Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.47%

Need help again.

Okay, I've decided to make a Starfox quest and I encountered a few problems.

1. Is it possible to edit how Fox looks when he uses the blaster towards the side? When I do it, he turns to the north and jabs his side. I want him to face to the side and hold his gun, but not edit how he walks towards the side.

2. I tried changing the old lady's tile to completely defult so I can use her for chats between the characters. But the words don't appear.

3. Is it possible to change how Fox will look on a certain map? I want him to appear as an arwing on one of the maps so he can travel to other planets.

If you know how to do these, then please help. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.55%

Re: Need help again.

With regard to #3, you could use a combination of scripting and Link tile modifiers. Basically, when you go to a space map, give Fox a hidden item that changes his appearance to that of an Arwing (you may want to swap out other items of his too to reflect this, assuming you want space combat to be possible), and when he goes to a planet map, take the item away. I'm still new enough that I can't really give you clearer advice than that, though... -- Pteryx

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.28%

If your text doesn't appear, make sure the level number is above zero, and you have a "guy" on the screen. The fact that you deleted the graphic has nothing to do with the text not appearing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Santano64neo View Post
    Okay, I've decided to make a Starfox quest and I encountered a few problems.

1. Is it possible to edit how Fox looks when he uses the blaster towards the side? When I do it, he turns to the north and jabs his side. I want him to face to the side and hold his gun, but not edit how he walks towards the side.

2. I tried changing the old lady's tile to completely defult so I can use her for chats between the characters. But the words don't appear.

3. Is it possible to change how Fox will look on a certain map? I want him to appear as an arwing on one of the maps so he can travel to other planets.

If you know how to do these, then please help. Thanks!
    1. Sure you have everything with the Link Tiles right?

2. The Dmap level has to be on anything other than 0 for text to appear, that's the most common reason for the words not appearing.

3. Well you can do some really complicated stuff with Link tile mods... But me myself, I would ditch the idea before going through all of that effort. If you wanna do it though, I can explain how.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.47%

Okay. I just managed to get 1 to look how I want it to be.

About 3. How do I do that? I mean, I know you can use an Item to change his looks. But how do I take it away? I was thinking more along the lines of creating certain tiles in space but I have no Idea how to do that.

Plus, 2 and 3 are gonna be vital for the quest because it involves Fox traveling through the Lylat System to different planets and his team-mates giving him hints through-out the adventure.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.47%

Ah. Encountered another problem. The MIDI won't play. Is that a glitch because it is the overworld theme.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.34%

Use the Link Tile modifiers. In the item data, the "Link Tile Mod" is what is added to the tile number of all the link tiles. For example, if the arwing tiles are 4 rows of tiles below the Fox tiles, then set the tile mod data for Misc 1 to 80, and the tile mod data for Misc 2 to -80. Give Fox the Misc 1 item during the transition to the space scene, then give him the Misc 2 item to change him back.

Make sure that the MIDI you want to play on the OW is set on the Dmap data.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.47%

Figured out what was wrong. Something with my computer.

I think I might have to give up on the quest for now. But do you know what tile is used when Link stabs sideways?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.28%

not really sire what the question is, but you can edit that in
    quest>graphics>sprites>link
    ... i just died a little inside...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"this time, of this sixteenth of a thousand lives will be my last, and this curse will be broken. though my fate is to burn in hell, it is worse to live among the thousand lifetimes that i have been sentenced to, than it would be to have satan tear the flesh from my body repeatedly for an eternity"

--Andross Maximillion Remedy
    (otherwise known as Rem)

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.47%

Yeah, tried it. I think I'll leave that quest for now and work on another one. Does anyone know how to import the tiles from 2.10 test? I want graphics like that. Or should I just delete the map on 2.10 test and just save the quest under another name?

Thread Information