vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.12%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu View Post
    Tabuu's really not all that bad. Pokey and Rayquaza are way worse, no question. Rayquaza's attacks are all almost instant and he takes forever to kill, while everything Pokey does will hurt and/or kill you.

Tabuu's attacks are mostly easy to dodge if you focus more on not getting hit than you do on sitting in his face spamming stuff. The main exceptions are his throws (both of which just take practice) and the exploding teleport (because it's so random).

The Red Ring of Death can be dodged by using three spot dodges in a row. You need to get the timing down for it, but it's not really that hard.

My suggestion for boss battles: Use Charizard and spam Rock Smash, or use Fox and spam Fair/lasers while reflecting all projectiles possible- Meta Ridley can nearly kill himself with a single attack if you reflect enough of his shots.
    Really? I actually find them pretty easy, at least on SSE Intense (I haven't tried Boss Battles Intense, though I have no problem with them on Boss Battles Hard). The only attack of Rayquaza that is hard to dodge is when he flys up in the air in a circle and does that lightning thing. The rest are not bad (when he flys across the screen horizontally it can be a bit tricky if you don't time it right though). Sometimes his tail swipe hits me but that doesn't do very much damage at all.

Porky is not hard at all except for when he does his fast side attacks. Everything else is pretty dodgable, though the laser beam can be hard to dodge sometimes (but it doesn't do a ton of damage so it usually doesn't matter).

Honestly I have more trouble with Galleom, mostly because his ground pounding thing is hard to avoid (though it mostly just roots you, only does about 20% dmg) and occassionally he'll decide to face-plant on top of you which is pretty much an insta-kill if you can't avoid it. I usually just use a Heart Container before I fight him though and that's enough to get me through the fight without being launched. Duon is not too bad, except when he gets a cheap shot off. And both Ridleys and both Hands (Master and Crazy) are rediculously, extremely easy.

Honestly, I think even Tabuu would be fine except for the red ring of death attack and his little magical yellow cage. The cage is hard to avoid, but it's pretty much an instant death if you can't. The RRoD I have managed to dodge two of the rings but I always get hit by the third. Maybe I just need more practice. I wish you could practice against specific bosses instead of having to beat all of them to fight him (and I could do SSE but he's much harder there since you get 6 lives so it's not quite the same)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.34%

On Boss Battles I don't have trouble with anyone, but in SSE, Meta Ridley is just annoying. That time limit bugs the crap out of me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.12%

Quote Originally Posted by Amaster42 View Post
    On Boss Battles I don't have trouble with anyone, but in SSE, Meta Ridley is just annoying. That time limit bugs the crap out of me.
    The only problem I had with the time limit (after the first time I fought him anyways) was when I was trying to get his trophy. Because it was downright annoying having him ready to be captured, only to not have the damn trophy stand drop before time ran out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.49%

you can capture him? O_o
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.34%

Is there any way to make trophy stands more common? Only they seem rather rare and annoying to try and get all the enemy trophies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.12%

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFlameWolf View Post
    you can capture him? O_o
    After you beat SSE, when you replay the boss battles, there is a chance that a trophy stand will drop. Just like for normal enemies, you lower their health enough and throw it at the boss. Then they turn into a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaster42 View Post
    Is there any way to make trophy stands more common? Only they seem rather rare and annoying to try and get all the enemy trophies.
    The harder the difficulty, the better chance that a trophy stand will drop. Obviously, Intense has the best chance, but that is probably not the best way to go due to the difficulty. If you are doing it on either Hard or Very Hard though, you should be fine.

I believe putting +Trophy Stand Drop stickers on your characters *does* have an effect on how often they drop too, so try that as well.

