User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: From the totally random crossover department...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.34%

Re: From the totally random crossover department...

He is in the Mario Kart arcade game, though... I think that's what Mott was thinking of. Which, incidentally, is totally unfair. I mean, we don't even get the Mario Kart arcade game here in the States (to my knowledge). The least they could do would be into include Pac-man in one of the console games, as like an unlockable or something.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.91%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    He is in the Mario Kart arcade game, though... I think that's what Mott was thinking of. Which, incidentally, is totally unfair. I mean, we don't even get the Mario Kart arcade game here in the States (to my knowledge). The least they could do would be into include Pac-man in one of the console games, as like an unlockable or something.
    True, but that game was actually made by Namco.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.34%

Well then I blame Nintendo for not securing the right to include Pac-man in future Mario Kart games as part of the deal.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.91%

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well then I blame Nintendo for not securing the right to include Pac-man in future Mario Kart games as part of the deal.
    But that would suck How does Pac-man even pilot a go-kart? He's just a limbless yellow ball with a mouth

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Dann Woolf View Post
    I was being sarcastic.

Let's face it, the main selling point of the Mortal Kombat games is the gore. Without that, all you have left is a mediocre beat-'em-up.
    No you don't. A "Beat 'em Up" is a game like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the arcade game, Final Fight, Streets of Rage, etc. Mortal Kombat is a Fighter. And it is much better than mediocre in most of its installments. Some those like MK4 I didn't care for.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.55%

Thumbs up Re: From the totally random crossover department...

Mortal Kombat had its high points when it was 2d, back then the digitized look and the fatalities really set it apart from the pack. The series lost a lot of steam once it hit 4 though, and while DA and deception were good... I don't understand any argument that says Armageddon wasn't crap, and I fear this crossover will fall to the same fate.

Mortal Kombat had good gameplay back in the day, and was better than medicore (but not great), cool endings and gore were not the icing on the cake though... it was the freaking cake. Without the gore the series would have ended with MK1. There was a reason MK was packed in ever arcade around, and that reason was you could rip someone's head off.

Mortal Kombat has a spotty history in 3d, while DA and Deception were cool (good unlockables, cool endings, backgrounds and fatalities), MK4 was pretty bad, and the last one plain sucked. I rented it over the weekend when it came out, and it didn't take long to hate it, the crappy mario kart ripoff mode, the stupid word scroll endings, and the lack of individual fatalities. The 3d gameplay is okay, but just about any other 3d fighter blows it away.

The crossover idea is the final nail in this series coffin, you got Superman, Batman, then what? Scorpion vs Wonder Woman (very odd)? Green Lantern (could be cool)? Green Arrow? Eventually even with using villians you are going to run out of good DC characters, and you just know Aquaman is going to be in there... with the great super power of making everyone pity him.

Bottom line, looks bad. Unless there is a free demo that blows me away... this will be the best Mortal Kombat to walk away cautiously from.
    If Loving X-box is wrong, I don't want to be right. If you agree, and have X-Box Live... my screen name is Dragon7898

Thread Information