Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19%

Re: Super Mario Bros. in Javascript

The game runs fine here and draws each frame instantly in both Firefox 3 beta 5 and IE 7. The controls are a bit dodgy since left+right+up don't work that well on my keyboard, but aside from that, it worked fine if you don't mind them not including the pipe you can go down and both power ups. plus the lack of a flag pole or castle at the end
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.69%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    I guess, but I can't stop seeing it as, wow that's an impressively large TURD. I didn't know you could make a turd that large in Javascript.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://blog.nihilogic.dk/2008/04/super-mario-in-14kb-javascript.html
    It is by no means a complete clone or anything, it's not even an entire level and several key things are missing, such as mushrooms, Koopas and stuff. It was merely done as a sort of proof-of-concept and to see how small it could get.

Edit 2: Also, those of you complaining about the faithfulness of this implementation or how it's not complete are really missing the point of this excersize.
    I really don't see the reason why you'd insult someone else's work because "omg it's not 100% accurate." I guess you have to be a javascript programmer to understand how impressive it is despite lacking a few small elements...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.56%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Well, I don't mean to be harsh. But for one the person isn't on this forum. Right? Also, as a gamer that IS my opinion. As I programmer, I'll give them some respect for accomplishing that in javascript. But this is general gaming, not a game development or programming forum so I was posting my views as a gamer.

Thread Information