In particular, what I generally did was get them down to a sliver of health, then just dodge until one drops. Which is not hard, but it can take awhile sometimes Just make sure if you *do* this, you keep a serious eye on the stage and be careful not to hit them again. I've had, for example, Ridley die because he did that tail-swipe against the floor of the stage, and there was a bob-omb or explosive crate that he hit that killed him -_- I've also accidentally used Pit's shield and reflected projectiles back at them that killed them

Also, both Ridleys are a serious pain. Aside from Meta Ridley's timer, both have the distinct annoying feature of hovering over the side of the ledge - meaning when you throw the stand at them, the trophy falls into the abbyss. Yeah. You have to time it *just* right so that it hits him when he's doing some attack that has him flying over the platform. It's all very stupid. I had less trouble getting Tabuu's trophy than Ridley's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.81%

If it matters to anyone I got online to work; apparently Nintendo is having troubles with keeping servers up (I mean who would have expected online SSB to be popular?) so they are solving the problem by refusing to let you play unless you fight people on your friends list.

This is not the official position of course but it is how I interpret it; the word on the internet I see is everything worked (albeit a bit laggy), then a Wii system update came out and "Fight anyone" quit working for many people. Maybe one day Nintendo will "get" the internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Really? I actually find them pretty easy, at least on SSE Intense (I haven't tried Boss Battles Intense, though I have no problem with them on Boss Battles Hard). The only attack of Rayquaza that is hard to dodge is when he flys up in the air in a circle and does that lightning thing. The rest are not bad (when he flys across the screen horizontally it can be a bit tricky if you don't time it right though). Sometimes his tail swipe hits me but that doesn't do very much damage at all.
    Enemy attack animation speed and knockback are both much much higher on intense.
    The eye blast thing is absurd. You have a second or two at most before it comes out.
    The big problem with the tail is the knockback- it KO's most characters at relatively low percents.

Porky is not hard at all except for when he does his fast side attacks. Everything else is pretty dodgable, though the laser beam can be hard to dodge sometimes (but it doesn't do a ton of damage so it usually doesn't matter).
    It does depend on character, I guess. It's mostly the fact that he has such an easy time racking up damage on you out of nowhere, and on Intense damage == game over.

Honestly I have more trouble with Galleom, mostly because his ground pounding thing is hard to avoid (though it mostly just roots you, only does about 20% dmg) and occassionally he'll decide to face-plant on top of you which is pretty much an insta-kill if you can't avoid it. I usually just use a Heart Container before I fight him though and that's enough to get me through the fight without being launched. Duon is not too bad, except when he gets a cheap shot off. And both Ridleys and both Hands (Master and Crazy) are rediculously, extremely easy.
    The hands, Ridleys, and Petey are pretty easy, but what worries me most about Galleom is his up-swipe and that really fast face-plant you mentioned. The ground pounds can be air-dodged.

I'm just glad they didn't include the Giant Diddy battle. That was just retarded. There's no other word for it. Every move he had lead into a 0% to 60% death combo, but he wouldn't even move when launched until at least 200%.

Also, yes, Meta-Ridley's trophy is annoying. Try to get Big Boss stickers on your main team. They increase trophy drops by +30, whatever that translates to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda64Gld View Post
    FUKC YUO GOAT FUCKRE!!!111

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.37%

I am about to be playing, if somebody wants to join me.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.15%

Ok...wow...

You guys know that country wide Brawl tournament that Nintendo put out? Well, we have it in canada, and my best friend just did the quebec wide segment. As of now, he is officially the second best brawler in Quebec.

The final round came down to him (fox) launching his opponent (mario) in to a metal box...And since they were both at over 200 damage, on Aero dive...There wasn't much he could do...

But still, second best in Quebec ain't bad at all.

Plus, on his first round, he accidently glitched a Link. He was on Corneria (melee) and used his landmaster. Link landed on the tip of the Landmaster Cannon, and My friend ended up at a slant on the top part of th elandmater, with link on the edge of tha cannon, but almost on the ground. One shot, and BAM, link glitched right through to the bottom of the ship.

Also... After the tournament, I went to his house, and I decided to take falco against his Fox, for some weird reason...and I beat him. For the next hour, we brawled Falco VS fox, and I was always really close to winning. I don't think I've EVER played that well. So now, I'm gonna be using Falco a lot more.

Oh, and We got this awesome snapshot. Young link on Final destination, holding a beam sword. Think is, with his closed eyes, and the way he was holding it, he looked like a Jedi. We submitted it to nintendo. Next tIme I'm over at his house, I'll load it onto an SD card and post it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Thread Information