User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: I'm still alive and (relatively) well!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.97%

Re: I'm still alive and (relatively) well!

Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    if anything, the files you speak of are more illegal due to them being the actual music data from the games and not a sound recording of them. i don't know if AGN would allow them or not >.>
    The entire Zelda Classic bundle itself isn't exactly 100% legal, so I would have no problem with it. Quests with MP3s have been added to the database before.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.89%

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    We have a GB...only moderators can see and use it.
    I believe you, it's called "Forum Staff..." I was a senior mod back in the day.

if anything, the files you speak of are more illegal due to them being the actual music data from the games and not a sound recording of them. i don't know if AGN would allow them or not >.>
    If you'd like an expert opinion on the legal status of sound rips, I would look no further than Zophar's Domain, the site I got all of them from. They obviously don't host commercial ROMS, but they have no qualms with the sound rips.

Anyway, the Quest DB submission is done. The Quest DB rules state no file types other than qst and txt so that's why I asked originally. I now have the soundtrack hosted externally along with the quest file.
    My ZQuest Tutorial -- Official Third Quest Page

(I know the pages aren't displaying properly. I don't know how to fix it. Do you?)

My ZC Quests: Conquest of Sarpadia -- Sarpadia Enhanced Soundtrack -- Son of the Beach Fun Quest

Philadelphia Phillies: 2008 World Series Champions!
    2009 record: 27-20 :)

AGN Superlatives: Zelda Classic Guru

2001 AGN Awards: Best Overall Original Creator, "Nintendo" Award

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.48%

Yay, Welcome back Alpha D!

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.22%

This is an interesting point. However sound rips are widely and readily available for download from sites all over the web, although I'm really not sure of the legality of even that, and many have the typical disclaimer attached also.

It sounds reasonable to me, that if they couldn't be included in the zip itself, then they may be hosted seperately by the submitter and linked to the page so as not to turn the zcDB into a warehouse....hmm. ...hold this thought...
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Thread Information