Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.25%

[Winter 08] The Broken Minds trilogy

ok. yeah i copied and pasted it from the announcement forum. i know im lazy =)

hey guys. i got a quest with pretty nice story that you might like to hear about XD

and yes, its going to have lots of story if i can do it right.

SO *ahem* the game is called "the legend of zelda, the broken minds"

and it is a 3 file quest.

monstrous, huh?

so the first part.

*&^SPOILER ALERT^&* do not read the story section if you do not want to ruin it for yourself. i carefully planned out the story so its not really as boring as the usual "SAVE THE GODDAMN PRINCESS!" type thing

Part 1: Link shattered

completion- 1%

dungeons- 4-5

overworld- massive

items- (not quite sure yet)

STORY: basically the same old thing. princess gets kidnapped and all that. But ive added the additional bosses, and theres going to be an extra temple after you destroy ganon, which is purely a test of skill, and once beaten, you will find out how to access the next part.

Part 2: Dark link divided

completion- about... 30-40%

dungeons- 4-5

overworld- once again, massive.

items- the first you get is the sword. you have to find it to get to your first dungeon. [technically you have to buy it] and then bombs, then roc's feather, then hookshot, then mirror shield (not quite finished yet)

STORY:
    a voice awakens dark link from her [yeah i said her. the whole thing hinges on dark link being female and having feelings for link] sleep, telling her that ganon has captured link and intends to kill link using the master sword to take links power, and rule the world. dark link sets off to save him, originally intending to save the world rather than him, but she soon realizes that she wants to save him so she can tell him how she feels, without fighting him.

Part 3: Oni-link's rage

completion- 5-10%

dungeons- 4-5

overworld- massive

items- not really sure yet

STORY: this is the bonus quest. you need the passwords from both quests prior to it in order to access it.
    i fully intend for it to be incredibly difficult, so be prepared. Oni-link [female also] catches wind of link's sudden dissapearance into ganon's evil clutches, also hearing rumors that link's shadow was supposed to be the one to help ganon finish the job. She sets out, to find link and destroy dark link before they can destroy link and steal his power. along the way, dark link and oni-link meet up and fight, and they barely escape with their lives. in the final dungeon. with the ganon boss battle, oni-link finds... oops i said too much XD

sooo... i hope you guys like it so far. i figured someone wanted to know [since logic doesent seem to work] why i havent submitted a single quest yet. truth is, these are my first, after another one. the warped world. but the file got corrupted so i abandoned all operations on it and moved on to a better quest with a better story.

my credit so far as i can remember into this trilogy goes to

russadawn [agreed to test it when its finished]
    gleeok and joe123 [for considerable help with my scripting]
    umm... pineconn i think helped too... i cant remember how but i think he helped.
    and stephen cooper. [hes not here at AGN, hes a guy at my school who helped me think up some puzzles]

if ive left anyone out, im terribly sorry...
    ... i just died a little inside...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"this time, of this sixteenth of a thousand lives will be my last, and this curse will be broken. though my fate is to burn in hell, it is worse to live among the thousand lifetimes that i have been sentenced to, than it would be to have satan tear the flesh from my body repeatedly for an eternity"

--Andross Maximillion Remedy
    (otherwise known as Rem)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.29%

Re: the broken minds trilogy

Hm, it sounds very good. But if Dark Link and Oni-Link are on the same side, why are they fighting?
    Play The Darkness Within, my newest ZC Quest! Download here:
    http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=quests&id=374

Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.25%

well technically they are but they arent on the same side.

yes, they both want to save link, but oni-link is jealous of dark-link and her previous relations with him.

now for a trip to the past.

the whole reason dark link wanted to kill link in the first place is so she wouldnt have to tell him how she really felt. but dark link could never bring herself to kill him.

and little by little link became attached to those moments when he barely escaped with his life. and un-knowingly, link falls for dark link.

and oni-link is jealous of dark-link. so oni-link wants to kill dark link because she wants link all to herself.

and dark link is jealous of oni- link becaise oni-link is link's guardian, and is allowed to be close to him all the time.

so even though theyre helping link, they hate eachother

is that what you were asking?

"this time, of this sixteenth of a thousand lives will be my last, and this curse will be broken. though my fate is to burn in hell, it is worse to live among the thousand lifetimes that i have been sentenced to, than it would be to have satan tear the flesh from my body repeatedly for an eternity"

(otherwise known as Rem)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.29%

Yes, that explains things. Although somehow it seems like Ganon would take advantage of the fact that they hate each other and trick them into killing each other.

Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.25%

thats why he captured link.

he wants them to kill eachother trying to get to link so noone else can stand in his way.

(otherwise known as Rem)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.29%

Oh. Now it makes sense. But I have one question. Who is Oni-Link? I thought that it was just another name for Dark Link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.25%

umm no. dark link is portrayed as link's shadow in Oot. in MM dark link fails to appear, but when link uses a special mask, you play as oni-link, which would [to me] be link's light half. so its dark and light basically. oni-link is also known as fierce deity link, too so you might have heard of it before and just not known it. i just think oni-link sounds better. thats her real name... i think

(otherwise known as Rem)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.29%

Oh, Fierce Deity Link. I don't know, he sort of seems, well, evil. More of a dark side of Link than a light side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.25%

de·i·ty [dee-i-tee]
    –noun, plural -ties. 1. a god or goddess.
    2. divine character or nature, esp. that of the Supreme Being; divinity.
    3. the estate or rank of a god: The king attained deity after his death.
    4. a person or thing revered as a god or goddess: a society in which money is the only deity.
    5. the Deity, God; Supreme Being.
    if it was named something else, i would agree. oni-link is badass

(otherwise known as Rem)

Thread Information