User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo simultaniously dicks Wii and 360 owners...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.89%

Re: Nintendo simultaniously dicks Wii and 360 owners...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMax View Post
    Nintendo would fuck you over in a heartbeat if it had the chance, and all the Wii and Web 2.0 goodwill in the world can't fix that.
    Such is the way of any successful business. :/

Can't say I'm too surprised at this. I never really expected Goldeneye to be remade or show up on Virtual Console/XBL Marketplace since Microsoft owns Rare, but the game was on a Nintendo console.

Even so, it's kind of a shame that a bunch of company fluff got in the way. I would've loved to see an updated Goldeneye. I never did unlock the very last mission. Good thing I still have the N64 game I got at a yard sale for $7. :p

Though I have gained some respect for Reggie Fils-Aime. If the comment about him is true, then maybe there are some corporate bigwigs who still care for their consumers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Alex, Rare didn't jump ship. Nintendo sold Rare. Also, I don't think the japanese every particularly like Rare except maybe early on. I remember hearing the japanese thinking Americans were suckers for good graphics in reference to Rare's Donkey Kong Country series.

Honestly, Nintendo never had a good record with competition. They have always been dicks. The only reason they backed down from their original position during the NES days was cause the courts would have fucked them hard. It's a shame that the retarded japanese ego bullshit will apparently prevent mutual benifit for everyone.

I think 007 would have been a sweet title to see on the 360 arcade. And Wii could certainly have used it either as a remake or as one of many RARE titles in the VC. I'm still wondering what the deal is with Killer Instinct. They need to get that in the arcade. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.13%

I agree with almost everything said above, except for...
    It's a shame that the retarded japanese ego bullshit will apparently prevent mutual benifit for everyone.
    Tain't just Nintendo there. Microsoft, Sony, any corporation doesn't want stuff that benefits everyone. They want stuff that benefits their users, and convinces others to join them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.01%

This is news? I heard about this a while back...well, the part about Nintendo not letting Goldeneye be on X-Box Live. Are you all really suprised? I'm not.

It would've been cool though, both on 360 and Wii VC, esp if there is less slow down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.53%

Businesses like the appearance of being user friendly without the work of doing so. See: Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaster42 View Post
    I agree with almost everything said above, except for...

Tain't just Nintendo there. Microsoft, Sony, any corporation doesn't want stuff that benefits everyone. They want stuff that benefits their users, and convinces others to join them.
    Yep. If you've ever studied game theory and it's application to cartels or oligopolies, this is very true. The sad thing is the payoff to both of cooperation would be much higher. They might not both benefit by the same amount, but they would surely both benefit - common sense tells us that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.16%

Goldeneye is one of the few console FPS games I actually enjoyed, and it would've been great to see it on Xbox Live. Likewise, it would have been pretty awesome to see Rare's N64 games on the VC, as half my damn N64 library was their software.

Well, Nintendo can go fuck themselves... that's just a really lame move.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.88%

Quote Originally Posted by MottZilla View Post
    Alex, Rare didn't jump ship. Nintendo sold Rare.
    Okay, so maybe not 'petty revenge' or anything, but the point still stands that they have some serious 'honor' issues going on.

Also, I don't think the japanese every particularly like Rare except maybe early on. I remember hearing the japanese thinking Americans were suckers for good graphics in reference to Rare's Donkey Kong Country series.
    Spot on. Donkey Kong Country was a supremely mediocre series of platformers that just so happened to have decent prerendered graphics for its time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Haha. You're right the game isn't ground breaking, but the point was Nintendo was basically bashing the game when they themselves couldn't achieve that at the time. And it's silly they bash it when it sold like crazy. It's just more evidence that Nintendo is very japanese.

It's still pretty odd to me that Nintendo was involved in 007 anyway. Activision shouldn't act like Nintendo's bitch. That's one reason this whole story sounds fishy to me.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.87%

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMax View Post
    * Conkers Bad Fur Day
    There is an awesome remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day for the XBox. No need to release it. Besides, not like it would have made it to the VC anyway, what with its language and choice of names and all.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    There is an awesome remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day for the XBox. No need to release it. Besides, not like it would have made it to the VC anyway, what with its language and choice of names and all.
    Hmm. Yeah, wasn't Perfect Dark also ported to the 360? I don't see why this game is suddenly a big deal as far as porting/ re-releasing :/

Thread Information