Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.64%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: The Official Mario Kart Wii thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Marsden View Post
    EDIT: I was right, two teams. Sorry.
    Boooooo. I thought for a second you'd actually be able to do some classic 4 Player FFA. It's going to be so lame in multiplayer then - half of the people are going to be friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloral View Post
    I always liked block fortress, as I would stay on the top level and block all the ramps to the top with bananas and fake item boxes. Then I'd take green shells and just shoot them at random into the lower level. Then whenever I'd get a red shell I'd figure out where the other guy was and get to the level above him and shoot the red shell over the edge.
    Me too. The best part is sticking fake ? blocks strategically so that it looked like a normal one, or surrounding the normal blocks with banana peels so they couldn't get them :) You could also block off the two entrances (bridge + ramp) and make yourself a little fortress to rain turtle shells down from

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.51%

I have a question.

What's the full character roster, WITH unlockables?
    You can take the nerd out of 4chan, but you can't take 4chan out of the nerd.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.39%

Good question. I've only unlocked three characters and a couple of karts so far, but a quick Google search reveals the truth...
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.64%

Bah, still no Magikoopa (or Kamek). What a shame. He got shafted from Mario Kart 64 (Mario Kart R) and I don't believe they ever gave him another shot

Surprised R.O.B. isn't on that list though, since he was in MK DS. Or Shy-Guy for that matter (he was the "no cartraige" wifi kart for MK DS, plus he was in the SSB Brawl Mario Kart stage ).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.64%

You know, I just realized something today:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_K...ble_characters

Sort that by Mario Kart Wii characters. Mario Kart Wii features *every* previous Mario Kart playable character except for DK Jr. (SMK), Paratroopa and Petey Piranha (Double Dash), and R.O.B. and Shy Guy (MK DS, though Shy Guy was even a special case in that game). And I am of course ignoring all the Pac-Man characters from the arcade one. That's actually pretty impressive, especially considering it added quite a few new ones.

Also of note, 1up's review:
    http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3167527&p=44

Yay for overly nit-picky hate reviews! He spends like 90% of the review complaining about stupid things like track visuals and character choices, and then jams all the actual "information" into one tiny paragraph at the end. He doesn't even even talk about Battle Mode, except off-hand when he is bitching about how stupid some of the BM courses are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Also of note, 1up's review:
    http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3167527&p=44

Yay for overly nit-picky hate reviews! He spends like 90% of the review complaining about stupid things like track visuals and character choices, and then jams all the actual "information" into one tiny paragraph at the end. He doesn't even even talk about Battle Mode, except off-hand when he is bitching about how stupid some of the BM courses are.
    Maybe I'm alone, but I like those kinds of reviews. For big name games, I've already read a lot about the games, so I don't need someone telling me something I already know. I like to hear about nuances in gameplay, surprises, annoyances, what worked and what didn't, etc. - things you don't read everywhere.

So far, Mario Kart Wii sounds like a step down from Double Dash in most respects, save for the online mode. The sheer fact that you cannot play Grand Prix in co-op to unlock things seriously pisses me off. I'm pretty good at Mario Kart, but the computer controlled players are often so brutal, that I need an extra player to help take home the gold. And from what I've heard, 150cc is even more brutal in this game than ever before. Oh yeah, and since it's Wifi enabled, I'm sure you won't be able to back up your save games either....sigh

Battle Mode was the most fun in the Super NES version, and the N64 had some great arenas, but since then there's been so many bad arenas. I liked Double Dash's Shine Sprite and Bob-omb battle modes, but Luigi's Mansion and the Pipe Dream levels were the only decent stages in that game

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.69%

Bah, still no Magikoopa (or Kamek). What a shame. He got shafted from Mario Kart 64 (Mario Kart R) and I don't believe they ever gave him another shot

Surprised R.O.B. isn't on that list though, since he was in MK DS. Or Shy-Guy for that matter (he was the "no cartraige" wifi kart for MK DS, plus he was in the SSB Brawl Mario Kart stage ).
    Dang, I was hoping for all three of them, Kamek, R.O.B., and especially Shy Guy to be playable characters. Dry Bones was my favorite in DS though so at least that character made it in... but over Shy Guy? Come on.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.39%

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215 View Post
    I'm pretty good at Mario Kart, but the computer controlled players are often so brutal
    QFT. There's nothing more annoying then spending most of the race in first place despite the blue shell attacks, only to have the lead cruelly taken from you at the last second. This happens a lot on 150cc.

Also, the SNES and GBA courses suck. End of. There's no height to them, so they just feel empty and dull. Which is a shame, as the other courses they've included from other games are pretty good.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.64%

Quote Originally Posted by vegeta1215 View Post
    Maybe I'm alone, but I like those kinds of reviews. For big name games, I've already read a lot about the games, so I don't need someone telling me something I already know. I like to hear about nuances in gameplay, surprises, annoyances, what worked and what didn't, etc. - things you don't read everywhere.

So far, Mario Kart Wii sounds like a step down from Double Dash in most respects, save for the online mode. The sheer fact that you cannot play Grand Prix in co-op to unlock things seriously pisses me off. I'm pretty good at Mario Kart, but the computer controlled players are often so brutal, that I need an extra player to help take home the gold. And from what I've heard, 150cc is even more brutal in this game than ever before. Oh yeah, and since it's Wifi enabled, I'm sure you won't be able to back up your save games either....sigh

Battle Mode was the most fun in the Super NES version, and the N64 had some great arenas, but since then there's been so many bad arenas. I liked Double Dash's Shine Sprite and Bob-omb battle modes, but Luigi's Mansion and the Pipe Dream levels were the only decent stages in that game
    Except he spends the whole review bitching about stupid things ("ZOMG WHY IS BABY DAISY IN THE GAME?!?!?") rather than actually talking about how it plays. He barely discusses multiplayer at all.

Also, from what I've heard, this is the guy who bitched that Metroid Prime 3 didn't look as good as an Xbox 360 or PS3 game... yeah..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

Except he spends the whole review bitching about stupid things ("ZOMG WHY IS BABY DAISY IN THE GAME?!?!?") rather than actually talking about how it plays. He barely discusses multiplayer at all.

Also, from what I've heard, this is the guy who bitched that Metroid Prime 3 didn't look as good as an Xbox 360 or PS3 game... yeah..
    Yeah...sometimes they are like that.

...also, I like playing as Daisy in Double Dash

Thread Information