Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.24%

Re: End of Time DX

I can't wait for you to finish this one. End of Time is up there in my top 5 favorite games. I still go back and play it every once in a while when I'm bored. I look forward to this being completed and submitted!

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.97%

Quote Originally Posted by dafeedil View Post
    I still go back and play it every once in a while when I'm bored.
    When I'm bored, I copy it screen by screen into the DoR tileset.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.96%

Quote Originally Posted by russadwan View Post
    There is something I find strange about the quest. There is a sudden transition between the field and desert. You placed the valley, desert, village, and part of the field in the desert. That is to sudden of a transition. In mine, the area north of the village is considered part of Hyrule Field, the place where you get a super bomb and the raft is the Gerudo Valley, and the main desert area is the Gerudo Desert. Otherwise, you version is so much better than mine. But you should use a custom boss.
    I have to disagree with you there. I personally think the field transitions very well into the desert. You walk along the beach... grass becomes more and more scarce as sand overtakes the screen.... You turn past the cliff... and you're in the desert. Makes sense to me. It's much better than LttH in which you are in Hyrule Field -> BAM, there's the desert!
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.97%

Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn View Post
    I have to disagree with you there. I personally think the field transitions very well into the desert. You walk along the beach... grass becomes more and more scarce as sand overtakes the screen.... You turn past the cliff... and you're in the desert. Makes sense to me. It's much better than LttH in which you are in Hyrule Field -> BAM, there's the desert!
    But it's still a little sudden. In mine, the transition seems more natural, as when I finish it, the grass will become more scarce allong the shore line (like yours), dissapear completly, giving way to sand. However, it will still be on the field. Then it gradually gets mroe desert like until, BAM! You're in the heart of the Gerudo Desert, with large sandstorms and quick sand conveyers. The grass also starts getting thicker as you reach the village, so it's not like BAM, you go from a desert to a forest.
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.97%

Sorry for the double post, but I think it's okay because two weeks have gone by. Anyways, I just wanted to say something. I was in the desert area with the suberbomb and the raft, when I saw to cacti in front of a cliff. When I bombed it open, I though "Wait, there was no cave here originally". Then when the goron inside talked about sneaking in while the remake was being made, I cracked up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.96%

Yeah, you'll find more humor in this quest. The original EoT is so lifeless... I'll try to remedy that in the remake.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.97%

Quote Originally Posted by Pineconn View Post
    Yeah, you'll find more humor in this quest. The original EoT is so lifeless... I'll try to remedy that in the remake.
    And you're trying to remedy it with comedy? Good decision. My remake will use a tone of darkness and seriousness, along with major storylines twists, to try to remedy the lifelessness. Also, will your remake explain why it is called End of Time? Mine does. :) Although I can tell you, whenever I look at an area of mine, and an area of yours, I almost cry because yours is so much better looking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.94%

I've never played the original, but the screens are looking pretty good. (I just got the demo now, so I'll have to try it out.)
    -This signature lacks something interesting.-

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.97%

Quote Originally Posted by Blaman View Post
    I've never played the original, but the screens are looking pretty good. (I just got the demo now, so I'll have to try it out.)
    I think you will find his much mre graphically appealing then my version.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.94%

Sorry for getting off topic, but how is your remake coming along? I haven't heard about it in awhile.
    -This signature lacks something interesting.-

Thread Information