Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.57%

[Winter 08] The Legends of Romia II: Mistress of the Wind

The Legends of Romia II: Mistress of the Wind
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Progress: 6% Complete

This is the sequel to my first quest, The Legends of Romia: Kamala's Tomb. The demo I had planned to release is going a little sluggishly, but is picking up rather quickly now. If all goes well, I hope to have a small demo out within the next few months.

And now, for the openning story:

After Link escaped from the tomb, revived Hyrule, and smashed the jewel, Link began to train, keeping in mind what Anari said, that with Rucia, their power woould be unmatchable, and that she would go to Romia once it too was restored to revive them. He had to be ready to confront Rucia with everything he had when the time came.

Several months have passed, and Romia still has not appeared. Prehaps Kamala lied about Romia so that Link wouldn't be selfish, and keep the jewel for himself. Link awoke one day, and noticed a letter on his table. It was from princess Zelda, regarding a very odd letter her father had received about Link from a man named Kai, and that King Hyrule wanted to meet him that day. He headed to Hyrule Castle to meet the princess and king. Zelda read the odd letter aloud. The main focus of the letter was just to see if Link was even a real person. The man who had sent the letter had heard rumours of Link, and wanted to confirm, and hopefully meet him. Not too long after reading the letter, a man walked in. He announced himself as Kai, prince of Romia, and asked Link to come with him to Romia for some help. Link knew just from that, that his time had come to stop Rucia from whatever she had intended. He went with Kai to the new land of Romia...

I've also got a little trailer I did awhile back. The quality sucks crap, I couldn't get movie maker to export anything better. Sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MF2zlAIDM0

And some screenies.They're a little old, but oh well, they retain much of what's in the quest now.

Dood! It's a prinny! RUN!

If only I could fly...

About friggen time I found this place!

I wounder what this does...

I like all this stuff...

My house!

The peaceful city known as the Royal Kingdom.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.
    -This signature lacks something interesting.-

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.82%

Re: The Legends of Romia II: Mistress of the Wind

It looks very nice. Although to be honest, I am growing less fond of the Pure set. But still, it looks very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.54%

Quote Originally Posted by Blaman View Post

The peaceful city known as the Royal Kingdom.
    The paved road is, pardon me, a little bland. It seems to be in need of some flaws in the stonework.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.82%

Quote Originally Posted by russadwan View Post
    It looks very nice. Although to be honest, I am growing less fond of the Pure set. But still, it looks very nice.
    Honestly, I'm growing less fond of the DoR tileset. Quests don't look like games anymore, just animated paintings. I can't make a game with paintings.

I happen to like this shot. It actually looks like a city, not just a big grassy village. (Of course, the MMDWR city really looks like a city.)
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn View Post
    Honestly, I'm growing less fond of the DoR tileset. Quests don't look like games anymore, just animated paintings. I can't make a game with paintings.
    I will admit, they are getting a little to realistic. That is why I am still using less realistic tiles in my quests (such as 2x2 gameboy trees). But I am just seeing so many PTUX quests that I am growing less fond of them. I actually think the orignal Pure set looks better than PTUX. Unless you use PTUX extremly well, like in Lost Isle.
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.57%

Quote Originally Posted by _L_
    The paved road is, pardon me, a little bland. It seems to be in need of some flaws in the stonework.
    You mean something like cracks in the road? I could try that out, and see what I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn
    I agree. It's gameplay that matters most. It seems some people are trying to make the most realistic graphics rather than actually finishing their games.

By the way, thanks for the comments!

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Blaman View Post
    I agree. It's gameplay that matters most. It seems some people are trying to make the most realistic graphics rather than actually finishing their games.
    I'll admit, it is getting too realistic. But PTUX just isn't that atractive to me. I like the old DoR tileset the best.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.28%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by _L_ View Post

I just might be able to take that as a compliment. I'll consider adding a bit more variety whenever I get around to importing these into the DoR set.

Also, do add the corner pieces. I included them for a reason. :p This is the kind of effect they're supposed to be having:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.57%

Which corner peices do you mean? The ones on the bottom corners?

Quote Originally Posted by russadawn
    I'll admit, it is getting too realistic. But PTUX just isn't that atractive to me. I like the old DoR tileset the best.
    PTUX as is can be boring, so that's why I went ahead and changed and added some tiles. For example, the MC house tiles. I'm trying to change tiles so it feels a little different. (Actually, I just replaced my old cave tiles for the MC caves.)

Thread Information