Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.86%

[Winter 08] End of Time DX

Many people have played and seemingly enjoyed my first quest, End of Time. However, I feel that much more could be done with it. As a result, both russadwan and I are remaking it in different tilesets.

Mine will primarily feature enhanced graphics and music, a sufficient storyline, and a few added puzzles and areas. It will remain loyal to the original to the extent that areas will seem very familiar, but the radical new look and redesigning of rooms will allow it to be beautifully fresh. See for yourself:

Old | New

Old | New

Old | New

Old | New

Old | New

Old | New

I realize that some of those screens still need a little bit of detail. I'll also be sure to have a short demo up relatively soon.

The backstory is rough at the moment, but this is what I have:

For several years, darkness has been brewing underneath Hyrule. In a violent upheaval from a strong releasing of energy, several spires rose from this Underworld, linking the two worlds. While Ganon has been lurking in his base, he never noticed that his fiery world of evil has been breached. Curious about the strange mountains, Link goes to investigate, but he never expects the horrors of Ganon's plan...

=========================> EDIT 9/22/08 <=========================

Demo! (Use 2.10!)

I finally got the quest in a somewhat stable condition, so do realize that this quest doesn't have the amount of polish that Link to the Heavens has. However, the graphics look pretty nice, so there should be enough eye-candy to get you through the short demo. Areas that are not complete are inconspicuously blocked by dancing vines. The end of the demo is basically when you enter the Great Forest. Also, you can't enter too many houses or caves (because they aren't built yet), so don't worry if entering one places you back at the entrance of the house or cave.
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.98%

Re: End of Time DX

Looking good. I enjoyed the original, and I don't usually like 8-bit graphics, so if it's updated, I will definitely play. :)

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.62%

wow
    that looks great
    i have thought about doing the same thing to my old quest
    but not many people liked it
    so i didnt

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.86%

Wow. Your's is coming along so much better than mine is. Nice backstory too. Should I create a seperate thread for my version, or use this thread, so both EoT DX versions are in the same thread?

Edit: Never mind, I saw your other post.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.86%

I promised a demo, and here it is. I finally got the quest in a somewhat stable condition, so do realize that this quest doesn't have the amount of polish that Link to the Heavens has. However, the graphics look pretty nice, so there should be enough eye-candy to get you through the short demo.

Areas that are not complete are inconspicuously blocked by dancing vines. The end of the demo is basically when you enter the Great Forest. Also, you can't enter too many houses or caves (because they aren't built yet), so don't worry if entering one places you back at the entrance of the house or cave.

You can find the link to the demo in the first post......or right [here]. Use 2.10 or zombie pirates will visit your house tonight!
    My quests:
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.86%

Awesome! Now I can see just how much better yours is! I have a feeling yours is better graphically, but as soon as I finish the title screen, first custom boss, and storylines twists that happen before level two, my demo will be ready. Yes, there are storyline twists before level 2. There are even some before level 1.

Regardless, I can't wait to play this.
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.02%

Looks cool. I'll give it a try some time
    Revival of Link - coming... I don't know. 90% finished and lost motivation to build after a sudden increase in interest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.72%

Great demo. Surprised I was only the second person to download it.
    Oh, before I forget, I have to tell you something Pineconn... It seems that while you were making your quest, some Goron... Well... He gave me 20 rupees, so I guess I shouldn't...

Click here to level up my card!

"Everybody's doing it... I just wanted to be popular."
    Bender- Futurama

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.86%

Ah, you actually found that cave.

I still need to do a lot with this remake. And to think, I have to put the constant pinging of my creative juices on hold just to remake my quest.
    My quests:

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.86%

There is something I find strange about the quest. There is a sudden transition between the field and desert. You placed the valley, desert, village, and part of the field in the desert. That is to sudden of a transition. In mine, the area north of the village is considered part of Hyrule Field, the place where you get a super bomb and the raft is the Gerudo Valley, and the main desert area is the Gerudo Desert. Otherwise, you version is so much better than mine. But you should use a custom boss.

Thread Information