raos and Nagis.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.43%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Aye. Thing is, I can't control the Glaive or Reflector main weapons at all. Waving around the Wiimote does absolutely nothing past the first strike, whereas Rosaries always have the desired effect, if not more. I only use Glaives as a secondary weapon, and I haven't even really considered using the reflector's secondary at all.

Maybe I could use it to block those arrows those later bosses will be sending out. Damn, I might have to. Those usually mess me up.

EDIT: Nevermind. Beat the game. Got my string. Pretty neat. Don't even need the health or ink displays anymore, so they just don't show up. Very sweet. Also got all the Karmic Transformers for some reason. Probably won't use them. Now have 1,700,000 Yen after boarding, from a mere 500.

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.03%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    ...and I haven't even really considered using the reflector's secondary at all.
    you should try it sometime. You know that one that sort of splits apart? YOU CAN COUNTER WITH IT. Very impressive damage.

It's my usual sub-weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.43%

I had heard that too, when timed correctly.

I also heard that using the Fox Glove, Issun can (Either "eventually" or "occasionally.") one-hit KO an enemy. There may even be some grain of truth to that. I've killed quite a few enemies using that so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.72%

I hate the Kusa 5. Forget the Kusa 5. That fight pissed me off sooooo much. I don't remember any of the devil gates from my PS2 playthroughs, but I don't recall anything matching those stupid dogs.

Also practically the only weapon I find I can use with the wiimote is the bead-type weapons. According to some random article I read yesterday, Nintendo Power actually suggested playing the PS2 version of the game to get around this; I have no idea if it's true but I definitely agree. The glaives are exceptionally powerful and easier to control than the beads if you're using buttons.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.38%

I still can't beat Kai at the race, all trees are bloomed but she still gets me on the little things. Blarg.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.43%

Okay; More tips.

Maintain your speed. The instant the race begins, shake the Wiimote a bit to do a little dash, and keep the forward motion stick held in to continue the motion. Starts a dash. Everyone already knows this, so for those who don't, ...

Maintain your speed even in jumps. A bit tricky, and requires intimate knowledge of the movement engine, but it is quite critical, particularly because you'll absolutely need to be cutting through just about any obstacle that Kai simply runs around. It genuinely can be faster if you do it right.

Don't forget to just run around that ice lake in the last segment. Kai slows herself all through it. Running on the snow on the edge of the lake saves you the slowness, and keeps your stability. It's far faster than cutting through the middle in that occasion.

Definitely make at least five more practice runs at full speed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.12%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    Aye. Thing is, I can't control the Glaive or Reflector main weapons at all. Waving around the Wiimote does absolutely nothing past the first strike, whereas Rosaries always have the desired effect, if not more. I only use Glaives as a secondary weapon, and I haven't even really considered using the reflector's secondary at all.
    Are you serious? As many times as you've played through the game and you can't combo with the Reflector or Glaive? It's so easy! Here's a quote from someone who posted on the Gamefaqs message board that I thought might be helpful:

Flick the remote left, pause very briefly, flick it right, pause again, repeat. Adjust the timing slightly to get it exactly right. I can't give much more than that, it's something you just have to learn. I was awful at doing full combos my first time playing this, but by the time I reached Shinshu I had both it and the freehand Power Slash down.

I'll admit, when I got the first Rosaries weapon, I was excited because it seemed much stronger than the first Reflector weapon, but I stopped using Rosaries a short while later. Sure they can hit many enemies, but they are inconsistent, and weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.77%

Rosaries are the weakest weapons for sure. For me their only useful feature was as a secondary weapon where they would become a projectile weapon. Especially the ones that fire in one big burst instead of individually. Then again they are even weaker when fired as a projectile so you don't really end up doing much damage with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.34%

Roasaries also leave you wide open when you're swinging them around... my least favorite weapon, to be sure. The rosary that fires out in a shotgun-like spread makes a good subweapon though, as it does tremendous damage at point-blank.

Personally, I'm a fan of equipping dual reflectors and abusing counterattack. It's almost like cheating.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Thread Information