Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    59.03%

Re: Magic: the Gathering

I just got back from my pilgrimage to the Shadowmoor prerelease. I did OK, finishing with a 10-5 match record in four "flights" (mini 32-man tournaments) over two days. I usually do a little better. Oh well. Such is life...

Quote Originally Posted by Amaster42 View Post
    On a related note, anyone here know of an aura or something that generates mana whenever the creature is tapped by an external source? I want to go infinite with Drowner of Secrets and one of the untap Merfolk.
    The only way I can think of to pull it off would be to use Earthcraft and High Tide with Leech Bonder and Drowner of Secrets. Just keep in mind Earthcraft is banned in every format except Type 1, so you wouldn't be able to play this deck in any tournament. It'll make a helluva fun casual deck though! (For you that is, not your opponent.)

It works like this:
    1. Play High Tide.
    2. Tap an Island to add two blue mana to your mana pool thanks to High Tide.
    3. Activate Earthcraft by tapping Leech Bonder to untap the Island.
    4. Use one blue to untap Leech Bonder using its ability.
    5. Repeat until you have as much blue mana as cards in your opponent's library.
    6. Activate Drowner of Secrets by tapping Leech Bonder.
    7. Use one blue to untap Leech Bonder using its ability. Lather, rinse, repeat until you deck your opponent. Pray your opponent doesn't play Gaea's Blessing.
    8. Say "Go." GG!
    Keep in mind you don't actually have to have a counter to move in order to use Leech Bonder. Target itself and your Drowner if you like.

Shit, if you want, build the deck on Magic Workstation and I'll play one of my casual decks against it. (You'll have to wait until the Shadowmoor patch is released, of course. It shouldn't take long.)
    My ZQuest Tutorial -- Official Third Quest Page

(I know the pages aren't displaying properly. I don't know how to fix it. Do you?)

My ZC Quests: Conquest of Sarpadia -- Sarpadia Enhanced Soundtrack -- Son of the Beach Fun Quest

Philadelphia Phillies: 2008 World Series Champions!
    2009 record: 27-20 :)

AGN Superlatives: Zelda Classic Guru

2001 AGN Awards: Best Overall Original Creator, "Nintendo" Award

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.17%

Eh, don't have the money for Workstation, unfortunatly. You have Apprentice?

Heh, the Gatherer Spoiler went up yesterday, and I've already checked a good deal of the set out. Looks like some pretty sweet stuff...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    59.03%

Apprentice is old and busted.

Magic Workstation, while it does have a "full-featured" version that costs money, is perfectly usable for testing/casual play for free. Only one person I know has actually registered it.

Give it a shot!
    My ZQuest Tutorial -- Official Third Quest Page

(I know the pages aren't displaying properly. I don't know how to fix it. Do you?)

My ZC Quests: Conquest of Sarpadia -- Sarpadia Enhanced Soundtrack -- Son of the Beach Fun Quest

Philadelphia Phillies: 2008 World Series Champions!
    2009 record: 27-20 :)

AGN Superlatives: Zelda Classic Guru

2001 AGN Awards: Best Overall Original Creator, "Nintendo" Award

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.05%

I play around once every month or two, mostly black. Favorite cards (for the reactions):

Stone Rain

Diabolic Tutor
    ...we'd appreciate it if one or both legs were removable so that we could spin you around like a basketball perched on the end of Koby Bryant's middle finger. - T.C. Luoma

My john thomas is gonna pop off and fly around the room there's so much tasty in here! - Jayne

Freedom of Speach? US vs China

Dattebayo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.17%

Magic Workstation, while it does have a "full-featured" version that costs money, is perfectly usable for testing/casual play for free. Only one person I know has actually registered it.

Give it a shot!
    Really? Cool, I'll check it out. I'm used to unregistered programs being like, ultra-restricted "samples"

Thread Information